The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Lord help me with all the annoying bits that still need to be made.

1628297018574.png

Yes loads of community helped along the way over the past 2 years with practically millions of settings to all the tracks and cars * textures, also don’t forget SOL that revolutionised AC also

SOL is just the use of CSP's framework and in a lot of ways is actually worse than the default CSP weather...
Yes I always understood that was the case with SOL utilising CSP, What makes AC so good is not just 1 single thing maybe I should have said, several hundred people over years helped make CSP what it is + the other 100,s 1000,s of awesome apps and mods what make AC so attractive, track configs there is 100,s of scripts on some tracks with 1000,s of lines of code, staggering amount of work from everyone involved, but it clearly isn’t 1/2 people alone

FWIW Peter has started working on an actually somewhat correct system after I and others bitched at him for a good part of a few years probably by now. Sol goes to the trashbin.
I only use CSP for taking screenshots here or there atm so only use SOL partly when I drive, with default AC I get around 330fps with Fidelity FX turned off with SOL I get around 110/115fps with this Fidelity settings I get around 230/235 which is just under my G9 fefresh rates 240hz but I always use Gsync and with CSP with this fidelity settings on or off to me feels like Gsync is disabled so prefer the frame rate stability and less crashes just using AC+SOL filters which to me looks fabulous

Last edited:
this new-gen SOL should be good..

union_fs_12b.jpg

20210808-233302-union_island-bo_singer-accum.jpg

union_fs_09c.jpg

20210808-232911-union_island-bo_singer-accum.jpg

union_fs_11.jpg

20210808-233157-union_island-bo_singer-accum.jpg

ok i lied. Those are 3D renders made with fStorm renderer... But please pls pls SOL 3.0, could you improve sunset/sunrise :inlove:
union_fs_14b.jpg

/* -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- */

in more serious news
the missing piece of the island is getting there!
Welcome to Clifton:
20210808-230916-union_island-bo_singer-accum.jpg
20210808-212335-union_island-bo_singer-accum.jpg

and less serious, weekend has been proficient
20210806-205415-union_island-subaru_impreza_wrx_2002_s1.jpg 20210808-212621-union_island-bo_singer-accum.jpg

</spamming>

Last edited:
I dedicated some time to see how to create a terrain for a track, which is a new completely territory for me in 3d modeling.

I tried to recreate the Nashville Street circuit (only the zone of the city). It's not the completely final result of what I would do.

1628525408590.png

Onboard video of the track sector:

I also did the two kinds of metal fences. The iron bar is just a decorate thing that I allowed myself. For a better perfomance and to minimize the verts in the final product I would include the details of the fences in the grid metal texture.

1628525589608.png

I love this track for their bumps and I would have liked to do this track, but I don't have the time for it. However, if there is someone (or if you know someone, PM me) willing to do this track, I can help in the 3d modeling part (buildings, traffic lights, fences, etc...)

Last edited:
first i was like "damn, i want that pp filter" :p

ok i lied. Those are 3D renders made with fStorm renderer... But please pls pls SOL 3.0, could you improve sunset/sunrise :inlove:
Gotta take a look at fStorm sometime...
are those sky backgrounds and atmosphere the default fStorm ones? is it like Vue, can it render 360 degree sky gradients of full 24hr cycle?

Last edited:
Probably a bit late to post it here as it's basically done now, but I've been working on this beauty for the past year:
__custom_showroom_1628518305.jpg

It's the 1927 Delage 15S8, World-Championship-winning car of 1927. It's completely scratch-made, and a lot of work has gone into it over the past year. I estimate I've put somewhere on the order of 800 hours into the car. Just a few minor tasks left to complete, I'm hoping to release it here in about a week. Here's an onboard video at Bremgarten:

I've made just layout and some elevations (like the city zone or the bridge) and they are the most accurate as possible with LiDAR data (This is, not bumps and not 100% accurate elevations, but very looking to what is it in real life). This is just a track for those who want to give some laps to the circuit after Indycar stepped on last weekend. It's the first track I ever made and that's why it could be full of glitches. If I'd have the time I'd like to enter in this world of track modelling.

Thus, it's not a top hiper mega quality track, neither is a good track, but just a concept track (no buildings, just walls and road). I encourage that if someone is doing this track for Assetto, continue with the work please.

In the other hand, I don't know when and where upload this, maybe in few hours, tomorrow... or never
1628849295839.png

1628849306963.png

1628851249732.png

Onboard of the track:

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%