AC Tin Top Thursday- Stock Cars at Daytona on Thursday May 30th.

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Shed 17

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Screenshot_dj_top_car_toyota_camry_daytona_2017_6-4-124-20-7-16.jpg

It’s tin-top time and the Top Cars from Daniel Jimenez on the Daytona Road course.

With qualifying and TWO races all completed in approximately 60 minutes all in, you still have time to have a race with like minded people and do other things with your day too! There will be an open practice server running the week leading up to the race day and 60 minutes official practice prior to qualifying.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities amongst a friendly community, without the intensity and stress of longer races, plus the chance to get it right in race two!

The car download pack has a choice of six manufacturers, Chevrolet, Fiat, Ford, Mercedes, Mitsubishi and Toyota. But there is no need to test them all because they are all basically the same underneath, loosely based on the South American Stock Car series with the same V8 engines and chassis, just with different bodies and cosmetic differences.

205B.tmp.png

Daytona - RacingCircuits.info

Click here. using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information
  • Server: Overtake Server 5-
  • Password: standard weekday password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 21:00 CET, 20:00 BST) | 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:15 CET, 20:15 BST | 10 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20.30 BST | 20 minutes - Race 1
  • 21.50 CET, 20.50 BST | 20 minutes -Race 2 (Reverse grid top7)
  • Practice server available during the week. Usual weekday password. if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
Event details and links:
  • Car: Top Car | Overtake
  • Track: Daytona Road course
  • Pit stop: Optional
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 20 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule. Penalties are enabled, 2 on screen warnings then a drive through penalty, failure to complete penalty will get you kicked off the server. Warning notices appear as you crossing start/finish when you have cut the track and your lap time was faster than your average lap time. So if you cut the track and gain an advantage, slow down!
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Useful Links:
Entry list:
See you on track!

No worries John, I haven't posted Monaco as yet, need to get Imola
Hi Paul, how come we can use Reboot for Monaco but we cant for Daytona?
have we really got to use that old track from 2017. I binned that one ages ago.
Just thought i would have my usual moan about ovetake RD weird rules on usage
but it does not help with the driver numbers probably

Hi Steve,

Reboot Monaco???? The one were are using on Thursday is by Rainmaker.

Morning Paul, my point was about the Daytona track to be used for the tin tops. Colin and Han have used the reboot track for Monaco and i wondered if we could use the reboot version for Daytona?

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 165 66.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 110 44.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 117 47.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 43 17.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 69 27.9%
Back