Virginia International Raceway

Tracks Virginia International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi @Albert McSaltens
Thanks fo rthe input. :)

I will say that turn 5 is a very weird turn IRL. You don't realize how off-camber it is until you lift and feel the rear end lose more traction than you are expecting. I've seen many street and race cars lose it there. In fact, when the track got wet the other weekend, it was almost comical watching every other GS/ST car driving off into the grass at that turn. :D

As far as 2/3, I can also see some camber changes in this dashcam video
(not mine), but would honestly be surprised if it matched up perfectly, since we aren't laser-scanned. But looks pretty good to me.
The Turn 3 apex is my most-missed. So hard for me to hit that one correctly IRL. Feels like a tractor beam is pulling me away from it. Might have something to do with some camber, but probably a lot more to do with my awkward positioning after Turn 2.

All of that said, watching the videos side-by-side, I don't see anything that jumps out as totally wrong. It feels good to me vs my experience (which is by no means definitive, but I did jump into AC ASAP after my real track sessions). More importantly, I put a much more experienced VIR racer/driver in my seat, and he didn't mention anything about those particular turns being wrong. In fact I was paying close attention to him going into the Snake because it is so tricky, and he said to himself "Yep. There it is."

We'll never get things 100% correct, but I feel very very good about how this VIR drives.

(keep FOV differences in mind for these comparisons)
View attachment 152156
View attachment 152157

I'ld like to add that my friend was very impressed with our VIR, but he was also amazed by Assetto Corsa. Kept saying he couldn't believe how real the handling felt. So, good job Kunos as well. :)
Hi
What Weather do you use,is it default:unsure:

My brain simply won't turn on; I have found a few of these:
iMvmQ4i.jpg

But I have no idea where any kind of code to unlock things are.

Oh boy, I went on an exploratory mission because I saw an road heading out of the pits and got curious... ended up bumbling into a nice looking house a couple miles down the road. Wow, the detail in this track is just next level. :D

I tried to find that villa spot today. Used the free cam just zooming around looking at stuff when I found it.
Was a FPS like feeling, almost expected an achievement "You Found the Villa":D

Great shot!

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 461 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 282 42.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 305 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 179 27.2%
Back