The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Yeah, it can. With the CM custom showroom you can select mesh parts, then a texture and calculate AO from there.
Sadly you have to do a bunch of tampering before you can make it look nice and not have any artifacting that being said for simple geometry cars its wonderful. If for example you dont like the AO for kunos cars then its a nice replacement

For some reason CM's generator makes does Gun AO outstandingly which is hilarious.

hmm, something is still not right here, as if the rotation is ignored. This is the resulting fbx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kv6s7qiivc3kxym/collider.fbx?dl=0

maybe its because this blend file is based upont a ~10 year old blend file? Its the Raceabout car, some of the mesh is also acting weird, as if it has Normal/Edge split setting "burned in" that I can't change. Rest of the car is fine, including those animated doors that prompted this whole project.

Fbx seems normal. Does your collider have same origin as car itself?

Set myself a little challenge - make a mod in just 1 weekend.

Maybe I'm cheating a little considering its a long weekend (thursday-monday), plus I started last night, but work will stop on Monday at the latest, after that it gets released, whatever state it may be in!

I won't spoil the fun and say what it is, though I will say its not fictional, but it is something of a "RayDarcy novelty special" :rolleyes::p Its very fun, very silly, and I'm committing to not spend too much time on it (hence making this post to force me to down tools by Monday night!).

Obviously it won't be the most polished piece of content out there, but I'm really curious to see what can be done in just a few days, both model and physics (SFX will be borrowed though).

Here's a front wheel :cool:

nfqgOezh.jpg

MrhDBBoh.jpg

Ahah that's awesome!! I love the explanation :D
Good luck on this short and intense journey, it's an open wheeler mystery... i can't recognize the rims! I could think of a racing lawn mower...

Such an ambitious and interesting project! Will there be any updates on this car or only this and then all of a sudden a release?

I'm secretly hoping for a 60's or 70's open wheeler.

I won't spoil the fun and say what it is, though I will say its not fictional, but it is something of a "RayDarcy novelty special" :rolleyes:

Gary, your work is outstanding.If only I could convince you to direct your talent into something of substance. I have nothing but admiration for the skill and attention to detail you have.

Ahah that's awesome!! I love the explanation :D
Good luck on this short and intense journey, it's an open wheeler mystery... i can't recognize the rims! I could think of a racing lawn mower...
Haha good call, that's definitely a lawnmower hub. But they don't usually run slicks, that threw me off.

As much as I love the Ford Focus and the Transit van, the 1976 six-wheeled Tyrell
18n9u4f4cf8xxjpg.jpg

or Ari Vatenen's Peugeot 405 Turbo-16 would be just as good!
1988_Peugeot_405T16GRPikesPeak-0-1536.jpg

I wanted to reply to gary's post too, hoping it was that Tyrell. But as much as I would like that car ingame, Assetto Corsa doesn't support more than 4 wheels in it's current state. As soon as they do support more than 4 wheels, I'm quite sure someone will make the Tyrell.

As much as I love the Ford Focus and the Transit van, the 1976 six-wheeled Tyrell
18n9u4f4cf8xxjpg.jpg

or Ari Vatenen's Peugeot 405 Turbo-16 would be just as good!
1988_Peugeot_405T16GRPikesPeak-0-1536.jpg
Can't do 6-wheelers in AC with any degree of realism. 2 of the 6 wheels would either be static or constantly rotating, and physics wise they would just not exist.

Also I have no idea what about those two cars are better than the ones I've chosen. Some might prefer them, others might not.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again, no one else's opinion of what is 'substance' or not makes any difference whatsoever to me. The substance comes from whether I'm enjoying myself or not, not the level of popularity.

If I was one day lucky enough to charge money of my creations, then yes, the users opinion is very important. Perhaps I'm just selfish, but I do this to satisfy myself, not others. The whole point of these is to be a fun hobby. By removing the enjoyment, whats the point?

I really thought this had been made clear a while ago, evidently not.

Anyone got any idea with this SKINNED MESH ,
In 3DS Max ,
Its not my normal asking for info , But rather not waste another 3hrs trying to get it to load in the SDK in a wrong position lol

I have SKINNED my rear Spring using 2 dummy ,
It works totally fine , the animations are totally fine ,
But its loading the spring at 0,0,0

d2b115b09f1825cfcd9d525fded93a80.gif

dc85a71251290fe4b40489a60bcee44b.png

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 485 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 298 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 321 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 149 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 191 27.2%
Back