The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Still busy with Pescara 1957, a couple more screenies from Max of the village Cappelle Sul Tavo along the route. A million and one things to do still, (road and terrain not mapped, trackside objects etc), but glad to be making progress with the buildings.
There are thousands currently along the route, in 1957 there was a fraction of that. What I'm planning to do is make the 'iconic' old (obviously there pre-1957) buildings individually in Cappelle Sul Tavo, Spoltore and Pescara itself by the train station/start finish, and match windows/balconies etc.
For the rest, along the two 5KM straights I will create a library of lookalike buildings with different numbers of floors/windows that I can scale accordingly and swap colours etc.
Should speed up the process a great deal :)

View attachment 559670

View attachment 559671
i'm in love, that track seems to be very fun to drive and beatiful to see

Last edited:
Still busy with Pescara 1957, a couple more screenies from Max of the village Cappelle Sul Tavo along the route. A million and one things to do still, (road and terrain not mapped, trackside objects etc), but glad to be making progress with the buildings.
There are thousands currently along the route, in 1957 there was a fraction of that. What I'm planning to do is make the 'iconic' old (obviously there pre-1957) buildings individually in Cappelle Sul Tavo, Spoltore and Pescara itself by the train station/start finish, and match windows/balconies etc.
For the rest, along the two 5KM straights I will create a library of lookalike buildings with different numbers of floors/windows that I can scale accordingly and swap colours etc.
Should speed up the process a great deal :)

View attachment 559670

View attachment 559671

If you manage to get this close to the quality of your excellent Napoli track then it will be incredible, thanks for the update.

I always think with recreations like this "if no-one else can prove you wrong then that's definitely accurate enough... and if they can then great news, you have new sources!" so your approach with buildings sounds spot on IMO.

LuUsXHU.jpg

3 of the factory options: green, turquoise, blue.

I think I miscounted before, there are 16 factory two-tone options. This is those plus all-black and all-white. Dunno how many of the single colours I'll include. Unclear at this time why red/white and red/cream were both options.
SZdrPsu.jpg

Last edited:
LuUsXHU.jpg

3 of the factory options: green, turquoise, blue.

I think I miscounted before, there are 16 factory two-tone options. This is those plus all-black and all-white. Dunno how many of the single colours I'll include. Unclear at this time why red/white and red/cream were both options.
SZdrPsu.jpg
it's safe guys, 1st of april is behind us.
Stereo isn't messing around anymore

what engines were there / will you make ?

what engines were there / will you make ?
That reminds me, where can I get the opposite of aggressive v8 soundbank? The top of the line is a ~150hp 4L v8 with 2 quad carburetors and 9:1 compression. I'll probably do the regular option that has 10 less horsepower cause of lower compression & single 4bbl.

Continuing with the same thing cause I was happy with how the Bel Air went. Another car with no interior at all. The purpose being a variety of traffic for the LA Canyons, so you can drive a 59 Corvette or what-have-you around and see what you might have seen when it was new. So, cutoff date model year 1960. Largely American, largely not sportscars or racecars. Nice enough you can go past them doing 30-40km/h faster and not look weird but not get too nitpicky. Ideally with the factory paint options, but I'm not sure CSP's ai randomizer will do that correctly on these two-tones.

vTOCnL3.jpg

Chevrolet's finished, and in the meantime I figured out why it was a reasonable size... at the time GM's market segmentation meant Chevy sold "small" cars (115" wheelbase) and the upscale Pontiac/Buick/Oldsmobile sold "large". The plan is still to do one each GM Chrysler Ford (2 door, 4 door, wagon) and release them together, so #2 is a 1959 Dodge Coronet 4 door. Angry eyebrows and a 122" wheelbase coming up.

(and yes I copy pasted from the first Bel Air post... that's efficient)

Last edited:
That reminds me, where can I get the opposite of aggressive v8 soundbank? The top of the line is a ~150hp 4L v8 with 2 quad carburetors and 9:1 compression. I'll probably do the regular option that has 10 less horsepower cause of lower compression & single 4bbl.
Unfortunately, most of, if not all the V8 soundmods on RaceDepartment at the moment aren't the kind of "lazy" V8 note you're looking for. You'll probably need to get the help of a sound-modder to compile a soundbank, as well as a varied collection of interior & exterior sound samples as source material.

The great Tatra 603 mod by Trained Monkey Modding, it has decent custom sound. It may not be lazy but it has a more relaxed V8 note compared american V8's of the time.

Last edited:
__custom_showroom_1650705336.jpg

Slowly bringing skins from the rFactor1 skin pack of the New Zealand Porsche GT3s from 2008/9 over to AC using Kunos Porsche Cup car. Alot more work than I originally planned.
I've found in the past year or so, that game skins work real well as a base to create artwork for decals for my diecast models and now slot cars. While working on the artwork for decals, I thought I may as well put them into AC as well. Haven't been able to find any full series of NZ cars, but have found Aussie stuff, so thought I'd have a crack at this. Pity my wheel is still packed away, but at least I can look at them hahaha.

If anyone could tell me how to have more than one row of cars in a showroom, it'd be helpful, I'm almost half way through the pack.

Last edited:
View attachment 561124

Slowly bringing skins from the rFactor1 skin pack of the New Zealand Porsche GT3s from 2008/9 over to AC using Kunos Porsche Cup car. Alot more work than I originally planned.
I've found in the past year or so, that game skins work real well as a base to create artwork for decals for my diecast models and now slot cars. While working on the artwork for decals, I thought I may as well put them into AC as well. Haven't been able to find any full series of NZ cars, but have found Aussie stuff, so thought I'd have a crack at this. Pity my wheel is still packed away, but at least I can look at them hahaha.

If anyone could tell me how to have more than one row of cars in a showroom, it'd be helpful, I'm almost half way through the pack.

Press 'T' and you'll get a position marker which you can use to change position, rotation etc.

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 245 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 164 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house