Track Designing Competition

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6413096

Baku Grand Prix Circuit is a fast-flowing street circuit in the eastern Baku area. Start/finish line and the pits are located on the Zigh Highway from where the drivers head to the technical part at the seafront across industrial area. From there the track rejoins the Zigh Highway at turn 11 before making a loop in a former park. The third sector, known as Park Section, has basically only four corners plus a chicane to the main straight but the long and tightening corners make this sector the most crucial for a good lap time.

I am going to withdraw my old entry, and enter this: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6413501

Start finish line is where the route starts and it is run counter clock wise. Entry to the pits is off of the final turn (off the roundabout) and runs along the E119 highway thing until turn 1 where it rejoins the track after the quick first turn. I thought my old entry was unrealistic, plus I liked the quick portion of the current GT course. I could not stand those chicanes on the current course, so I took them out and implemented other roads to make it more technical.

Realised that it looks bad with those sharp lines, so I made them rounder (see post edit)

Track is also ran counter-clockwise

• Deleted member 161052

DELETE

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, which city should I take?

Oh great thanks aha :D

I think I've thought of a good scenario, you'll have to tell me if it's a little too challenging though.

With Azerbaijan preparing to host it's first GP in 2016 you have been tasked with developing the preliminary track layout of the street circuit in the capital Baku after Hermann Tilke disappears in mysterious circumstances. The only restriction you have is that the track must run along the seafront at some point around the lap.

For this scenario seafront can be defined as being able to see the sea whilst standing on the track. Also don't feel restricted to the already existing roads, be creative! :thumbsup:

Deadline will have be 8 days (until next Wednesday) as I'm out the country until late Tuesday for definitely non-motorsport related activities... ;)
;)

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 264 67.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 175 45.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 187 48.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 82 21.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 105 27.0%
Back