The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I've still got 2 more to finish, but the new update for the Celica skinpack is dropping today.
__custom_showroom_1540992808.jpg

My next track for AC, another old circuit from 1950s Germany - Battenberg-ring :) 12.5km of undulating public roads flowing through the Germany countryside with 123m of elevation change :inlove:

JafzI8a.jpg

xUAXYwH.jpg

So far I have the road in place but no physical mesh yet, all the grass verges in place, sculpted and welded to the terrain, a few place-holder TSO, and 64,000 low poly trees (split into deciduous and evergreen areas).

Rjt4k9c.jpg

FrOZo8o.jpg

yaovV24.jpg

I learned a lot making Feldbergring which has made this project much quicker and easier to do :thumbsup:
Can.
Not.
WAIT!
:)

Does this mean that Deutchlandring is being left in limbo though..? :(

Thanks :). Yes, for the moment :(. I keep returning to it, try to fire myself up to finish it off, but I lose interest in that track really easily. This says to me that I don't love the layout enough to dedicate the required time to it. It is probably around 75% complete, which makes it good enough for me to use but nowhere near good enough to release, and it's all the tedious stuff that's left to do like fences and 3D grass.

I'm sure it will get finished off one day, but not for now - sorry :redface:

On a happier note, I got the low-poly trees in-game with very little effect on performance, all 64,000 of them :D

BLrwWIL.jpg

e0ezlM3.jpg

tNHDXCh.jpg

^^ Looks incredible!
Sorry to hear about Deutchlandring, I personally really love the layout and it's a shame it's 3/4 of the way finished and all that work might go to waste. I guess mods are a labour of love though, and if your heart isn't really in it then a relaxing hobby can soon become a boring chore. Like most projects, maintaining the enthusiasm can be difficult even at the best of times.

Last edited:
My next track for AC, another old circuit from 1950s Germany - Battenberg-ring :) 12.5km of undulating public roads flowing through the Germany countryside with 123m of elevation change :inlove:

Very much looking forward to this one pal.

JafzI8a.jpg

xUAXYwH.jpg

So far I have the road in place but no physical mesh yet, all the grass verges in place, sculpted and welded to the terrain, a few place-holder TSO, and 64,000 low poly trees (split into deciduous and evergreen areas).

Rjt4k9c.jpg

FrOZo8o.jpg

yaovV24.jpg

I learned a lot making Feldbergring which has made this project much quicker and easier to do :thumbsup:

Long time no screenshots ... ok that's a slight understatement it's been like 14 months :\

fgel8Fu.jpg

Finished off 1 of the 4 remaining materials that needed a UV unwrap (stainless is now 100%, other than some stuff that needs complicated mirror modifier shenanigans I'll do after the objects are fully UV'd), big inroads on another (the painted chassis) and just starting on the 3rd (nickel plating, rollbar's done and not a lot else which is why the suspension, mirrors etc are temporarily black)... if you hadn't noticed this model has a lot of moving metal parts

Taking full advantage of the new shader that'll come with the car so the stainless hardware's slightly blue and the brass hardware's ... brass. (see eg. shocks and most nuts in stainless, bolts holding everything together brass) It's one of those things where when it's wrong it looks wrong, but when it's right you just stop noticing that it's even varying.

I picked up some shadow artifacting on the tires, possibly due to the Shader Lights Patch, I suppose as an open-wheeler it's pretty fine to disable that though.

Last edited:
Long time no screenshots ... ok that's a slight understatement it's been like 14 months :\

fgel8Fu.jpg

Finished off 1 of the 4 remaining materials that needed a UV unwrap (stainless is now 100%, other than some stuff that needs complicated mirror modifier shenanigans I'll do after the objects are fully UV'd), big inroads on another (the painted chassis) and just starting on the 3rd (nickel plating, rollbar's done and not a lot else which is why the suspension, mirrors etc are temporarily black)... if you hadn't noticed this model has a lot of moving metal parts

Taking full advantage of the new shader that'll come with the car so the stainless hardware's slightly blue and the brass hardware's ... brass. (see eg. shocks and most nuts in stainless, bolts holding everything together brass) It's one of those things where when it's wrong it looks wrong, but when it's right you just stop noticing that it's even varying.

I picked up some shadow artifacting on the tires, possibly due to the Shader Lights Patch, I suppose as an open-wheeler it's pretty fine to disable that though.
you're general PP filter looks rather bleak to me, which are you using?

Again congrats for taking modding a step further with bespoke shaders... could one of them be used to make something copper appear more like real copper? Like these rims?
1.jpg

I use the natural pp filter, I like it best out of the ones that come with the game. I figure it's best if my mods look right in that.

Yeah it works alright for copper, main obvious lack is it can't self-reflect which most wheels do pretty heavily. The E92 rims I posted a few pages back are what cosmis calls "hyper gold" I assume because it's much more reflective than real gold.

^^ This is my most eagerly anticipated release for AC! :inlove: So great to see you are still working on it :thumbsup: It looks fabulous already!

I second that. As a corner marshall I pulled a lot of these things out of haybales and tyre walls, as well as occasionally off the top of another. I love grassroots racing and I'm really excited for this!

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 425 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 266 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 126 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.4%
Back