The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

image.png

Spot the (many) differences

Super early days at the moment. Clockwise track, have F1/WEC in mind for it so some alterations to the pit lane might be necessary to accommodate larger grids, but most things seem to go alright around it. I'm pretty horrible at driving on AC, but I've gotten into the low 1:23's in the Formula Hybrid 2018, so it's a pretty fast lap. Sector 3 is a tyre killer! Have a few possible layouts in mind too.

Track.png

Any feedback appreciated.

There's going to be some subtle elevation changes eventually, though nothing major. For the setting probably just a regular middle of nowhere track like Silverstone or something for now. Though I do like how Abu Dhabi and Paul Ricard do things with colour, so maybe something along those lines.

Probably going to be slow progress for a while, moving house in a few weeks so might not have a huge amount of time to work on it and I'm still learning Blender, so a lot of figuring things out as I go along.

I've had Win 10 for like, 2 years now and I still have no way of capturing video from AC. So here's a gif made of 3 random screenshots...
yFfB0NQ.gif

http://90d.ca/d/stFlow.7z

I'm not gonna say it's self-explanatory cause I had to google it...
txNormal should contain macro scale waves which move relatively fast in the direction waves visibly go (towards shallower water or towards currents). This part's more set up via UV mapping than parameter.
txDetailNM should contain micro scale waves which move slower in an oblique direction.
detailMult should be an irrational number, to avoid the 2 textures tiling neatly, likewise the 2 speeds should not have a handy GCD. (so for example: mult of 2.0 is an integer and bad, 2.09234 is 104617/50000 when expressed as a fraction which is much better. If in doubt use phi, or 1.618033988)
I believe 1.0 in the speed variables is +1 to uv per second, so you probably want more like 0.05 sorta thing to start with. Depends how big the texture is.

General material settings would be a dark brown-green diffuse (the river in the gif is muddy so it's more brown), with fresnelC 0.04, fresnelEXP 4, fresnelMAX 0.66 or so.

For redistribution only the _ps and _vs files in system\shaders\win\ are strictly necessary, the rest's so kseditor can operate.

Last edited:
Code:
ERROR: Material::getVar CANT FIND VAR damageZones for shader MIRROR_IN
anyone an idea what this means? I have crashes when I try running races/track days with mixed grids containing eboos hillclimb cars (the E36, 190 and Kadett), curiously enough it seems to only crash when more than one of these cars are in the grid, on their own they do fine.

I've had Win 10 for like, 2 years now and I still have no way of capturing video from AC.

I have recorded from AC on Win 10 in the past using OBS but just recently have struggled. it would either record the launcher window (black screen) or compress the game screen into half the size. maybe someone knows the secret.

The company name will be S-Bend Plumbing...
I can assure you, it's only going to get worse from here.

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2018.07.27 - 20.59.22.82.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2018.07.27 - 20.59.22.82.png
    698.9 KB · Views: 262
Very nice! What will it cost, if anything?
Not really sure what I’m doing with it yet. I don’t think it’ll be free if released to the general public though. Considering the features, it’d be nowhere near as expensive as professional tools though. I’d also want to figure out a way that it couldn’t be redistributed easily.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 508 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 311 42.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 335 45.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 164 22.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 199 26.9%
Back