The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

That's perfectly fine - I understand that this track won't interest a lot of people. That's why it is key for me only to work on projects that I want to make for me. I love old, disused, dangerous circuits and most people seem to have very little interest in them (understandably).

I think I would find it impossible to spend 12 months (on and off) working on a project with the hope of pleasing most people. Tbh, it's been hard enough motivating myself to finish this track for me, never mind anyone else :roflmao:

At the end of the day,it will be free, so why not try it when it's done. If you only ever do one lap, at least you will have tried something new (or something very old :D).

Keep doing what you're doing. Even if you never release a final version of this track I've enjoyed (and learned) from the updates.

WW

P.S. Thompson Road is brilliant.

this is kinda offtopic but not, every time I see races on Mid Ohio I think of Lilski (or maybe Mitja as well)
I would love a quality made from scratch version of it more than any other track (well, maybe a Tsukuba version too)

this is kinda offtopic but not, every time I see races on Mid Ohio I think of Lilski (or maybe Mitja as well)
I would love a quality made from scratch version of it more than any other track (well, maybe a Tsukuba version too)

It's been on my potential list for a while now but not sure when. It really needs to be done properly.

A friend and I made the road trip down to Mid-O from Toronto a few years back for the Indycar/Pirelli World Challenge weekend. One of the best races I've ever seen was that weekend, with the battle between a Compass360 Racing Civic and a Miata in the PWC Touring car race. Just brilliant stuff, lap after lap after lap. Love the track.

I have mixed feelings about this track (from what I see). I love mountains passes, winding roads, hill climbs but this one feels neither of those. I guess after I try it it might change my feelings and I will love it. It's about the track not about what you've done because that's some great job.
Unfortunately, not every track is going to excite every sim racer. Personally, I love these old tracks. It's crazy to think of people actually racing on these "tracks" back in the day when automobile safety was pretty much nil, many of the cars a handful to control and hardly any runoff anywhere. I'm sure we all have types of "tracks" we don't enjoy that much. For me, it's drifting tracks and drifting in general. Thankfully, I am blessed to have a plethora of tracks to choose from that I do enjoy! :)

That's perfectly fine - I understand that this track won't interest a lot of people. That's why it is key for me only to work on projects that I want to make for me. I love old, disused, dangerous circuits and most people seem to have very little interest in them (understandably).

I think I would find it impossible to spend 12 months (on and off) working on a project with the hope of pleasing most people. Tbh, it's been hard enough motivating myself to finish this track for me, never mind anyone else :roflmao:

At the end of the day,it will be free, so why not try it when it's done. If you only ever do one lap, at least you will have tried something new (or something very old :D).
Please don't ever change what you're doing! There are other top level modders who like to focus on current tracks, or older/removed tracks that follow the blueprint for a traditional racing circuit. Lilski's A+++ Riverside comes to mind.
8Q9l6Fw.gif

Yes, that's a great site/channel. Lots of really interesting info about tracks I had never heard of before - I'm glad other people like similar circuits to me :thumbsup:

If you don't mind a bit of reading (rather than lots of videos of pictures) and doing your own follow-up research, this is also really worth looking at for old tracks:

http://www.wegcircuits.nl/RennenRacesVitesse.pdf

It's where I first read about Feldbergring, Battenbergring, Schleizer Dreieck to name but a few :)

"Oberreifenberg – Hessen / Feldbergring / 1950-1954 (5) / motorcycles + cars Location: 50°14'9.02"N / 8°26'57.68"E The 11.576 km Feldbergring hosted motorcycle races from 1950-1954, before the 1955 meeting was cancelled. Note the first year also included races for sports cars and Formula 3 racing cars. The circuit ranked among the most daunting in Germany. A lap began just outside of Oberreifenberg, then continued into the village, where a steep descent led through the narrow streets. The rest of the lap had all sorts of bends and even a big jump, while the total elevation change amounted to 275 metres. Many compared the circuit to the Isle of Man TT course. BMW-rider Georg Meier recorded the lap record in 5.49,9 = 119.1 km/h at the FeldbergRennen of June 1953." - I think that passage describes my track pretty well :)

I never said I didn't like the track (Feldbergring ) I just expressed that how I see the track is like a mix of circuit, road, maybe I'm just not used to see those kind of tracks.
But as I said it feels like a great representation from Fat-alfie, so really looking forward to try it in May 2018 :geek:

AC modding is lagging seriously behind for me at the moment.

All projects are currently on hold, but I will get back to them.

Life and a total systems reformat have taken a lot of time.

The need to reinstall all controllers again, made me fulfill a long time wish to reconfigure my simpit.

First stage is now finished. Now I can easily swap controllers as needed. I also rebuild my handbrake, so that it is smaller and lighter.

Desktop in Drive mode.
Chair Drive mode.jpg
Desktop Drive mode.jpg

Chair in Drive mode.
Chair Drive mode.jpg

Desktop in Flight mode.
Desktop Flight mode.jpg

Next step is to fine tune my DIY headtracker with 3 green leds on a cap with Opentrack and a Logitech C920 webcam.

Sorry for the interruption, You can now return to the regular program.

Happy modding.

Now working on the #1 Land Motorsport Audi. Just the sponsors on the door sils and the rear bumper to do and it will be complete. Using my earlier released Bathurst Audi for a base as the 'Audi Sport' pattern is the same just with different colours..
41140743495_17ddfc417d_o.jpg

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%