The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Barcelona f1 2018 skin layout in progress :)
Screenshot_urd_t5_maures_2015_barcelona_2018_11-5-118-21-52-16.jpg

That's one of the ugliest race liveries I've ever seen. :laugh: Unless it's a Jackson Pollock design...Then it's "genius" :rolleyes: It kinda works like a camouflage the way it breaks up the usually beautiful lines of that Audi.

I agree about the livery... But definitely don't agree about the lines of the Audi. I've always thought this generation R8 is hideous.

That's one of the ugliest race liveries I've ever seen. :laugh: Unless it's a Jackson Pollock design...Then it's "genius" :rolleyes: It kinda works like a camouflage the way it breaks up the usually beautiful lines of that Audi.
Yeah it's not the best livery :laugh: most Audi's seem to be running a similar pattern this year but the montaplast green colours make it look worse somehow. However I do think I've done a reasonable representation ;)
A184358_full.jpg

Yeah it's not the best livery :laugh: most Audi's seem to be running a similar pattern this year but the montaplast green colours make it look worse somehow. However I do think I've done a reasonable representation ;)
Oh, your work is fantastic!! I honestly did not mean to criticize your work. You're just recreating what's out there in the real world and that is a gift to the community. :)

Not an easy one to get right but luckily the last rim I'll need for the 8 series 'series' :)

hUGFa1D.png

It is as in real life a two piece wheel at the moment. I'll probably model the 5 spoke base that this 'turbine star' is attached to just because the 'M8 prototype' used that wheel without the star.

nzbIVrJ.png

WqHPEd1.png

Before applying the array I have to fine tune the transitions of the inner part of the turbine as simply rotating the extruded vertices around the center actually did not work as it isn't symmetrical. Hardest part is done though.

Threw them on the CSi and applied some Oxford Green II metallic with 'Light Gelb II' leather. Looking the part I'd say. After this distraction I'll get back to the dash :).

xNys3TO.png

Classic blueprint/photo trap - the star actually goes to the edge of the rim's frame. That line is not visible on full on profile shots or drawings but after checking some perspective shots I was able to see it. Means I have to modify the inside of the star so it wraps around the inner ring. In any case current status:

shmTtlD.png

L71IZuZ.png

If you know this wheel you've probably noticed there's something off looking about it. Total size and tire yet to be finalized but the proportion is correct now.

TbCmjCW.png

Last edited:
2018 Gran Premio de Espana skin done, not possible to upload here, because i have modified .kn5 of ks_barcelona file...so you can find the layout on F1 Classic talk when i upload it :)
Screenshot_acfl_2018_ferrari_barcelona_2018_13-5-118-20-11-53.jpg

Screenshot_acfl_2018_ferrari_barcelona_2018_13-5-118-20-11-13.jpg

Screenshot_acfl_2018_ferrari_barcelona_2018_13-5-118-20-10-47.jpg

Screenshot_acfl_2018_ferrari_barcelona_2018_13-5-118-20-9-51.jpg

Screenshot_acfl_2018_ferrari_barcelona_2018_13-5-118-20-9-39.jpg

Screenshot_acfl_2018_ferrari_barcelona_2018_13-5-118-20-10-8.jpg

Only time you would need to edit the kn5 is if you remove objects. New objects should be in a new kn5.

thank's for the tips ! can i "compile" all the the naw object in one .kn5 ? what about the x,z,y coordonates ? all the new objects will have the good position ingame ?
Screenshot_acfl_2018_ferrari_barcelona_2018_13-5-118-23-40-26.jpg

For this object per ewample, i have edited front face with new texture, if i clone this one in a new kn5, ingame maybe clipping, non showing issues with the original object are resulting ?

Last edited:
Looks great, but a bit sad that they changed the kerbs.
Changed in what way? Ugh...This is so embarassing to admit, but I rarely driving Donington. It's not due to quality or interest. Nope. It's because I can never manage to drive a single clean lap. I don't mind being a slower driver. Hey, someone has to occupy last place, right? Even hot lapping, I can almost guarantee I will blow a turn. :redface:

Changed in what way? Ugh...This is so embarassing to admit, but I rarely driving Donington. It's not due to quality or interest. Nope. It's because I can never manage to drive a single clean lap. I don't mind being a slower driver. Hey, someone has to occupy last place, right? Even hot lapping, I can almost guarantee I will blow a turn. :redface:
Nothing major. New circuit owner continues modernising the circuit facilities, they just also changed the colours (kerbs, walls, ...) from blue/white to red/white. Which looks nice too, just something to get used to.

Thanks to @A3DR for pointing out a wheel house that was edgy and not smoothly aligned I present you this dull but highly relevant update :).

CL10H0U.png

5NlBJlo.png

Rear wheel house outer and inner edge now 100% smooth. I aligned all geometry to 0 along x and then rotated along y and z to move it into final shape. As you can tell by the front wheel house that one hasn't got that treatment yet.

L9WIHjQ.png

Also removed a good 20% of excess geometry from the body.

KO09oUD.png

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 268 34.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 214 27.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 145 18.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 64 8.2%
  • At a friends house