Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 1.6.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ah yeah I see what you mean now. I haven't come across any settings that would enable the use of those extra tyres. Maybe its out there somewhere, or maybe it's because there's no FP1 or FP2. Dunno..

Just on the off chance that you might know - have you come across the loading screen images for the game in your tinkering?
Would love to mod them.

Will start testing 1.2 this evening!

The SC does come out, I had one come out in Spain during Career last night. Depends on where the cars happen to break down or crash. I did increase the sensitivity of the SC to 100% in the database, so unless someone does a revamp of the SC trigger files (idk how to do it..,and I also don't think it's necessary), the SC can't come out anymore than it already does, unless I increase the mistake rate. Doing that, though, means the retirement rate becomes too high, especially at Monaco. So there has to be a balance. Just like in real life--the SC is a more rare event, but it does happen.

Thank you for your response. I need to try a bit more this mod, I will give you feedback, thanks

no, i think that is not locked for the race, because if i use two sets of hard in fp and one in qualify, in the last stint of the race when use the hard are mounted tyre already used. if i use only one in fp and only one in qualify in the race are mounted new one. yes, would be nice, but would be nice to be able to do more laps in free practice without sacrificing new tires for the race having some sets avaible
the tyres are for fp1 and 2 but it dopesnt have fp1 and 2 its why the are locked but the should let u still use then in practice but codies locked them iot was same kin 20-12

Platform - PC
Controller - Wheel - Logitech Momo Racing
Specs - Low level. The ones that CM admitted behind back that suffer from time lapses and mid corner drag. I'm paying at low settings.
No internet - only offline
Difficulty - legend, no assists

I don't care about high traction, low traction, tire scaling etc, as long as there is sensible consistent scaling between my performance and the AI's. I don't care about the simulation performances mirroring exactly the real life.
I care only about realistic simulation of a real car and me being able to control it!

I play only two modes: Career and Classic GP.
Last night installed TLAI 1.2 all files with database 1.1. I believe the player receives R&D penalty and young driver penalty (until you reach max level). I increased my traction in CT file with 8%.
Career, Lotus, Catalunya, 100%
Start - Op
15l - Op
30l - Pr
50l - Op
Fuel - cautious (+3)
Last to first race. I'm playing those where I stay at the back and I don't engage in racing until the end of lap 2.
By lap 13 I had blown my extra fuel (+1), my traction was severely evaporating and there was a jam of 5 car in front of me so I pitted.
On Lap 20 I was running 7, made fastest lap of 1:24:003. Leading car (surprisingly Raikkonen) was at 1:24:130.
Between laps 20-30 leading car laps went from high 23's (23,5-23,9) to low 23's (23,0-23,5). My lap times went from low 24's, to high 24,s to low 25's. Between lap 25-29 the leading car did 5 fastest lap times, lap 29: 1:23:007. My lap 29 time: 1:27:950 with pit entering. On lap 25 i was 6th, 6 sec behind the 5th car (Alonso). On the last check before entering the pits I was 17 sec behind.
Second pit - lap 29.
On lap 32 I did fastest lap of 1:22:600. It was my only lap below 1:23 on those tires. On lap 46 I caught cars 4 and 5 (Alonso and Rosberg). Playing for a clean race I would've stayed behind until the tire change, but I went for a test. The next 4 laps I was squabbling with them for possition, though the AI was visibly struggling with traction in the corners going slow and wide in corners, AI was unovertakable (with DRS and rich mix) on the strаights. Though I was very careful and I don't think there was a contact, here's where the 2 "crashes" must come from.
Last pit - lap 50. 4th, 2,5 sec behind 3rd(Alonso)
On lap 53 on rich mix - fastest lap: 1:21:320. The only lap below 1:22, the only lap on rich.
On lap 56 overtook 2nd car (Vettel) 33 sec's behind the 1st car. Finished 2nd, 25 sec behind the leader and 22 sec infront of the 4th car (Alonso).
2 crahses for the race. 5 races, 13 crashes, 0 clean races.

As a reference:
Classic GP mode (I don't know if the changes you made affect this in any way).
50% races, last to first (same fashion 2 laps on the back to start)
7 races on the original version of the game on Estoril, all the 90's cars
TLAI ver 1,1 - 4 races in GP mode - custom 1992 season (Interlagos, Catalunya, Imola, Monaco) on WB14B
11 races, 11 wins, 11 clean races.

I wiil try to run Monaco in the next couple of days. If any additional information is needed you are welcome!

I just want to ask if you are going to add defensive behavior for AI. I mean in 2012 drivers took defensive line if you were trying to overtake them. But still it is best mod for f1 series ( still v1,1). So far i have not noticed any problems, great races. You should be hired by Codies :thumbsup:

As a reference:
Classic GP mode (I don't know if the changes you made affect this in any way).
50% races, last to first (same fashion 2 laps on the back to start)
7 races on the original version of the game on Estoril, all the 90's cars
TLAI ver 1,1 - 4 races in GP mode - custom 1992 season (Interlagos, Catalunya, Imola, Monaco) on WB14B
11 races, 11 wins, 11 clean races.

I wiil try to run Monaco in the next couple of days. If any additional information is needed you are welcome!

First - thanks for following the posting rules :thumbsup:
Second - this will be addressed in the next release (because I just found out myself), but the modified track files I have also work for the different era's. So if you're having issues with the AI in classic mode, put my ai_vehicle_track.xml file into the \f12013\tracks\circuits\[track name]\route_0\[era folder]

As for your race...this once again comes down to this issue where some people feel the tyre wear is fine, and other think it's absurd. I'm using the lowered tyre wear database and have been since China. In my Career right now, driving for Ferrari, there's a difference of about 7 points between first and 4th place in the drivers championship...I'm in 3rd. So my races are very competitive. Spain was a little weird admittedly because the tyre wear was a little low, so I wound up 2 stopping after an early front wing incident on lap 5 (50% race) and won the race, but only by 13 seconds which is less time than a run down pit lane takes...so we know the AI was still competitive at least. But I've adjusted the tyre wear at Spain so hopefully the wear there is a little more tangible.
I myself am torn, because I'm competitive with the AI with the low-wear database, but I'm not seeing my tyres get past the brown phase - which I'd like to see. But that means revamping the tyre wear model....again...each revamp takes probably 2 days to do to feel out the pitstop strategy, then to go and actually race to see if the wear is where it should be.

So trust me, I'm aware of this tyre wear issue and it bugs me too. But I'd love to get some more feedback from people using the low-wear database to see how their races are going before I go off revamping the tyre wear for the 3rd time lol

I just want to ask if you are going to add defensive behavior for AI. I mean in 2012 drivers took defensive line if you were trying to overtake them. But still it is best mod for f1 series ( still v1,1). So far i have not noticed any problems, great races. You should be hired by Codies :thumbsup:

I've modified it so the AI doesn't take a defensive line so quickly (aka they wait a little bit longer to make sure it's necessary). The reason for this is because the same defensive issue that plagued us in 2012 is still present in 2013 - if the AI does wind up taking a defensive line, they brake way too early and basically hand you the position. So in order to keep the competitiveness up, and to make you, the Player, actually have to work for an overtake, I lessened the likelihood of the AI defending. Didn't have much of a choice unfortunately :\

So trust me, I'm aware

Generally speaking I don't think there is an issue or let's say a big issue.

I simply love the classic mode. You may say the AI comes a little slow, but playing last to first is fun and most importantly the car feels like a a real car.

If there is an issue with the career the biggest one is how severely tires degrade in comparison to the AI's. From my previous post the lap time deference at the end of the second stint between me and Raikkonen was 2 sec and on the worn (just before pit stop) tires AI was doing fastest laps. And this with 8% increased traction. I can only imagine with the original CT.

And the other thing that mighty pisses me off is that I'm not able to register a single clean race (driving extremely careful and replaying races) where in classic mode I'm 100%.

To me the classic mode is perfect from driving stand point.

I'll see what I will come up with in Monaco. I'll do classic and career for comparison.

Hi there!

I just started a new career with your mod, I couldn't resist to not start again with your mod :)

I'm playing career, 100% , no assists , legend difficulty, using database 1.1.

Is it possible that during qualifing session tha AI is really slow? If I accelerate time they can get really better times, but If I don't use fast forward, I can be faster for more than 1 second (using Lotus).

So maybe do you suggest me to accelerate times?

Edit : Just started the race, after I got the pole with 1 second over Webber (even with not a clear lap..). I was gaining 2 seconds per lap over Vettel, after 7 laps I had a gap over Vettel of around 17 seconds..

It seems to me that there is something wrong with that, I'm playing at legend, as I wrote above. The same is for grand prix mode, not only career..

I know how to install your mod, so I think that there were no mistakes installing the mod.
Track is Melbourne.

I'll try another track

Last edited:
Hi there!

I just started a new career with your mod, I couldn't resist to not start again with your mod :)

I'm playing career, 100% , no assists , legend difficulty, using database 1.1.

Is it possible that during qualifing session tha AI is really slow? If I accelerate time they can get really better times, but If I don't use fast forward, I can be faster for more than 1 second (using Lotus).

So maybe do you suggest me to accelerate times?

Edit : Just started the race, after I got the pole with 1 second over Webber (even with not a clear lap..). I was gaining 2 seconds per lap over Vettel, after 7 laps I had a gap over Vettel of around 17 seconds..

It seems to me that there is something wrong with that, I'm playing at legend, as I wrote above. The same is for grand prix mode, not only career..

I know how to install your mod, so I think that there were no mistakes installing the mod.
Track is Melbourne.

I'll try another track

If you wouldn't mind, as a test - install v1.2 database and do the same grand prix race with the same car, and see how the competition is.

As for qualifying, the only method I knew for slowing down or speeding up the AI under qualifying does not work with 2013, so I'm at a loss on how to do that. Though for what it's worth, my qualifying times have been fairly competitive with the AI. So far in my Career I'm at Monaco and have had 3 poles I think...? Might be 4, but one of them I was using mix 3 because I was low on time left in Q3 and needed a quick one lol.

So again, if you can find the time to do the same race but with v1.2 (low-wear) database and let us know how things go, that'd be a good bit of feedback

t happens every lap, and in the two tracks I'v played so far, in Melbourne and Sepang, in Malaysia he always goes wide in the corner before the seconde to last straight.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 1.1%