Vietnam Secures 2020 F1 Spot + First Drive Video

long straits with lots of drafting, may see some overtaking here. but i guess they will put in a few chicanes in to stop that from happening. warm and humid most likely rain showers, engines blowing up, could be some good racing for the mid to back teams. will have to wait and see. could use one of those trike taxis for a pace car.

Looks really interesting, though I have to say the straights are mighty long... flip the Aero kits and they could gain enough velocity to take off from them. The rest of the track looks pretty cool though actually, look at those curves in the back section! For a street circuit, it certainly has a bit of natural-ness to it.

Another really stupid move like the deceased circuit in South Korea!
:confused:
I doubt the interest in F1 exists in Vietnam, if so it would only appeal to the minority moneyed class.
Last time I visited for the Long tan memorial service the general population was not doing that well, but they were getting by with the usual Vietnamese optimism.
Different to my previous 'visits' in 1967-1969-1970-1973.............!

He's Vietnamese .__.
That's a Vietnamese name
I get that and have nothing against Vietnam, one of my long time friend actually comes from there, Tri Duong.
My point was more that every disagree on the first page until then was done by him which is a bit unnecessary or trolling if you want.
The track still looks boring and flat but let's see, I could be wrong.

I see F1 is again going the way of Indycar with those catch fences. Those are driver-killers.
With all the land available in Vietnam, they couldn't come up with a dedicated circuit with proper, safe run-off areas?
Wonder in spite of Spa' high speed why the number of deaths there is not through the roof and racing is good?
Guys can take chances, knowing if it all goes wrong they're not going to end up like Wickens....in a wheelchair.

With the close walls of a street circuit, long high speed straights, hairpins and twisty sectors and little to no run off area, prepare for red flags,safety cars and loads of carnage.

Not a bad thing as the driving skills of the driver really will come into play and really be tested in some sections of the track.

My biggest problem with the track that it is copying corners from other tracks. Why can't they just do their own thing? The straight sections could be shorter too, with a chikane or something.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%