V8 Stock Cars Clutch and push-to-pass

Hey,

I have two questions: I upgraded my pedals from standard DFGT to Fanatec CSR Elite and now that I have a clutch I want to use it. :) I think the Brasilian Stock Cars can be upshifted clutchless and only downshifts need the clutch. (as was discussed in an olter thread http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/brazilian-stock-car-real-onboard.53094/) So I wonder if this is the same ingame, or if my gearbox will blow up if I upshift without clutch? I drove a few lap in this style and all seemed fine, but I want to know if this causes damage over a langer time?

And second I wondered if the AI uses the push-to-pass option? I never noticed them doing it and I don't want to have an advantage, so I never used it too.

A lot of games have tranny wear/damage exp. iracing & rre
I have the same pedals and use a sequential shifter with auto clutch disabled I don't use the clutch at all, I just blip the throttle when shifting up & down and have never had an issue with games that use this engine (rf1/r07/gsc2013)

GSC doesn't simulate any damage from not using the clutch. You can use it all the race (for immersion purposes only) or during start/spins to avoid loosing grip or stalling the engine.

Some titles/mods (like Historic GT, from HistorX) simulates the proper use of clutch, even being based on rFactor engine.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%