Twin Sims... The Build

Stick with know brands, Momo, Sparco, SportLine, .

Um... also noticing the screw patten on these wheels. The above Grip Royals does not have a screw at 12 and 6 o'clock rather 130 and 7:30 and so forth.

the button boxes appear to be at 12 and 6 as well.

1710608992808.png

1710609063410.png

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Called "Royal" for a reason. :p
And Ascher B16/24L is a perfect fit for Sportline Imola 300.

• Deleted member 197115

Simucube 2 Pro Wheelbases and Quick Release Wheel Side kits..... ORDERED!!!!
It's not the best QR but will do for a single wheel if you don't change them often.
Otherwise Xero-Play is a much better option, or even good old Buchfink Q1R. You would need adapter though as Simucube wheel hub is not a standard 70mm bolt pattern.

• Deleted member 197115

That swivel is a Standart part, so probably not made by Simlab.
Yes, it is a standard swivel that only comes in silver. Supplied corner brackets were also silver, at least with P1X. Haven't seen them in black either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goals for this weekend...

1. Complete Sim Lab order and pull the trigger.
2. Determine supplier and order Simucube 2 pro
3. Determine supplier and order Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals.

2 and 3 complete.

I have the Sim Lab order put together including 2 each of the following.

P1X Pro Cockpit
Free Standing Vario Triple monitor mount
Pedal slider base plate with heel plate
Keyboard tray
Mouse pad
Shifter and HB bracket
Sim cup holder
Sparco seat Slider with Bucket seat bracket.

Trying to get a response on whether the Sim Shelf will fit on the rig where I want it before I add to the order.

Also trying to make the seat selection so I know if I need the bucket seat bracket with the seat slider.

Decisions left to make:
1. Seat/brackets (holding up Sim Lab order)
2. Computer Shelf (holding up Sim Lab order)
3. Wheels
4. Wheel button box
5. H shifter.

Solid progress!!!

Plan to have the rest of this wrapped up by the end of the week! Sorry UPS man... .LOL

Great progress and excellent choices, Drew!

Given your plans for guests to use either of your rigs, you will definitely need a seat slider. The Sim-Lab slider is an excellent choice as are offerings from major manufacturers like Sparco, OMP, MOMO, Corbeau, etc.

Regarding sear brackets, I wanted more of a recline option than many side mounts offer and chose these Motamec adjustable units:

motamec.com

Universal Side Seat Mounts - 6 Piece Mounting Brackets

Motamec universal alloy 6 piece side mounting seat brackets - 5mm alloy. Universal fitting, fits most side mount race seats - Sparco, OMP, Cobra, MOMO, Corbeau etc. Slotted adjustment lower bracket, for fine seat adjustment Black anodized finish...
motamec.com
motamec.com

Also from Sim Lab

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your email.

The space is 600mm wide so the 540 should work. Keep in mind that you can only mount it with 2 of the 4 bolts which is fine. I used it like this on my monitor mount for years without a problem.

----
Best regards,

Ronald Kracht
Sim-Lab Team

I like the Corbeau FX1--cannot go wrong with that.

For a less expensive fixed bucket seat option look at NRG Innovations (price includes side mount brackets in most cases). Several RD contributors have chosen the entry level "Fiberglass" and FRP seat or the Prisma / Prisma Ultra even though they have the means to buy any seat they wish:

BEWARE: NRG bucket seats come with side brackets; some unscrupulous resellers try to charge extra for them. Also, be sure to buy from NRG directly or an authorized reseller because even though NRG is a less expensive brand, there are knock off NRG products especially with regard to steering wheel QRs.

• Deleted member 197115

NRG is popular rice burners brand. Just make sure it can fit a proper size male.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching some coupon codes now on Corbeau now (but not finding any). Think I will order one FX1 (up to 38" waist). If I like, I will order another. If a bit tight, I will order the second in wide and my daughter will enjoy the FX1.

Ooooo free standard shipping! :cool:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 39 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.2%