The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Working on some 70's skins for the Carrera. I'll throw em in a pack as I finish them. The first one should be good to go in a day or two.
custom-showroom-1567115868.png

Screenshot-ks-porsche-911-carrera-rsr-ks-laguna-seca-27-8-119-21-39-55.jpg
Man, I was thinking of doing the Carrera. I've done 964 and more importantly 930 already, but it's an even older spec and I just couldn't find enough data, so it never really picked up. But I really should have.

Man, I was thinking of doing the Carrera. I've done 964 and more importantly 930 already, but it's an even older spec and I just couldn't find enough data, so it never really picked up. But I really should have.

This car always felt a bit bland and lacking in character. I have no idea how the real car drove although IMHO it doesnt handle like a rear engine, it feels more mid engine

Was there anything in particular you saw in the data that was available that was obviously wrong with the kunos version? Or is this just based on feeling? I have very little experience with anything more than a front wheel drive commuter hatch back so I can't trust my feeling at all.

If it's as 'wrong' as the RUF Yellowbird was, then please, try and find the time. Your modified physics are much more rewarding to drive than the original version (sorry Kunos :redface:)

Was there anything in particular you saw in the data that was available that was obviously wrong with the kunos version? Or is this just based on feeling? I have very little experience with anything more than a front wheel drive commuter hatch back so I can't trust my feeling at all.
Almost everything/everything important in the Yellowbird was off, so... We're talking like "10%+ more artificial rear grip" off. I have curves for camber and toe too, so I know those were off for sure. KS struts also commonly have incorrect SAI for whatever reason.

The Carrera looks slightly better, but I can tell just looking at it that the rear curves are wrong somewhat. Can almost bet the inertia's a bit off too. Otherwise I didn't dig deep enough.

Happy to test drive and share my, albeit limited, first hand experience in the 930 re driving characteristics. Doing the old Porsches right is just downright ugly, the Kunos ones (even newer ones) don't feel right at all. I tinkered with one of the Cup Cars a lot until I got it right but since I had to change practically everything and driving Porsches in AC isn't my sole activity I left it there.

Happy to test drive and share my, albeit limited, first hand experience in the 930 re driving characteristics. Doing the old Porsches right is just downright ugly, the Kunos ones (even newer ones) don't feel right at all. I tinkered with one of the Cup Cars a lot until I got it right but since I had to change practically everything and driving Porsches in AC isn't my sole activity I left it there.
You need to change the suspension entirely to start off. If you want, you can drive my Yellowbird, maybe on low boost, and give some thoughts via PM. :thumbsup:

Would be interesting to try your Yellowbird version. And also Kunos version with 90s tire. The classic Nordschleife video gives good idea about how it works. To me Yellowbird with those 90s tires just never felt right in AC, never really felt like in that classic video.

Overall the car is sorted, from what I know. Although people were complaining about brakes.

Perhaps I'll drive it again a little and see. I wanna take another look at some stuff which we have no data for. I want to update the tires a bit anyway.

Yeah the Yellowbird is great with your physics. Just those brakes...:laugh:
Would be nice if you tackled the Carrera some day.
Brakes are probably a mix of no one having a good enough pedal setup + no fade. Worst case scenario I'll weaken them a little.

I wanted to do it. I don't have time to do it unless I kill myself now. But I always find a way somehow...

To tell you the truth I don't feel like working on one more car for free at this time; but I don't wanna get paid either. :roflmao: So ideally I'd just do it at a better time, or figure out what I can cut...

Fiddling in blender 2.8 continues. The collections systems is very confusing if you have empties like wheel nulls on different collections. I can imagine for track making it is pretty good tho as you rarely need parenting for anything. Made them wheels. 4.6k tris :speechless:
2_wires.png
2_ren2.png

2_ren1.png
Got it into the game too. Cockpit gonna be super difficult with literally 0 pictures...
2_game.png 2_game2.png

Fiddling in blender 2.8 continues. The collections systems is very confusing if you have empties like wheel nulls on different collections. I can imagine for track making it is pretty good tho as you rarely need parenting for anything. Made them wheels. 4.6k tris :speechless:
View attachment 322205
View attachment 322202
View attachment 322201
Got it into the game too. Cockpit gonna be super difficult with literally 0 pictures...
View attachment 322203 View attachment 322204
you could ask them for pictures ya know.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Watch party

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 7.7%