Triple Display Advice Please

I am getting ready to purchase a triple display setup (displays and mount). This is my plan and I am looking for people to confirm it looks like a good choice or if there is a better option.

Displays: Dell S3220DGF
  • 32"
  • 165 Hz (my target was really 144 Hz)
  • 2560x1440
  • 4 ms
  • FreeSync2
  • $437/each
Stand: Next Level Racing Triple Monitor Stand
  • $400
I will be using a Next Level Racing GTtrack cockpit.

I have a RTX 2070 GPU. I am planning to run in 1440p mode with tweaked settings to get decent frame rates. I realize the FPS will not come close to the display refresh rates based on my computer capability. I am anticipating around 60 Hz in a game like ACC for now. I am hoping with advancements in GPU's, CPU's, and software, the displays will pay off in the next year or two.

A couple questions:
  1. Do you see any issues with 4 ms refresh rate? Should I push for 1 ms?
  2. It seems that FreeSync2 will work with a RTX 2070, does anyone think it will not? Should I push for a g-sync display?
  3. Seems there are similar displays at a lower cost. I like Dell and have always had good customer service. Should I look at another brand / model?
Thanks for the help. Yes, I am one of those idiots that is getting back into sim racing (10 year absence) as a result of the global pandemic.

- Bill

Ultra maxed out all settings inside ACC
With 7680x1440 3x Samsung 144hz screens with a EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Hybrid XC watercooled card I’m only pulling 60fps
Not sure if it’s because that resolution is locked at the 7680 at 60hz or not inside AC I am pulling 160fps Ultra maxed out settings,
Also 5ghz watercooled 9700k + 64gb 3.4ghz RGB Hyper X memory,
You’ll play ACC for sure with a 2070 but don’t hope for 60fps at a decent settings,

from my RTX 2080 to this Ti card I saw almost a 50% increase in power FPS wise
2070 you’ll be lucky to get anything close to 40fps even at a higher settings.

Upvote 0
Ultra maxed out all settings inside ACC
With 7680x1440 3x Samsung 144hz screens with a EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Hybrid XC watercooled card I’m only pulling 60fps
Not sure if it’s because that resolution is locked at the 7680 at 60hz or not inside AC I am pulling 160fps Ultra maxed out settings,
Also 5ghz watercooled 9700k + 64gb 3.4ghz RGB Hyper X memory,
You’ll play ACC for sure with a 2070 but don’t hope for 60fps at a decent settings,

from my RTX 2080 to this Ti card I saw almost a 50% increase in power FPS wise
2070 you’ll be lucky to get anything close to 40fps even at a higher settings.
Thanks for the response. Can you help with any of the questions I asked?

Upvote 0
You'll be fine with a 4ms refresh rate. I don't think I've seen many monitors with a 1ms input lag.

Dell makes great monitors, although they are usually a bit on the higher priced end. I almost purchased the exact Dell monitors you are considering, but ended up going with some 32" LG ones that were about 30% less expensive. Gsync now works with most Freesync monitors from what I have read. In fact my LG monitors are Freesync (not Gsync) and I am able to run them using Gsync without problems.

I'm sure you'll be completely happy with the Dell monitors, as they have some great reviews as well and excellent customer support.

Reactions: CC
Upvote 0
4ms is totally fine 0 issues

FreeSync works with Nvidia

Dell have excellent customer service, down to personal preference

my 3 screens cost around 1000$
Cables cost over 150$
In my case 350 was the 3rd time buying them make sure 1000% you buy 8k DisplayPort cables V1,4 nothing less.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't pay normal Dell prices, but on sale, the 3-year warranty makes a difference compared to typical 1-year warranty of LG or Samsung.

Reactions: CC
Upvote 0
Yeah thats shady my MSI had 2 years :D
1590173411506.png

Upvote 0
4ms is totally fine 0 issues

FreeSync works with Nvidia

Dell have excellent customer service, down to personal preference

my 3 screens cost around 1000$
Cables cost over 150$
In my case 350 was the 3rd time buying them make sure 1000% you buy 8k DisplayPort cables V1,4 nothing less.

Think 1.2 which can run 4k at 60hz with transfer of 21gbs will do the trick 2 for 1440p. At least it does here on single monitor.
Hoping this actually works for triple 2 as I am about to find out coming week lol

Upvote 0
Think 1.2 which can run 4k at 60hz with transfer of 21gbs will do the trick 2 for 1440p. At least it does here on single monitor.
Hoping this actually works for triple 2 as I am about to find out coming week lol
I bought 3x 3 meters cables they kept failing cost like 70$
Bought 3x 3 meter Ugreen cables 1.2 sometimes my screens start with my pc sometimes not but didn’t work with ACC won’t even launch the game,
So just buy 3x3 meter 8k cables 160$ been expensive hassle lol :roflmao:

Upvote 0
I recently bought triple LG UltraGear 34GN850-B at 3440*1440 and 160FPS max. I also have a 2080ti so curious about the performance (they were probably stuck in Suez...hope they arrive soon). For ACC I'm willing to lower graphics to reach 60fps, but good to read that AC, which I play a lot, is going places FPS wise. I also bought the monitors somewhat future proof. If ever upgrade to a 3090 I would be able to see a good increase in FPS. And with a future PC build I would still have monitor performance left.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did it go well with 3 x s3220dgf? I'm thinking of getting three of them myself.

Something you do not like about them? Or maybe some better suggestions?

I have had no issues with the displays. Knock on wood. Work well with my stand and the bezels are small. I just wish I had a faster video cars than my 2070 to take advantage of the fast displays. I would buy them again. Good value.

Rig-4.jpg

Upvote 0
I have had no issues with the displays. Knock on wood. Work well with my stand and the bezels are small. I just wish I had a faster video cars than my 2070 to take advantage of the fast displays. I would buy them again. Good value.

View attachment 461786
Thanks for the reply. Picture looks good! I have RTX 3090 and pimax 5k +. Have never tested triple setup before. VR gets hot in long races and hard on my eyes. Now I am pumped for s3220dfg. Will be ordering tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 44 8.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.4%