UFO Discussion

And the plot thickens...

US Air Force declassified documents regarding them building saucers in the 50´s...

258141_600.png

Final-Development-Summary.png

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/7/3465566/us-air-force-flying-saucer-declassified

I wonder where they got their "inspiration" from...

No one talked about the Haunebu.....gloria germania....

We Germans build that. Or not. I dont know. We could have slave the world. But well ....No no Iam not an supporter of that ****.
The Germans had plans to build flying tanks like the today helicopters.
But they had an other "movething". But it went horrible wrong.
The americans captured later these. And get some german engineers.
Which should get these things running. And? Is this what the people saw?

Well.
Aliens. Humans. There is an theory which won a nobale price(not sure). The theory that the life on earth was transported through space on an meteor. If these theory is right. Then the man on the mars is a human too ; ) or something similiar.

Something "swims" past the international space station. Supposedly this video was recorded off the live feed before it cut to static.

To me it looks some kind of fish that could have been cut into the video. The video is not that clear so it is hard to see. The video author Stephen Hannard is also an alien believer which also points to the video being faked or misinterpreted.

What they saw can be attributed to to a number of causes, the film with James F. Buchli doesn't prove anything as it is not in it's whole (i.e we don't know in what context he said it in).
People who sees strange things in the skies sometimes accept the spacecraft explanation as it is more exciting than just a plane, or flare or weather balloon.
Each UFO incident requires investigation to exclude all other forms of activity and even then one can't say for sure that it is an alien spacecraft we are dealing with.

I won't go as far to say that we have mass hallucinations because that is silly, but I wonder if everyone that sees a UFO thinks of other explanations than the alien theory.

So as i said, probably unicorns flying around.

Nope, now you as usual, jump to conclusions without reading the entire post.
I wrote that I do not think people hallucinate about seeing UFO's which excludes the unicorns.
What I wrote however is that people want to have seen something thrilling and that makes a spacecraft better than a more probably cause which they do not want to open themselves up to.

Nope, now you as usual, jump to conclusions without reading the entire post.
I wrote that I do not think people hallucinate about seeing UFO's which excludes the unicorns.
What I wrote however is that people want to have seen something thrilling and that makes a spacecraft better than a more probably cause which they do not want to open themselves up to.
I did read your post and you as most other people will explain away things with whatever you can get your hands on.
If an alien had showed up on camera you would have claimed it´s a basketball flying around in space even though he would stand there waving at you.

You don´t say alien spacecraft under observance in any other context then actually seeing an alien spacecraft.
If you are unsure what the hell you are looking at you can try saying object or UFO.
If i see something in the sky i´m not gonna say "I got the alien spacecraft under observance"

So as i said, it was probably unicorns flying around that he mistook for an alien spacecraft being observed.

Kudos to Hampus, you've clearly changed your attitude a bit, for the better without giving up an inch from your beliefs. I really mean it mate, keep up the good work. For the rest of you, don't try semantics with this guy, he's been battered around in various forums a bit more than you think... In order to have a constructive argument, you need to read and study a lot more.. a lot, lot more. (about 100% more than what i was prepared for ;) )

For me, i'm still in the state of mind as i have always been: been around long enough to definitely say somethings out there but never have seen any conclusive proof...

By proof you mean the US government saying "yes they are real"

witness accounts from high ranking military personnel sacrificing their life by being ridiculed and probably their job is not enough, even when they are in the order of 500 people.

Photos (sure most are fake but it´s the minority that´s interesting) is not good enough either.
Just imagine yourself taking a photo of a real spacecraft and someone saying "nah it´s photoshopped"

Astronaut witness account saying VERY clearly that he´s observing an alien spacecraft won´t do either.

Actual scientific data proving that crafts have landed in the supposed field affecting the vegetation in that area.

Or how about a whole city saying they saw a craft so big you could land several B-2 bombers on top of it, and having pictures of it. Did i mention it was a hole city that saw it?

Nah, i still need proof dammit!
I´m waiting for Obama to open his mouth, because only then it´s true.

Having the mexican military talk about their experiences getting chased by (and chasing, engaging) with UFO´s is also not enough.

The fact that UFO sightings dramatically increased after we started blowing up nuclear bombs is also merely a coincidence between rocket scientists and rednecks in the desert ramping up their jibberish.

Oh and Roswell. The military saying themselves a saucer had crashed.
the next day the person who made that official probably got fired and a new story was brought up saying it was a weather balloon.

This balloon was so important they split up the parts in two transport planes so they would be sure they would not loose this mega-important weather balloon.

I did read your post and you as most other people will explain away things with whatever you can get your hands on.

I will not explain away things as you say, I seek alternative explanations that are more likely than the alien theory. If there aren't any other I label the object UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) , that however does NOT make it an alien spacecraft.

If an alien had showed up on camera you would have claimed it´s a basketball flying around in space even though he would stand there waving at you.

If an alien would show up on my camera than why would I try to claim it is a basketball flying in space? Is that really the best explanation you'd think I'd come up with? If I did see an alien I would probably not jump on conclusions, rather study it and then determine it's origin.

You don´t say alien spacecraft under observance in any other context then actually seeing an alien spacecraft.
If you are unsure what the hell you are looking at you can try saying object or UFO.
If i see something in the sky i´m not gonna say "I got the alien spacecraft under observance"

And how do you know, except for the things he said that he saw an alien spacecraft?
Can you be 100% sure that he saw what he said in the video?

So as i said, it was probably unicorns flying around that he mistook for an alien spacecraft being observed.

Only Unicorns I have seen are the ones on 'My Little Pony', they don't look anything like aliens to me :rolleyes:

I will not explain away things as you say, I seek alternative explanations that are more likely than the alien theory. If there aren't any other I label the object UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) , that however does NOT make it an alien spacecraft.
You will and you just did.
If an alien would show up on my camera than why would I try to claim it is a basketball flying in space? Is that really the best explanation you'd think I'd come up with? If I did see an alien I would probably not jump on conclusions, rather study it and then determine it's origin.
Because you would. Had he stood in front of you, you would have tried to come up with a conclusion that works "best". Like something as silly as a basketball (which you never should have taken literally)
And how do you know, except for the things he said that he saw an alien spacecraft?
Can you be 100% sure that he saw what he said in the video?
He probably saw unicorns. Again, use some logical thinking here instead of trying to dodge the obvious thing he said. this is what i mean by the basket ball thing.

You will and you just did.

How is seeking alternative explanations explaining away things?

Because you would. Had he stood in front of you, you would have tried to come up with a conclusion that works "best". Like something as silly as a basketball (which you never should have taken literally)

As a skeptic I naturally question things, but if actually faced by a real alien I am pretty sure I would question, study and watch it until I could begin to comprehend what it is.

He probably saw unicorns. Again, use some logical thinking here instead of trying to dodge the obvious thing he said. this is what i mean by the basket ball thing.

The obvious thing he said was that he saw an alien spacecraft. Does that mean he actually saw one? We don't know that.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 196 67.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 127 43.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 134 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 57 19.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 79 27.1%
Back