Thrustmaster TS-PC - worthwhile upgrader over T300?

I'm getting an itch to upgrade and have seen a TS-PC base for a reasonable price. Is it a big difference in feel or are you just able to run stronger levels without clipping? Thanks.

Mostly I just notice it is a lot stronger so I can run it much stronger and that ends up being easier. I found with the T300 if I ran it strong enough to feel OK it would clip and overheat quite a lot. The TS-PC base is definitely better and I correct slides better with it than the T300 but its also not really a jump in much else other than strength.

Upvote 0
I did exactly the upgrade you're contemplating before I bought my Podium DD1. The TS-PC is quieter and a bit stronger, but the FF fidelity isn't really any better. If I could do it again, I'd buy a Fanatec CS 2.5 instead, that would be a much bigger step up.

Upvote 0
On reflection, I think you're right: now that I have a DD1, I realise that the TC-PC was a waste of time really :) I should have gone directly to a DD wheel.
Wow! I recently swapped from a TX to a TS-PC for basically no cost and have been pleasantly surprised by just how much better the TS-PC performs.

As noted above, catching slides is much, much easier now -- in fact, I haven't spun- out even once since I made the swap -- and I've lowered several personal best lap times by as much as a half-second, in a few instances, within just the first or second lap of using the new-to-me wheel.

If a direct-drive wheel performs that much better still, I may have to consider one down the road, even though I am very happy -- for now, anyway! -- with the TS-PC wheel.

Upvote 0
On reflection, I think you're right: now that I have a DD1, I realise that the TC-PC was a waste of time really :) I should have gone directly to a DD wheel.
About a year ago I was also on the verge to upgrade my TM TX with a TS-PC, as my TX (which I had bought used years ago) started to show issues with the motor.

But after some reading I came to the conclusion, this would not be a "real" upgrade worth the invest, and by coincidence I found Sim-plicity.
As I had a custom rim before, all I needed was a new base, and some weeks later (I pre-ordered to save some money) I was a happy owner of a SW8C+ for only 644€ including shipping to Germany.

(Also I fixed the TX with a replacement motor and sold it for a reasonable price on eBay)

Upvote 0
Wow! I recently swapped from a TX to a TS-PC for basically no cost and have been pleasantly surprised by just how much better the TS-PC performs.

As noted above, catching slides is much, much easier now -- in fact, I haven't spun- out even once since I made the swap -- and I've lowered several personal best lap times by as much as a half-second, in a few instances, within just the first or second lap of using the new-to-me wheel.

If a direct-drive wheel performs that much better still, I may have to consider one down the road, even though I am very happy -- for now, anyway! -- with the TS-PC wheel.
Don't get me wrong, I was really happy with my TS-PC, until I bought the DD1 and realised what I'd been missing. But I still stand by my recommendation to buy a Fanatec CS 2.5 instead of a TS-PC, when you want an interim solution on the way to a DD wheel.
When I think of all the money I've blown upgrading this and that, I have to sit down and have a little cry :)
Of course you can sell old hardware easily, but you always lose money, you can never get back what you paid new.
But like they say here in Germany " the money isn't gone, it's just that someone else has it now" :)

Upvote 0
I was in the same position last year, my T300 was starting to show its age and giving me problems... In June every single wheel base was more or less out of stock! I was about to get a TS-PC but felt sooner or later I would want an another upgrade... Then the CSW 2.5 went back in stock! The base itself was already a bit more than the TS-PC with rim. I finally went with the CSW: huge step over the T300! All metal built, doesn't feel like a toy anymore (never tried the TS-PC but think it is still mostly plastic), very smooth, lots more details in the ffb, way stronger at the same time.
DD1 is 3 times the price of the CSW (considering bases only) so I didn't make the last step, and I don't regret it so far! Maybe one day I'll go DD but for the moment really happy, and understand why the CSW is considered the best belt-driven wheel.

Upvote 0
I did this upgrade, and I would say yes. It's absolutely a good step up and has no overheating issues like the T300 so the FFB doesn't just drop off after like 30 mins. I would say it's quite a bit more responsive too but that might just be down to increased torque.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 53 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%