The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

1jenWq9.jpg

Doing some rather hard-core aerodynamics testing with this thing.

At least I'm nearly at the goal!

Last edited:
I don't know how often to post updates, it's kind of an ongoing string of "just one more thing" and then it's practically done...

zgC2168.jpg

Small terminology problem though, Dodge sold 3 models:
Coronet
Coronet Royal
Coronet Custom Royal
and while this is definitely the base Coronet, I'm not sure if the two-tone paint jobs were sold on Coronets or only added for the Royal. I've only found the set of 1959 paint chips, unlike the Bel Air where the chart of paint options across 150/210/Bel Air body styles was just online.

Last edited:
Makes the Bel Air look downright plain. Even though that's the top trim option and this is base (the Royal package adds more chrome...)
BMK3MP1.jpg

KkCO1EQ.jpg

3 years difference. Pastel pink also came into style, apparently.

All that's left to model is the side Coronet script badges and license plates, silhouette interior, then the usual baking/painting process.

Last edited:
Makes the Bel Air look downright plain. Even though that's the top trim option and this is base (the Royal package adds more chrome...)
BMK3MP1.jpg

KkCO1EQ.jpg

3 years difference. Pastel pink also came into style, apparently.

All that's left to model is the side Coronet script badges and license plates, silhouette interior, then the usual baking/painting process.

Idle thought; assuming you're making LODs for this group of vehicles, would you be open to someone nabbing LOD models from each car in the pack, altering the UVs so all cars are on one atlas, and using as a pack for trackside vehicles on historic circuits?

... Asking for a friend. :ninja:

I'm actually trying to convert my GTA SA skin mod to a driver model in AC, but unfortunately it looks problematic in AC, I mean, look at the screenshot btw :'(

In GTA SA :

Zj36pAh.jpg

TITBBl5.jpg

After I tried to convert it to AC :

3JBazPI.png

gDa3GPo.png

jtXtuwy.png

I'm actually trying to convert my GTA SA skin mod to a driver model in AC, but unfortunately it looks problematic in AC, I mean, look at the screenshot btw :'(

I'm not sure how you went about converting it but did you set the shaders in KsEditor? You need to increase ambient value and decrease the specular value to 0

edit: oh **** I've just seen the arms as well :D - did you try to animate them or just chuck them straight in?

Last edited:
I'm not sure how you went about converting it but did you set the shaders in KsEditor? You need to increase ambient value and decrease the specular value to 0

edit: oh **** I've just seen the arms as well :D - did you try to animate them or just chuck them straight in?
I don't animate them btw, I just literally attach the edited 3D body to the driver body (without editing the envelope of course).

and I export it to FBX (2015-2016 version) but I use 3DS Max 2021 for the tools.

because I don't know how to animate it.

Idle thought; assuming you're making LODs for this group of vehicles, would you be open to someone nabbing LOD models from each car in the pack, altering the UVs so all cars are on one atlas, and using as a pack for trackside vehicles on historic circuits?
I think last time someone asked we figured out that car LODs don't make good trackside objects, it's necessary to build a new model and bake all the material properties into it. Since for example my 1000 poly LOD has 3 materials, paint A, paint B, and black. So all the chrome is black, wheels/tires are black, etc. I'm fine with passing along source files to do that although I don't actually set up any of the materials in Blender for anything other than AO bakes so you might get a more prepared model by importing it.

Last edited:
I don't animate them btw, I just literally attach the edited 3D body to the driver body (without editing the envelope of course).

and I export it to FBX (2015-2016 version) but I use 3DS Max 2021 for the tools.

because I don't know how to animate it.

Aite well it looks like the arms are a separate object so you need to align the origin points correctly in 3dsMax to at least have them not poking through the windscreen
And then you need to run the FBX through KsEditor and change the shader values to get the colours right

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 245 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 164 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 24 2.8%