V-WTCC by SimBin Studios and Eurosport Events

vwtccrelease2.jpg

Eurosport and SimBin Studios are proud to announce V-WTCC, the Virtual World Touring Car Championship.
A unique motor sport concept combining the best out of two worlds: the FIA WTCC and the SimBin game RACE 07 online and on site.
During five semi-finals held at the European WTCC events, gamers will fight on site for a seat in the Grand Finale at the FIA WTCC race meeting in Monza.
Just like WTCC the virtual counterpart V-WTCC will be broadcast on Eurosport within the youth-oriented programme BUZZ.
Each round will kick off with an online pre-qualifying period and all current and future RACE 07 owners will have instant access from the game menu to the in-game registration for V-WTCC.
Make sure to stay tuned for more information about pre-qualifying and opening of the virtual paddock.

Source: FIA WTCC

• Kim Van Der Stichelen

I think that's it for me. A full second is just a bit to much. I'll keep trying though :p

Bram ... I stole a few minutes to do a couple of laps to check things are ok, again nothing spectacular, but my times are still not showing up :confused:
(gotta shoot now but will check to see if you have any suggestions later - was on server #5 this time ... guess its my end though eh :rolleyes: ... will delete blob files and restart steam to see if that helps)

Lee are you sure you are driving the V-WTCC server and not RD STATS server?

:laugh: ... sorry to disappoint but yeah, I am 1000% sure its not the RD stats servers ... I am entering via the V-WTCC Competition (same as Anderstorp and Oschersleben and the others before) ... I get a list of about ten V-WTCC servers, can only select the Chevvy, the Nordschleife loads and everything is as I would expect, after which I have run just two laps on each occasion I have tried ... my times are just not taken from the server to the timing website :confused:

Not that I am expecting to be high in the rankings, just nice to have a record that I actually existed :D

Will try again soon and let you know what happens after I delete the "blob" files ... :rolleyes:

Wow, thought i'd give this a try just to find out how fast i really am ( i'm somewhat of a noob when it comes to online racing).
Boy these guys move fast, i'm currently 19th.
Great event though, hope there will be more evnts like this.

Cheers Marcel

:p @ Bram :D

I know its still relatively slow, but recorded my first sub 6:40 lap tonight (all driving aids off) ... which was nice :thumb:

Was on a server tonight and watched a guy doing 6:2X's ... but from the twitchy way he was steering, and the way the car was handling, I am fairly certain he had all/most of the driving aids on and was using a joypad or keys.

Nothing against this if that's how you want to do it, as it part of the rules in the competition but ... I am too much of a purist at heart, and just can't seem bring myself to use any driving aids, even though I know I may save myself a chunk of time. :rolleyes:

I just want to know that I did it though, and that I was not helped by "the electronics" of the car ...
Am curious as to what other people do and think on this one (as long as this is not considered "off topic"?) ...

Very ontopic :): this question has been asked to us several times this season. My only answer: if you think the guy in front is faster with driving aids then you: use them too!

But i am almost certain that the topclass drivers won't use them at all or maybe a little ABS on the brakes. Compare the toptimes at V-WTCC with Marko Hartikainen's time at the RD 24/7 hotlap server (without aids). Probably Marko drove his lap with one alien hand because his Lister Storm (GTP) time is almost faster and the Chevy X should be quicker

Yeah i just came from the server where the guy in front was setting a new fastest time and he's definitly using the driver aids.
My only question though: doesn't this give sort of a distorted picture?
I mean i'm driving without assists, and i think i'm doing rather nicely (for a noob), but i think i can never beat the guys upfront.
So is this where die-hard simracing goes out the window and shouldn't we have a seperated competition? One with driving aids available and one without....
Maybe for the next V-....

Grts Marcel

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%