The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Continuing with the same thing. Another car with no interior at all. The purpose being a variety of traffic for the LA Canyons, so you can drive a 59 Corvette or what-have-you around and see what you might have seen when it was new. So, cutoff date model year 1960. Largely American, largely not sportscars or racecars. Nice enough you can go past them doing 30-40km/h faster and not look weird but not get too nitpicky. Ideally with the factory paint options, but I'm not sure CSP's ai randomizer will do that correctly on these two-tones.

aHFQAW4.jpg

Chevrolet Bel Air 2 door and Dodge Coronet 4 door are finished. Third in line is a 1957 Mercury Commuter 4 door wagon. I took a few days break from modeling and then had kind of a slow start. The temptation to keep looking closer and adding more detail is real.

1957 is the first year of quad headlights and apparently Mercury made it an option partway through the year while using the same fender stampings, so it's got some kinda janky trim to tie it all together. Not the only company to bodge it on, there are some really ugly Packards that have even more of a "two small circles overlapping a big circle" design.

Last edited:
Finally finished off all of the main body details so I've now unwrapped it and baked the AO and MAPS textures. Also completely redid the inner tail lights yesterday.

View attachment 558827View attachment 558829View attachment 558830View attachment 558831View attachment 558833

[EDIT] Jason and Arch have done an incredible job with the physics on this thing. It is so, so, so great to drive. Can't wait to share it with you all!
Excellent work man and all invloved.

hello all, im mexes i just place a link in gtplanet with the Nissan leaf nismo rc, if someone want to check.

some parts are missing, but i will put them online in a few days, if someone want to place the car in game. cheers

I'm looking forward to this one...

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 243 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 162 18.7%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house