The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Can you confirm that this is only available on RD with a Premium membership?
i'm premium i think, and can't access it either.
So not sure what's going on

Base Terrain in Place.. Location, Vagamon, Kerala.-12km
looking like a solid base !

Don't forget about corner banking, as well as small height variation here and there (asymetrical if possible) to make the road surface more lively and less like a pure pool table, that needs to come in early in the process of making the terrain/road or it will get messier later on.
(pro tip from someone who only made 1 road :p)

Don't forget about corner banking, as well as small height variation here and there (asymetrical if possible) to make the road surface more lively and less like a pure pool table, that needs to come in early in the process of making the terrain/road or it will get messier later on.
(pro tip from someone who only made 1

(pro tip from someone who only made 1 road :p)
Hey, hi, Love the work you have done on your track,.. :)..

Thank you for your feedback. The corners have been banked ranging from 1 deg to 3 deg and also widened. .. also road surface has a composite camber, according to hill road standards for local conditions here.

The physical mesh is a seperate mesh, which is still editable,...the terrain is independant of the carriage and shoulder.. so it should hopefully stay gud even for editing later on... Have plans to add a couple more roads to the maps well...

I have added one layer of surface undulations to the whole track.,, its actually quite bumby,, the car on the run is bmw m235i( which is running quite smooth).
I did testing with other cars too... gt cars are way too bumby.. road cars feel more or less quite ok,, super cars can also get quite bumby..
new to modding, so still comparing it with other tracks... to strike a good balance... right now i would say its maybe 30% more bumpy than Kunos highlands .. Also i use a VR headset , so its maybe more accentuated..

Last edited:
Screenshot_ferrari_312b_ks_monza66.jpg
Making some slow progress with the Ferrari 312B. Managed to get the DIR_ constraints to work decently on most of the suspension parts, after alot of struggle. I get more and more impressed by the professional modders and creators. Everything is so time consuming to learn! :O_o:

A question: Is it possible to get the steering arms to move naturally without using animations? Atm I just have them moving on the z-axis with the suspension. But is it possible to make them move on the x-axis as well using constraints only? :) I know there's an explanation in the pipeline pdf but I'm to stupid to understand it. I might need an example fbx file to get it.
312_steer.jpg

/Emil

Steering arms need the hub to be their parent, and point at the chassis.
Thank you for your answer! Oddly enough, the steering arms diden't move at all when I made them children to hub_. It worked when I made susp_ the parent of the steering arms and the DIR_ outside any hierarchy. Anyway they move fine now :thumbsup:

Next problem: Is it possible to make the inner steering arms (steering rack) to move just on the x-axis without rotating and moving up and down with the suspension? :)

Almost done with liveries I wanted to do on Stereo's Yenko Corvair. :)
This will be more about Corvair's saved from the junkyard than Yenko's
actually, as I found five Corvair attending 24h Lemons race series.
I thought these one-day quirky beauties deserved a longer life!

pic what are you 1200x476-min.jpg

It was very interesting for me to learn doing worned, scratched
exteriors, unexpected & inspiring paint job!

Release page will be set in a few days with more cool links, insights
and videos.
EDIT: Release page ready !

Last edited:
Here's the current state of my adaptation (not recreation) of the Oregon Raceway Park, which I'll probably fictionalize as the "Grass Valley Race Park". I stayed very faithful to the ORP's basic track layout, then gussied it up with more generous runoffs and additional curbing. The fencing, facilities, and general appearance of the place are purely imaginary on my part, just using stuff from freely available Xpacks, sometimes with tweaks to the textures. About 80% done with this -- need to add billboards, some texturing, AI lines, cameras, and then test a full weekend with bots.

I have a lot of learning ahead of me, but I'm pleased with the results so far -- I mean, it looks pretty much like Oregon in the summertime, and it's an interesting course, good for the small-engine cars I tend to race.

grass-valley-race-park.jpg

grass-valley-race-park-02.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 56 28.9%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 37 19.1%
  • Watch party