TT Isle of Man - The Game

Somehow I know we will be disappointed with the whole physics thing but I just need to ride the full TT course in all it's glory at speeds that would have me spitting out small poo :poop: poo's on my own bike. :notworthy:
Not long to go now folks.

I really hope you guys enjoy the game as much as I do.

The physics side of things is very important with this game. There's no getting away from that.

For me this is a bit of a "slow burner" in that following my initial quite pleasant surprise with the game (from helmet "cam") the more time passes and more laps I complete my understanding of the physics becomes clearer and much more second nature to me and the whole process of getting a fast bike round this amazingly challenging and at times daunting track becomes less of a puzzle for me..

I think at first this will feel like an almighty culture shock to most that has gone before..the physics to begin will feel on a knife-edge. Overdo the braking just a little and you will be down the road.. Get back on the throttle too early and too hard leaving Ballaugh Bridge and the bike will go from under you (it still does on some laps even now) or misjudge the bump on Bray Hill (in terms of road position or throttle) and you will be down in a big, big way.. My god you will think the physics are broken or the game is absurdly hard and unforgiving. I did. Now it's beginning to make much more sense to me. I am swooping more from kerb to kerb on the blind and very fast sections of the course. It flows more. I can brake smoothly and for the most part safely and under decent control. I can even save it now quite often if things go wrong..lock the front but pull back on the left stick and have a chance of not crashing. Before I would veer off often uncontrollably into a wall. This is not gpbikes but I do think the level of physics in this game suits the track in question. And boy what a track it is..

Main thing is to relax, not grip that controller too tightly and let the bike loose to do its thing on the course. The more you fight it the more it seems to get out of control for me. So relax if you can and enjoy the ride.. Ride a gear higher than perhaps you think you ought to be. Keep it on the pipe and flowing smoothly but as fast as you can.

I hope you enjoy the game guys. Not everyone does. Many do however and are beginning to understand it better day by day. It's a fitting tribute to the real event for me. I hope it is for you as well. The sense of speed under the trees is something I have not felt in any other game..gpl dare I say it included which I still play and love. But this is something different..

Not long now for you guys on pc.

"Midge" ;)

TT ride on the edge is having mods on this forum guys?
Maybe. There is someone I have heard of through someone else (friend of a friend) who is the guy who modded WRC 7. I'm about to try out his physics mod for that game..

Anyway, I might make contact with him and see if he is interested in helping us mod IOM Ride of the Edge. Obviously thinking being, once we get to look at it, that the file structures may be similar to WRC7.

Tbh though everything is up in the air until we know what Kylotonn have done to the physics with their upcoming post release patch. My slight worry is that they might cater to the casual gamers out there who are selling on the game or returning it out of frustration..and make the whole thing easier. Even one or two experienced gamers I know who are chasing leaderboard topping times (on "chase" cam) are saying the same thing. I, personally, would never race this thing on "chase" cam as setting top-ten global leaderboard times, or trying to, was never what interested me about this game. I am in this for the circuit, the immersion and the immense challenge of racing this thing from 1st person view. You can play this thing "arcade" (which is where the handling anomalies show up more as you are pushing the handling boundaries so much harder) or you can play this thing "simulation" from "helmet" cam and learn the track from a much more challenging and realistic perspective..with times that will never threaten the top leaderboard times.

For me it's immersion every time.

But yes modding this might just be possible if enough people (who can do that sort of thing) like the game enough..

One thing by the way I am noticing is the different feel of the individual bikes. Which is great. Suter is an animal and a real challenge to ride fast. Norton is very fast, softly suspended and a lazier on direction changes. Michael Dunlop's BMW is very fast and doesn't hold much back at all. It's a very quick tool for the job. The Honda is the "sensible" option as to a lesser extent is the Kwacker.. 600s are MUCH easier!

I guess there's enough to play with if ppl do get to modifying this thing?

(sorry for the long post!)

Last edited:
really hope you guys enjoy the game as much as I do.

The physics side of things is very important with this game. There's no getting away from that.
Can I ask, as someone not versed in bike games who just really wants to do the course are the assists useful or as you've implied, detrimental to all levels of skill?

Fully agreed Midge !
To be relax is key.
I don't block anymore my front brake, and once you get how much is important the left stick (up & down moves) your way of riding is completely different (you can handle far better the wheelie by putting pressure on the front, better manage bump, corner exit, etc...).
As Midge said, it's only a question of practice, practice, tens of practice hours..., tens of trees kissing your helmet...

Can I ask, as someone not versed in bike games who just really wants to do the course are the assists useful or as you've implied, detrimental to all levels of skill?

The assists do help but only once you have got your head round the physics.. tcs, anti-wheelie, and abs do make a difference. But tbh it's not that big a difference to begin with when you first play the game. The assists work but they only slightly mask the unforgiving nature of the game. It's not a case of turning them on and relaxing. In some ways they might even make you crash more at the beginning because you don't know where the limits are.. Main challenge is the braking I think at first. Ride this thing like RIDE 2 or motogp by Milestone by grabbing loads of front brake and you will be cursing everything you hold sacred. You can't do it that way. You have to pull gently and carefully on the trigger until it begins to "bite".. Help it as you do by using engine braking to smooth the braking out and if you sense things are going wrong and you are in too "hot" pull back on the left stick to take pressure away from the front slightly..you can sometimes save it that way. Less is more on the braking to begin with.. Then you need to start thinking about the bumps. Classic example is you do your 1st "clean" lap with no crashes then on hurtling down Bray Hill you touch the bump with too much throttle on or at the wrong angle slightly and down you go again.. There's a lot going on.

Maybe. There is someone I have heard of through someone else (friend of a friend) who is the guy who modded WRC 7. I'm about to try out his physics mod for that game..

Anyway, I might make contact with him and see if he is interested in helping us mod IOM Ride of the Edge. Obviously thinking being, once we get to look at it, that the file structures may be similar to WRC7.

Tbh though everything is up in the air until we know what Kylotonn have done to the physics with their upcoming post release patch. My slight worry is that they might cater to the casual gamers out there who are selling on the game or returning it out of frustration..and make the whole thing easier. Even one or two experienced gamers I know who are chasing leaderboard topping times (on "chase" cam) are saying the same thing. I, personally, would never race this thing on "chase" cam as setting top-ten global leaderboard times, or trying to, was never what interested me about this game. I am in this for the circuit, the immersion and the immense challenge of racing this thing from 1st person view. You can play this thing "arcade" (which is where the handling anomalies show up more as you are pushing the handling boundaries so much harder) or you can play this thing "simulation" from "helmet" cam and learn the track from a much more challenging and realistic perspective..with times that will never threaten the top leaderboard times.

For me it's immersion every time.

But yes modding this might just be possible if enough people (who can do that sort of thing) like the game enough..

One thing by the way I am noticing is the different feel of the individual bikes. Which is great. Suter is an animal and a real challenge to ride fast. Norton is very fast, softly suspended and a lazier on direction changes. Michael Dunlop's BMW is very fast and doesn't hold much back at all. It's a very quick tool for the job. The Honda is the "sensible" option as to a lesser extent is the Kwacker.. 600s are MUCH easier!

I guess there's enough to play with if ppl do get to modifying this thing?

(sorry for the long post!)

I only read half of it...I only wanted a link to the game modding page here or something like that.

This throttle steering you mention is something I've been getting used to with my time on the Ride demo which I'm hoping will help me in TTIOM. It kind of reminds me of the technique needed when driving some of the classic cars in Assetto and pCars (and back in the day in GPL) as opposed to the modern ones. I really enjoy that side of it :thumbsup:.

This split breaking is something that will take me some time to master and at the moment i've just had them combined.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated :thumbsup:

No probs, it's quite hard putting it all into words! Glad it made sense to others! Regarding a bit more info on braking, I only tend to use the back brake (other than when tightening up my line) on the MEGA braking zones, faster entry corners just need the fronts. I too am really hoping the control style from Milestone games will translate well to the IOM game. Spending a lot of time on MGP15, VR46 and Ride 2 at the mo getting ready! (5 days to go!!)

When riding GSXR1000 K8 in real life and coming to a fast corner that tightens up more than expected, I find that closing your eyes and saying a few Hail Mary's works a treat. :cool::D
Although at Cadwell in July 2014 I forgot the Hail Mary bit and tasted tarmac hard and broke my delicate middle aged body.:whistling::notworthy:
So the moral of my story is "don't forget to say your Hail Mary's"

ouch!! I remember praying a few times on the road!! Usually for the rain to stop! ;)
Cadwell, now THATS a track I want in a bike game!!

I'll need a miracle @Andy_J in fact I think I will be praying for the whole course:D

Yup praying is a good idea! TBH I'm not expecting to be able to do even one lap without a crash of some sort...ever!!! If I ever do a clean lap (don't care how fast!) I'll crack open some champagne!!

So what's your advice fo a fellow atheist biker then ? :D

I believe "just close your eyes and... well that's it, nothing else" would makes them look just like pure cowards.
Prayer... makes it all make sense. :)

So.. any tips on what to start on in this game? Any particular bike that I should use as my starting steed? and by the same token any that I should avoid until I am a bit more proficient (hopefully).

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 253 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 203 27.3%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 140 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 61 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.4%