Tyre compounds

At 20º ambient temp, medium tyres are useless since they can't reach optimum temperature doesn't matter how hard you push.

And at 36º ambient temp, soft tyres are useless since they overheat doesn't matter how smooth you drive.

Is the ambient temperature the only parameter real teams use to choose which tyre they will use?

Because in this game, it seems to be the only parameter.

Is the temperature difference between soft and medium tyres realistic in this sim?

I tought the main difference between compounds were the duration of the tyres, and not temperatures.

And that real teams took the race length as the main parameter.

Last edited:
I know it's different but what i mean is, the 3 rules are the same.

Softer = More grip, more heat, less durability, and vice-versa.

Therefore i was not comparing 2 "completely" different things when i compared a F1 to a GT3.
That's true of course! But it might be the crucial point between a GT3 oversteering like hell within one lap and an F1 car completing a full qualy lap before losing grip. Also open wheel cars are cooling the tyres a bit more on a straight than a closed one. Ofc air channels are cooling gt3 tyres but going 300+ with a free surface will cool quite a bit more.

If you want to see how accurate AC is or not is you should look up qualy sessions of the blancpain series (or ADAC Germany) :)

There must be over 100 compounds put into the Tyres of modern racing cars, including oils, carbon
and rubber in varying quantities. These are applied to get different responses from the rubber.
There is no way of relating this to their race or AC. Calling a compound soft is only a relative statement anyway.
Almost certainly soft for qualifying and harder compound for the race, I imagine simular to
AC gt3 Sunday leagues.
If that wrong then someone will interject with a correct answer. It's all a guess anyway.

There must be over 100 compounds put into the Tyres of modern racing cars, including oils, carbon
and rubber in varying quantities. These are applied to get different responses from the rubber.
There is no way of relating this to their race or AC. Calling a compound soft is only a relative statement anyway.
Almost certainly soft for qualifying and harder compound for the race, I imagine simular to
AC gt3 Sunday leagues.
If that wrong then someone will interject with a correct answer. It's all a guess anyway.

You’re right on.

I think a more relatable consumer example might be easier to grasp here. So let’s forget race rubber for a second.

Michelin makes a high performance street tire that anyone can buy and put on their car today (size permitting!) called the Pilot Sport Cup 2. Easy enough, right? No.

There are multiple versions of this tire depending on the car and even down to the individual model range of a specific car. You can have easily have three different sets of “cup 2” tires in the same size that will behave different and have different performance envelopes.

Now that’s on consumer cars. You can only imagine that variations and possibilities on race cars.

If you want to match realism, you’ll need telemitry traces from the race car matched with the sim with conditions being equal where possible including the same driver. That’s the closest you can get to see how close the two are. Absolute lap times mean very little.

No, the cars are different, the tires are the same, it's rubber.
Wrong, the Pirelli F1 tire construction is completely different from usual GT3 tires.

And if you look at qualifying videos they use soft and super soft tyres in almost all of them, and not ultra and hyper soft. Sure to avoid overheating since there is no point to use a harder compound in qualifying to do only few laps.
You do realize that Pirelli only provides 3 different compounds for each race?

By the way, both Blancpain GT Series and ADAC GT Masters only use a single GT3 tire compound.

If you mean me, i don't know much about tyres but some things are obvious.
Yes obvious things like Pirelli does not bring hypersofts to every GP ?

It's actually pretty funny that to show AC is wrong you have chosen pretty much the only real life tyres that are engineered to overheat after half a lap when driven hard. So it's like you are incredibly wrong, twice, but in the end you are still right because GT tyres should pretty much work anywhere anytime, unlike F1 tyres.

Even mr deap wouldn't pull that off.

Yes obvious things like Pirelli does not bring hypersofts to every GP ?

It's actually pretty funny that to show AC is wrong you have chosen pretty much the only real life tyres that are engineered to overheat after half a lap when driven hard. So it's like you are incredibly wrong, twice, but in the end you are still right because GT tyres should pretty much work anywhere anytime, unlike F1 tyres.

Even mr deap wouldn't pull that off.
I'm not trying to show AC is wrong, im trying to discover if AC is wrong. I still don't know, until i watch Blancpain series and check which tyres they use for qualifiying under each condition.

You guys talked to much about many things but nobody gave me a precise answer if Assetto Corsa is wrong and WHY. That's all i want to know. In fact the only way to know it is comparing with real life GT3 and nobody here have this information, nobody here told me which compound they use for qualifiying under a 36º day for example in order to compare it with Assetto Corsa.

You mentioned that "Assetto Corsa is off" who the **** are you to judge it if you don't know which tyres they use under each ambient and asphalt conditions?

The tyres in AC are too sensitive to ambient temperatures and not enough sensitive to driving style and setup.

How could you be that sure, are you a GT3 driver? Have you tested a GT3 under different conditions, with different compounds and different setups?

You're the Mr deap here you clown!

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%