Visor View Mod

I'm not using it, your mod is very good, is the best of the released, but it increases slightly the use of vga, and have heat problems here at home, is a furnace, but I no longer use, and even so the visor does not work, I'll try reducing the graphics options and then I say

edit : did not work, only if the problem is windows 8, tomorrow I see in windows 7
This MOD only works on DX11. Maybe, win 8 is problem, as Roberto said. But I'm not sure because I don't have win 8.

Roberto, thank you. I'll look at the file.

Edit: It seems other api hook program has same problem on win 8. I found no solution after search web. Maybe, compatible mode or security option will help to solve problem.

Thanks for this mod. It's brilliant!!

I have started altering my visors for triple screen aspect ratio and in the process I discovered that TT-mode won't function unless all car folders are in place. I had to create all the car folders even though most of them were emtpy before the mod worked.

Thanks again for the mod. It's given this game a much better feel and it's now like GP4 for me. :)

Edit: BTW, in car cameras file in F1 2011 there was:
<Parameter name="bump_interval " type="scalar"...
<Parameter name="bump_nonbumplevel" type="scalar"...

These values changed headshake over bumps

and

<Parameter name="windSpeed" type="scalar"

changed headshake at speed.

Not sue if same applies for 2012.

Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you !
I love this mod ! Great Job ! Fantastic !
Please let it me say in german : Vielen vielen Dank, großartig, fantastisch !
or with words from Christian Horner : "WELL DONE ! GOOD JOB, Tommi !":thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have started altering my visors for triple screen aspect ratio and in the process I discovered that TT-mode won't function unless all car folders are in place. I had to create all the car folders even though most of them were emtpy before the mod worked.
Really? I have no problem with missing sub-directories. I don't know what's causing it. Could you narrow the condition for not working as expected?

OK. Well, I can now delete sub directories and it works fine. I don't know why it didn't first time around.

Thanks so much for a great mod!

I'm very sorry. I added figure of each mode file structure, please re-download from new link at original post. d3d11.dll doesn't change from first one.

Then the problem "maybe" its the Windows 8.
Anyway, you can look into your documents folder, on the F1 2012 folder inside the documents folder you can see the hardware config file, take a look at it, there's an option forceDX10="?" Its its enable, turn it to false and see if it works.
Lets say i share your problems of temperature. My VGA max temp was 83ºC yesterday :mad:

You can try the SweetFX effects, it uses DX 11, and i haven't noticed any drop in FPS. ;)
I had seen it, is set to false, should be "Windows 8" :thumbsup:

Sorry but i've one question. In the last screenshot of Tommi-Tag's mod is the open-visor to see in Team-box, but in my game there isn't. But otherwise the mod works great.
What can (must) i do to see it in Box ?

EDIT : ok, i see it. The Thing is that you see it in Team-Box only if the car drives out. if you are stand and wait you see it not.

Hello.
Thanks for kind comments, everyoen :)

* First, I have to apologize I missed out the credit to Thimoty Decrans for his original Leather Visor texture base on SHIFT 2 (by SMS).
I completely missed out it and it was my mistake. I'm really sorry.

And thanks to Thimoty for his kind consideration for me.
Soon I've edited my post, Readme and .PSD and re-uploaded it.
If there is any other missing credit or problem, please let me know.
I'll edit and fix it as soon as I can.

* And once again, I sincerely appreciate everyone for kind messages.
All thanks to the original authors and everbody's supports here at RD.
I also feel really happy to be a member of this great community :) !

Awesome guys ! Thank you very much ! :)
7zip says "cannot be opened as an archive" -.-
Thanks for your suggestion, Nicolas.
I've uploaded ".Zip" version to my post too :)

Awesome mod, thanks to all involved!
Not to be picky but I think it could be slightly improved by some air bubbles trapped in the tear-offs and to make it look like you're actually looking through a visor. The visibility when the visor down is almost identical/not noticeable to when it's up.
Thanks for your suggestion, iammx.
I agree with you. The transparency of the visors has been an interesting topic since GP4. And it's also a matter of likes and dislikes too. So, I included .PSD so that everyone will be able to edit his/her favorite visor colors and transparency.
And I'd like to share modding information about this topic with everyone from now on too :)

Superb. Well done. If only codemasters could employ you all and get rid of some the guys who just don't try to come up with beter things then F1 2013 would be the best yet. The replay system is what needs working on now in my opinion. I know some of the tracks have been done to have a more TV race view but we need them all.

It's only getting better folks. Thanks god we have PC's and not restrictive consoles. My son has the game on his xbox and when he see's this on my PC he just feels like throwing his xbox into the trash.
Thanks for comment and I have the same immpressions, Andy.
Exactly we need TV style replays :)

Nice!! Are you going to update for new verison of visor mod so that we can switch between different teams visors
Thanks for your suggestion, f1superracer.
I'd like to update the sub-directory of my files according to kenken's future updates if I can :)

Sorry but i've one question. In the last screenshot of Tommi-Tag's mod is the open-visor to see in Team-box, but in my game there isn't. But otherwise the mod works great.

What can (must) i do to see it in Box ?

EDIT : ok, i see it. The Thing is that you see it in Team-Box only if the car drives out. if you are stand and wait you see it not.
Thank for comment, camopi.
It was a bit confusing, sorry. And yes I captured the pit scenes with Fraps and picked up the frame just before the drive out :)

This is test version for advanced users and visor texture creators.

It's added multi texture feature. Please read README.

Edit:

The visor auto selection can be implemented for quick race and career at this point, but this plan is postponed until I found better solution for all game mode.

Edit 2:

I added figure of each mode file structure, please download from new link. Sorry.

http://www.mediafire.com/?j28oz9lf99w6af1
Thanks for the test version as always, kenken.
I'd like to try it out from now and look forward to the next update :)

Tommi-TAG Thanks for all your work, downloading now and can't wait to test it :). BTW What cockpit cams are you using in the screenshots?
Thanks for your kind comment, WillsB3.
I used my previously posted "Nose Cam & Cockpit Cam with HUD" for my screenshots.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/nose-cam-cockpit-cam-with-hud-no-look-to-apex.57310/

After this post, I updated my Camera Mod personally (added "Look to Apex 2.0000" version) and you can download Ver.1.1 here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?84z3q9ibwlryzc8

Currently, I'm enjoying various great Camera Mods by many authors.
And I'm glad if you like my Camera Mod too.
Thank you :)

I saw a mistake in visor.The raindrops are inside.Please can you fix it ? THX:thumbsup:

Edit: My mistake. I read the first post to late. SORRY !

Wow..... This mod + T46D's texture is pretty damn awesome. Thanks so much to both of you!

I rarely use the cockpit cam, but when it looks like this I think that might change; at least for career anyway.
831E08A6F10A00E909E22BC3ECA071655F87EAF4

I love this helmet visor view wished i could make it mine :(

It wont inject for me after i placed dds and dll file into f12012 main folder. I think its not injecting so does anyone have a good dll injector i could use please?

all works very well here.
thank you

I just have one question.

can you put two texture visor for same team?

example: mc2 --- 1close, 2close, open
to have a visor for rain and sun
Like chrome and clear? Technically speaking, I can add texture as much as we want, but I don't think it's elegant solution for just changing color.

I have a solution without using another texture, But I have one question. How many people want this feature?

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 44 30.3%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 25 17.2%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 3 2.1%