Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 1.6.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi , About AI overtaking behavior to reduce the frequency of rear-ending , on version 1.1 I never had this problem , I braking at the same level of them but after I manage better the rest of breaking until the corner so I guess other players need to progress about theirs braking . best regards

The adjustment wasn't for the Player vs AI battles - the AI reacts to the player well enough for my liking. The adjustment was for AI vs AI battles. After some testing I found the AI were diving in recklessly while trying a hopelessly optimistic overtaking maneuver, causing unnecessary rear-ending. This is one of the reasons why the retirement rate was so high.

You on the other hand, are braking at the same points as the AI because of the adjusted braking points I made with the track files, not because you're better than everyone else at braking ;) heh heh heh....

Ok 1.2 but..faster or slower? More drag or less drag? More cornening speed? What? I want to know :)

I'm not here to spoon feed you about every single nuance that's been changed, I don't have the time for it. I'm giving you the files - if you want to open them up to see what's been changed, by all means do so.
The changes to the CTF files were minor, and what has been changed can be found on the overview page (which no one seems to want to read). Everything else with the CTF files is default, so the change in performance is minor and was only done to increase competition between Player and AI.

yes guy, that is the correct way! driving force india, legend difficulty and no assist in malaysia, 8th place in fp, 10th place in qualyfing at 1 second from leader, not an easy transition to q2.if you really want you can sweat more, but now it is much better than before. I have yet to try in the race

So I tested this new update on a 25% career race in Monza / Toro Rosso / Expert difficulty :
- Qualification : 12th
- Race : 7th
-> Before I had to put difficulty to Legend to have a corresponding position for my Toro rosso (compared to real life)
--> Now in expert it's better

No AI retirement
--> For me there should be at least 1 or 2 but maybe it was random, I will continue to test

AI are indeed more careful on the chicanes

But for me the tire wear is now not strong enough, it was really low for me during all race - in 1.1 it was too much, in 1.2 I have the feeling it's not enough..

I will continue to test on the next track.

So I tested this new update on a 25% career race in Monza / Toro Rosso / Expert difficulty :
- Qualification : 12th
- Race : 7th
-> Before I had to put difficulty to Legend to have a corresponding position for my Toro rosso (compared to real life)
--> Now in expert it's better

No AI retirement
--> For me there should be at least 1 or 2 but maybe it was random, I will continue to test

AI are indeed more careful on the chicanes

But for me the tire wear is now not strong enough, it was really low for me during all race - in 1.1 it was too much, in 1.2 I have the feeling it's not enough..

I will continue to test on the next track.

The low retirement rate is due to the 25% distance. Longer distances gives the computer more time to calculate failures, etc. I do 50% races and typically see around 3 DNF's.

The tyre wear is - idk. For right now it's the best I can do. I'm working on a happy medium between the 1.1 and 1.2 databases, but it's not an easy task to get the tyre wear right AND have realistic pit stop strategies.
As well, I'm not sure if the wear scaling applies to 25% races the same way it does for 50% and 100% distance races. Finally, Monza is a low tyre wear track. We saw them do a 1 stop in real life. So...Monza, 25%, lowered tyre wear....it makes sense that you're seeing low wear.

tested the race. start in 10 finish in 11. 2 retirements. it is the correct way :thumbsup:
one request. can you unlock the one set of soft and two set of hard that are locked in week end of career gp?

I believe those are locked because they need to be available for the race. Shame though...would be nice to be able to use more than one set of softs during practice right? I hear you

no, i think that is not locked for the race, because if i use two sets of hard in fp and one in qualify, in the last stint of the race when use the hard are mounted tyre already used. if i use only one in fp and only one in qualify in the race are mounted new one. yes, would be nice, but would be nice to be able to do more laps in free practice without sacrificing new tires for the race having some sets avaible

Thank you, I am gonna try this Mod

Btw I have a question, what about Safety car, has not any improvements? Any chance of making some mod to improve its performance? I mean, I want SC to appear, but IA never makes a crash important enough :(

Just out of curiosity how did my mod wind up on another site? Anyone know?
On top of that there are links to downloads that are curently hosted here on Racedepartment but the website does not direct link to RD, instead ad related links to downloads of the same stuff behind an ad wall(adfly.com). As i use Noscript addon for FF i didnt see past the ADFLY part so i dont know if it cotinues to RD afterwards but that website is making ad revenue from RD hosted mods.

Thank you, I am gonna try this Mod

Btw I have a question, what about Safety car, has not any improvements? Any chance of making some mod to improve its performance? I mean, I want SC to appear, but IA never makes a crash important enough :(

The SC does come out, I had one come out in Spain during Career last night. Depends on where the cars happen to break down or crash. I did increase the sensitivity of the SC to 100% in the database, so unless someone does a revamp of the SC trigger files (idk how to do it..,and I also don't think it's necessary), the SC can't come out anymore than it already does, unless I increase the mistake rate. Doing that, though, means the retirement rate becomes too high, especially at Monaco. So there has to be a balance. Just like in real life--the SC is a more rare event, but it does happen.

no, i think that is not locked for the race, because if i use two sets of hard in fp and one in qualify, in the last stint of the race when use the hard are mounted tyre already used. if i use only one in fp and only one in qualify in the race are mounted new one. yes, would be nice, but would be nice to be able to do more laps in free practice without sacrificing new tires for the race having some sets avaible

Ah yeah I see what you mean now. I haven't come across any settings that would enable the use of those extra tyres. Maybe its out there somewhere, or maybe it's because there's no FP1 or FP2. Dunno..

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 480 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 292 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 145 21.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 188 27.3%
Back