Translation table from "formula [v10,v12,classicearly]" to F1 years?

Is there a translation table of what years the different codenames for formula cars represent?

It's a bit hard to put together since I don't see a turbo indicator either.

EDITED: Here is approximately what we have so far:
  • Formula Classic gen1:, 1986 F1, H shifter, e.g. FW11, 98T
  • Formula Classic gen2: 1988 F1
  • Formula Classic gen3: 1991 e.g. Ferrari 643
  • Formula V12: 1995 F1 Ferrari 412T2
  • Formula V10 gen2: 2002 F1 - Ferrari F2002 or Williams FW24
  • Formula Reiza: 2010 F1, RB6
  • Formula Ultimate: 2019 F1 generic

Last edited:
Is there a translation table of what years the different codenames for formula cars represent?

It's a bit hard to put together since I don't see a turbo indicator either.

- classic gen1
- classic gen2
- classic gen3
- ultimate
- v10 gen2
- v12
I'd like to know it too, especially which real car they represent

The Formula Reiza is a 2012 F1 car, the Red Bull RB8 to be more precise. The Formula V10 should be the 2002 Ferrari F2002. Formula Ultimate is a generic 2019 F1 car based on FIA's regulations.
The Formula V12 is based on the 1995 Ferrari 412 T2. I'd like to know which cars are the various models of Formula Vintage and Classic

Here's my take so far...

F-V12: Agree on it being the 1995 Ferrari

F-V10: Looks more like the 2003 BAR to me except for the nose which indeed looks more Ferrari-like.

F-Reiza: Looks like the 2010 Red Bull RB6 to me. The 2012 car had the stepped nose & large S-duct intake.

F-Classic Gen 3 Model 2: Looks very much like an Adrian Newey March from the 1989-1992 era but the nose and front wing shape doesn’t quite seem to match any of them. Car is total eye candy for me. :)

F-Classic Gen 3 Model 3: Very much 1993-1995 Benetton shaped. Having a hard time telling if it’s supposed to be a specific one.

what years the different codenames for formula cars represent?
I am curious about that as well, it might be a little delicate for some one from Reiza to answer officially, we understand, but maybe someone close to Reiza could step in.
It will make driving them more rewarding from a simulation stand point.
The question is not in relation to what they look like, as obviously the styles are purposely confusing, but the question is about the physic.
If and once we have skins available then it might make it easier to decipher what is what. :)

Here's my take so far...

F-Reiza: Looks like the 2010 Red Bull RB6 to me. The 2012 car had the stepped nose & large S-duct intake.
Hmmm, maybe you're right. The model really seems the RB6 now that I look better, it's just that the tyres are Pirelli, while they should be Bridgestone's slicks.

I posted the question on Reiza forum and someone pointed out that the Formula V10 can be the 2001 Williams FW23

A bit of a wild idea here… I wonder if maybe some of these new F-classic cars are intended to ultimately end up being “competition” for the McLarens or other future DLC.

I posted the question on Reiza forum and someone pointed out that the Formula V10 can be the 2001 Williams FW23
The FW23 certainly does seem to match the front of the car. The rear tire "kick-ups" still look more BAR-like to me though.

Even if most of these cars aren't intended to be as much of a direct match as the F-V12 is to the 95 Ferrari, it's still pretty fun to see where the bits and pieces on the models may have originated.

the V10 definitely seems bastardized; the steering wheel is from the fw24, the tires are bridgestones & reiza generally seems to list it as 2001-spec.

The models probably shouldn’t be taken with a grain of salt generally speaking; eg 2 of the classic cars share a model at the moment..

I think the gen 3s are interpretations of 1991/1992 cars, in order MP4/7a, FW14, B192.

gen1 model1 is ostensibly an FW11 and g1m2 seems like a generic, maybe meant to represent a 98T (??)

reference is this post, but i don’t think it’s public (from Reiza 51 forum) — https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/the-historical-reiza-formula-cars-get-to-know-them.9128/

We would need to register to see that forum post.

But it goes against my rule #1 for having continued fun with games:
"never join the official forum for a game you like so far" :)

Last edited:
F-Reiza, 2010 Red Bull RB6, the model has double diffuser and exhaust blowing on the floor but not directly on the diffuser channels.
F-V10, 2002 Williams imo, front wing isn't spoon shaped (eliminates Ferrari and Mclaren, and most of the grid really) the car has no barge boards, instead it has horizontal blade infront of the sidepods which matches the Williams.

Gen 3s, to me are all from 91, Mclaren(MP4-7), Williams(FW14, still on passive suspension) and Benetton(B191).

F-Reiza, 2010 Red Bull RB6, the model has double diffuser and exhaust blowing on the floor but not directly on the diffuser channels.
F-V10, 2002 Williams imo, front wing isn't spoon shaped (eliminates Ferrari and Mclaren, and most of the grid really) the car has no barge boards, instead it has horizontal blade infront of the sidepods which matches the Williams.

Gen 3s, to me are all from 91, Mclaren(MP4-7), Williams(FW14, still on passive suspension) and Benetton(B191).
Agree that Gen 3 are from 1991, but it's not McLaren, it will come later (in hopefully a McLaren pack, ref. early video). Looks like a Ferrari 643.

Yeah i think you are right.

Funny thing while thinking it was the Macca i was actually a little disappointed, since they showed the full branded Mclaren in the trailer and then launched a "fake" car.
The trailer showed the Mp4/6 from Gen 3 from 1991, and it seems we also will have the Mp4/4 in Gen 2 1988. Gen 1 should be 1986? Then Senna had the Lotus 98T.
AMS 2 Image 6.jpg

Last edited:
The Formula Reiza indeed has the RB6 chassis. I just don't understand why they put Pirelli tyres instead of slick Bridgestones. It's not that important but it's a little detail that adds a bit of realism, especially in the future with a custom livery

The Formula Reiza indeed has the RB6 chassis. I just don't understand why they put Pirelli tyres instead of slick Bridgestones. It's not that important but it's a little detail that adds a bit of realism, especially in the future with a custom livery
Because for obvious reasons, they cannot build a model based on a single car!
It is not hard to understand why is it? If you go around calling Formula Reiza an RB6, maybe Red Bull will want to go and get some royalties no? It is a Formula car built around 2010 to 2013 specifications.

Because for obvious reasons, they cannot build a model based on a single car!
It is not hard to understand why is it? If you go around calling Formula Reiza an RB6, maybe Red Bull will want to go and get some royalties no? It is a Formula car built around 2010 to 2013 specifications.
How this has something to do with a tyre brand? Maybe you should learn better and understand what I'm saying.
Like the Formula V10 resembles a 2001/2002 Williams. Does it have goodyear tyres? No, it has Bridgestone tyres.
Or a Gen 3 model in Formula Classic, which is a Benetton.

Same goes for the Formula Reiza which is build with the 2010 championship winning car in mind. It's hard to understand?
Maybe I missed the part where a tyre branding is part of a single car. Didn't know Red Bull had the exclusive to use Bridgestone tyres.
Next time open a dictionary, learn to read and understand

So we have two lines of thought about Classic Gen 2 and Gen 3:
  • Gen 2 is 1988 and Gen 3 is 1991
  • Gen 2 is 1989-1992 and Gen 3 is 1993-1995

I take it that more people agree on the first variant?

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 270 34.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 218 27.8%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 146 18.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 64 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.3%