Track Designing Competition

Any track that is fast and flowing with a tonne of elevation change is like Zandvoort, yours is less like Zandvoort than Mosport in its current form in my opinion.

https://www.gmap-pedometer.com/m/?r=6982927&rf=1
This is my go, a very twisty track(track runs clockwise, pitlane on other side of old main straight) The lap starts with a corner similar to sochi turn 1, leading on to one of the main streights of the track, plummeting downhill with overtaking openertunities created into the tight t2 hairpin. The Bahrain style hairpin of t3 and 4 follows, climbing up the gears as you approach the 'esses', carrying as much speed as possible. The last of the eases leads into the long turn 8 and 9, a double apex corner. Drivers then accelerate to the wide chicane style turn 10 and 11 leading into another longer hairpin. A high speed chicane follows into the circuits tightest corner, turn 15, a two part right hander that drivers must exit fast to get an opportunity to overtake before two of the best corners on the track- turn 16 and 17, the former a high speed right that leads into a multi apex left alike to instanbul turn 8. A section that would be converted into a stadium section follows, medium speed corners of 18,19 and 20. The lap concludes with another supreme corner, rising up the long turn 22, finding the right line for the turn 23 hairpin.

Last edited:
My entry- https://www.gmap-pedometer.com/m/?r=6984635&rf=1
The lap starts with a gentle kink, leading in to a tight, actually two part corner, approached blind and similar in width to corners in Baku end of sector 2. A 90 degree right follows. Another tighter kink follows. This leads onto a two part corner, a fast right hander, that leads into a very slow hairpin. A chicane follows, which sets up a section of small kinks, that are taken at full throttle, challenging the driver with the width of the track being quite narrow at this section. A 100 degree left is next, drivers must get a good exit to set up overtaking opportunities on the circuits largest streight. The track is wide into the next lefthander- this is the best overtaking point. Accelerating up the lefthander, drivers must brake for the next chicane that is faster on the exit, accelerating out of the main part of the city and turn left, leading into a fast right. After a 90 left drivers attack a faster chicane that leads into the pit streight.

@Jimlaad43 Wins!
Looks like it would be great to drive, but not lacking spots for passing. You have kept it short and tight in the places where it doesn't need to be wide, i like that. Only problem in my eyes is the hairpin right after the one mile mark, i think it could have been removed because it would kinda slow a tight, fast and fun looking section and makes it into a bus stop

@Jolero02 I loved parts of it loathed other parts of it, I don't like the section in the 2nd to 3rd miles, it seems like a 90° fest. The rest of the lap is great, the only problem being the chicane at An der Hauptwache, you could have straight lined it a bit more to keep the speed up a bit.

@rubaru I liked the look of it for a racing point of view, but, from a driving and having fun point of view, not so much. It is a bit start stop, something that you criticised me for doing a couple of weeks ago. I feel like you could have cut off the section up at the top, around the 4 mile mark. It looks to me like you have taken what could be an exiting braking zone, hence a exiting corner but then added a tumour, ruining it. I am not saying it is a bad section, to me it just looks like there is a better alternative. I liked the first corner and the corners in between the second and third miles though.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 51 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 33 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%