The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Probably a bit late to post it here as it's basically done now, but I've been working on this beauty for the past year:
View attachment 495248
It's the 1927 Delage 15S8, World-Championship-winning car of 1927. It's completely scratch-made, and a lot of work has gone into it over the past year. I estimate I've put somewhere on the order of 800 hours into the car. Just a few minor tasks left to complete, I'm hoping to release it here in about a week. Here's an onboard video at Bremgarten:
Oh my lord! Are any more cars from this year of grand prix racing in the works? A single car from this era is great on its own but they're even better with contemporary rivals to race them against!

Talking about 20's GP cars, I've started making up some physics for @Nicecuppatea 's stuff.

It has nothing to do with him and I don't know if he would even appreciate me sending any his way, so it's for just for me right now to learn more about this era.

805_405.PNG

The tire is the most important part and it's quite challenging to estimate the behaviour with how strange the dimensions and how old the compound is. Telemetry from the era is also relatively limited. :rolleyes:

I tried it a few years ago and the result wasn't very satisfactory, but I think this time around everything makes more sense. You're generally inclined to put in some nonsensical unrealistic things to these cars because the parameters are so extreme in many areas that a discrepancy in one area will totally ruin the balance. For quite some time I couldn't get a realistic CG to work until I just figured out that I'm putting in modern load sensitivity and should probably try different slopes especially on the DX side. In that way, making very divergent cars like this informs potential tire behaviour realities.

Talking about 20's GP cars, I've started making up some physics for @Nicecuppatea 's stuff.

It has nothing to do with him and I don't know if he would even appreciate me sending any his way, so it's for just for me right now to learn more about this era.

Short of a couple of minor updates I'm hoping to move on to something new now, but if you get to a point where you want to release something I wouldn't object to an alternate physics mod for people to download.

Short of a couple of minor updates I'm hoping to move on to something new now, but if you get to a point where you want to release something I wouldn't object to an alternate physics mod for people to download.
You've done a ton already; is it the whole 23 season? :D

Perhaps I will do that, thanks for the permission. It drives quite nicely now and I did my best to make the mechanical aspects make sense (We can't really do friction dampers nor front solid axles properly so you need to compromise) but I'm sure there will be people who still prefer the original, so it's a good option to have.

I will probably want to include Cphys onto it too (Right now the car is vanilla!) and some users probably would not appreciate the CSP-reliance, for whatever reason.

Oh my lord! Are any more cars from this year of grand prix racing in the works? A single car from this era is great on its own but they're even better with contemporary rivals to race them against!
Nothing in the works as of right now, though I have been eyeing the 1927 Talbot-Darracq 700 as a possible follow-up car project:
f138dce3d27cd54d9686bcf9c6191c39-700.jpg

I've been getting more interested in building a track next though, so it would probably be awhile before I started on any other cars.

Dirab park track WIP
most of it done
just need some more props and details

Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_mtn_dirab_park_15-7-121-11-29-49.jpg

Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_mtn_dirab_park_15-7-121-11-30-32.jpg

Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_mtn_dirab_park_15-7-121-11-32-15.jpg

Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_mtn_dirab_park_15-7-121-11-37-13.jpg

Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_mtn_dirab_park_15-7-121-11-41-59.jpg

Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_mtn_dirab_park_15-7-121-12-8-29.jpg

Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_mtn_dirab_park_15-7-121-12-14-20.jpg

the skid pad have multiple textures in the skin file with over 5 layouts and way more at release
most repeated objects have multiple lods
still haven't done the drag strip light
for the go kart track, I need to remodel it to match the new renovation
but I feel like there is something missing and I can't figure it out
do you guys have some ideas for props to throw around the track?

Last edited:
Looking good, but.. I think a github config has had those spinning for quite a while, along with the fans in the tunnel.
:)
Also includes GrassFX (but no RainFX or lights).
Your updates look fantastic, BTW. This has been one of my favourite fictional tracks ever since it was released.
Yeah I know I saw. ;)
Right now there is an automatic download from CSP of a config file that does Lights and Grass.
But it's very basic (no offense to people who've done it :thumbsup:).

My light setting will include way more stuff plus an artistic "flair" to it with not just lights, but several material adjustment and the inside of the building modelized and lighted through the windows. That and grass setting will be a little better plus will include weekly grow on the trackside and yearly grow around the track.
My setting also support Ilja's seasonal change (it is adjusted no worries, the track will not turn all white in winter), a complete rain fx setting, and embedded animation of the wind turbine.
I'm trying to support the most feature of CSP. My config file will have a instruction to override any other files automatically downloaded by CSP and I will try to have the old one removed from CSP server.

That and some other track improvement (but a little... )
It will be a very nice update anyway especially for people who have access to rain fx.
Screenshot_tmm_cupra_tcr_2020_toscana_17-7-121-0-41-4.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 526 68.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 326 42.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 346 45.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 170 22.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 205 26.8%
Back