Triples on 24” monitors??

To elaborate on the title I’m considering getting a set of the Acer Nitro 1080p 24” monitors. The reason behind the 24” model is the price and features. The only 27” models I could find are a little to expensive for my budget and they are TN instead of the IPS on the 24” Nitro.
I’m on a single 27” 1440p monitor now so my thoughts are I’ll be blown away regardless going to triples and the 24” should give me enough FOV and all that good stuff.
My single screen right now is about 30” away from my eyes and that’s really about as close as I can get it (it’s already sitting on top of my wheel base just about 6” behind the actual wheel rim). The triple set up will be practically that same distance.
So would do all think I would be happy with the triples in 24”??
It would be awesome to see some cockpit pics of any of your guys 24” triple set ups for reference!!

Whatever you get, triples are awesome! But I went 27" and it feels perfect ;)
30" is 76cms, that seems kind of far for 24",i have my 27" at 56 cms, going further back and smaller.... I'm not so sure.
All 3 of my screens are 56cm from my eyes.

Pixel density of 24 inch 1080p is nice, i have 3x 29 inch ultrawides which are essentially stretched 24 inch. About 54cm from my eyes set just behind the wheel. Smaller screens you do want to mount them close as possible to max out the fov, but its tricky as it can interfere with the wheel base, and i put an extension shaft on the osw to slot the screen between the base and the wheel.
Also you will lose vertical fov with 24 inch.
Otherwise 27 inch makes more sense practically in your situation if you can afford.

Realistic FOV with 24" monitors is impossible to achieve unless they're mounted between you and the steering wheel. You don't want to go there.

Dont know triples 27" but I achieved the best immersion with triples 24", the jump to triples 32" was a down grade in immersion because the position forced me to move the neck up and donwn to look at virtual mirror and blackboxes.

Triples 24" gives you all info at shight and at correct distance can achieve a really good FOV of 150-160 degrees

Some dirty laps back when racing triples 24"

Are the angles correct there ? Looks not correct from what ive been reading .
Is that about my video?
If so, monitors were at 45º/135º and distance was shorter than OP, 60cm IIRC, T300 without top cover to gain some clearance.
Recorded with a fisheye optic of 170º can look plain and deform but it was hard to seat in

Is that about my video?
If so, monitors were at 45º/135º and distance was shorter than OP, 60cm IIRC, T300 without top cover to gain some clearance.
Recorded with a fisheye optic of 170º can look plain and deform but it was hard to seat in
Well that does sound alright , must just be the camera angle that makes it look that way .

Dont know triples 27" but I achieved the best immersion with triples 24", the jump to triples 32" was a down grade in immersion because the position forced me to move the neck up and donwn to look at virtual mirror and blackboxes.
When your screen size is adequate and the screens are close enough, you don't need the virtual mirror and, to me, no virtual mirrors = greater immersion.

Even on single screen I never used virtual mirror and now with triples I can see the mirrors in pretty much all cars, both doors and rear view mirrors are all viable now ;)
#lovintriples

I have had them all, I always try and get as close as I can to the screens 45cm or less, with any screen for me resolution becomes important, 27” , was never happy with that at 1080p, 24”, much better, 21”, very good , in fact I still think this is a missed opportunity, you lose some head room, but to be honest you don’t really get that much with 27” anyway, the only negative is 60hz, once your used to it you really do not miss 144hz, they give enough surround space, easy to drive at 60hz and cost bugger all, resolution is very near 1440p too, having them very close is no problem. :)
just my experience, I am sure most will not agree, but worth a mention, I think.:geek:

Last edited:
I’m having a hard time understanding how everyone gets their screens so close to their face!! My setup is at a desk and I’ve kinda DIY a bit of a “cockpit” at my desk (I’m a carpenter). But the absolute closest I can get my screen is about 60cm, and that’s with my seat back really not in the most comfy position. If my seat is recliner slightly to were a really like it I’m definitely more like 65-70cm away. And my screen is ON TOP of my wheels base with only a few inches to spare to the back of my hands on the wheel... I really don’t think I would like to have the screen entirely over and in front of the wheel

This pic (you can just see me) is with my sear all the way back and I'm leaning out of the way trying to not get in the picture. When I'm in my correct position with my elbows bent to about 100 degrees when holding the wheel I'm 55cm at max from eyes to screens. If I have my hand on the wheel I can open my hand and touch the center screen.

My screens are on a triple mount stand made for a desk so I built my own desk (I'm a mechanic, lol) and in this pic you can see the weight was pulling the whole thing forward, lol (I'm a mechanic remember :p and I have since rectified that problem.

Last edited:
Steering wheel extension, not sure if is an easy fix for fanatic, not impossible just difficult.
I use about a 150mm of it + the QR section. Between the motor and the steering wheel the monitor is locate just in front of the motor base.
At the moment the distance to the monitor is about 45cm, from my perspective 60cm does not seem to bad. I am assuming the screens are 1080p, mine is 1440p so close is not a problem.
If they are 1080p seems like the distance is a good compromise. :)

Last edited:
I’m having a hard time understanding how everyone gets their screens so close to their face!! My setup is at a desk and I’ve kinda DIY a bit of a “cockpit” at my desk (I’m a carpenter). But the absolute closest I can get my screen is about 60cm, and that’s with my seat back really not in the most comfy position. If my seat is recliner slightly to were a really like it I’m definitely more like 65-70cm away. And my screen is ON TOP of my wheels base with only a few inches to spare to the back of my hands on the wheel... I really don’t think I would like to have the screen entirely over and in front of the wheel

Yeah its difficult to achieve unless you have a dedicated rig to hold the wheel and the monitors and position it all exactly. Also wheel shaft extensions only work on wheel bases that are compatible with standardised car fittings like 70mm PCD. So OSW Mige motor or bodnar motors, you'd have to get some sort of conversion kit that works for Fanatec etc.

The guy at Simracingmachines makes adapters I believe.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • Porsche

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • BMW

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • McLaren

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Toyota

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • Intel

Votes: 8 15.1%