Visor View Mod

By Thimoty Decrans's suggestion, I'm thinking to modify for allowing to change texture by key when player switches car in-game.

The file structure of visor texture will be changed as follows.
  1. All textures put into 'Visor Mod' directory.
  2. (One texture for all team) If visor.dds and visoropen.dds exist in 'Visor Mod' directory, game will load only this one pair of textures.
  3. (individual texture for each team) All texture will load from sub-directories and player can choose by key('Page Up' and 'Page Down'). The name of sub-directories for each team are as same as for car texture.
I want to hear your opinion, especially, visor texture creater's.

It seems everyone has no objection for changing texture file structure. So I'll proceed this to implement.

Oh, No one needs safety car sub-directory, right?

What to you actually mean by that? :confused:
Which sub directory?
Just because the SC will work soon? :cry:
As I mentioned in quote, it'll allow us to change visor texture in-game. And sub-dir means directories for each team's visor texture.
No SC sub-dir means no one will drive SC with visor. It's nothing to do with your SC mod. Actually, I'm looking forward to your SC mod.

It seems illegal copy problem completely disrupted our discussion.

As I mentioned in quote, it'll allow us to change visor texture in-game. And sub-dir means directories for each team's visor texture.
No SC sub-dir means no one will drive SC with visor. It's nothing to do with your SC mod. Actually, I'm looking forward to your SC mod.

It seems illegal copy problem completely disrupted our discussion.
Oh man! :redface:
Got it all wrong! :roflmao:
I thought that you would need to use the SC directory to do the changes, by that i thought something like the SC without textures :roflmao:
Sorry about that. Then, completely no objections. At least, for me, i don't really want to drive the SC, i just want to see it deployed :D

SC mod is giving me some headaches, but im trying to get there. Trying to find the script that changes the SC behaviour. The crap SC is only deployed after lap 4, CM and their crazy stuff :roflmao:

I Install This Game with DVD.. Is the DVD The Standar patch?

What do you mean. The DVD is un-patched. It installs through Steam anyway, so Steam will update the game for you.

Anyway, Back on topic. kenken Looking forward to the next updates regarding a visor per team. It would also be great to see if the visor can shake like the OSD if you ever find the time to figure it out. I wish there was more of us that could help you but I fear that the level of stuff you are doing is beyond many of us (No-offense intended to anyone - I'm also at a loss regarding Kenkens crazy skills!)

About shake effect:

It just pops up in my head. When OSD shakes, suspensions move long distance at high velocity. Low velocity short distance movement never cause shake effect, right?

If so, implementation of shake effect is easier than I thought.

About shake effect:

It just pops up in my head. When OSD shakes, suspensions move long distance at high velocity. Low velocity short distance movement never cause shake effect, right?

If so, implementation of shake effect is easier than I thought.

Not sure, I wonder if the HUD shakes on track under heavy breaking/acceleration too. I can't check at the moment as I'm not near my pc. What should we try ingame to prove/disprove your theory?

Where i can find this one Andy. Pls.

Its from Rfactor or GTR2. I found it by google search. I can't release it as a mod texture because it does not belong to me. But if no one objects I could release it and a few more along with the DX file that allows use of the visor mod. But would need permission first.

Not sure, I wonder if the HUD shakes on track under heavy breaking/acceleration too. I can't check at the moment as I'm not near my pc. What should we try ingame to prove/disprove your theory?
Does OSD also shake under high longitudinal acceleration? I never seen before probably because of I use default cam.

It's just an idea, so you don't need to prove my theory. But if you have free time, finding out condition of shake will be big help for this.

Does OSD also shake under high longitudinal acceleration? I never seen before probably because of I use default cam.

It's just an idea, so you don't need to prove my theory. But if you have free time, finding out condition of shake will be big help for this.

Ill take a look when I'm home later and try and make some videos :)

Its from Rfactor or GTR2. I found it by google search. I can't release it as a mod texture because it does not belong to me. But if no one objects I could release it and a few more along with the DX file that allows use of the visor mod. But would need permission first.
Ok Thanks for your answer.

Yes it's a great thread and a shining example how we all appreciate each others work and the kindness in sharing around here. Keep it up guys.:thumbsup:
Looking forward to your mod release Tommi. Can't wait.
I have decided after trying various visor views that this one that I experimented with is the best for me. I love racing with this view. It's less restrictive whilst giving the all important visor viewpoint. Clear and works well with the realistic driving view mod from Kalaroost.

new2.jpg
Thanks for your kind words, Andy.
I have the same feeling as you and I really appreciate everyone here.
And your pics look really great. I've read about the permission, and if it will be ok I'm looking forward to driving with these visor views too :)

It seems everyone has no objection for changing texture file structure. So I'll proceed this to implement.
Oh, No one needs safety car sub-directory, right?
Thanks for your development and future plan, kenken.
I've not come up with the idea, it will be a completely new experience for me to drive SC with Visor View lol
So, SC sub-directory is a nice idea :thumbsup:

Carl Hughes can you make me the mclaren sponsor like visor ,i like your work you did with pirelli sponsor :) thanks in advance
Hello, wildchildlevi.
Carl kindly shared his templates for us. And I'm working on all teams' visors based on Carl, Rini & T46D templates (please check my previous post in this thread)
The files are almost done and hopefully I'll post it here in this thread later today.
Thank you :)

And your pics look really great. I've read about the permission, and if it will be ok I'm looking forward to driving with these visor views too :)
/quote]

Yes, no problems. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your development and future plan, kenken.
I've not come up with the idea, it will be a completely new experience for me to drive SC with Visor View lol
So, SC sub-directory is a nice idea :thumbsup:

Hello, wildchildlevi.
Carl kindly shared his templates for us. And I'm working on all teams' visors based on Carl, Rini & T46D templates (please check my previous post in this thread)
The files are almost done and hopefully I'll post it here in this thread later today.
Thank you :)
i thank you guys for make this game more realistic for us who dont have your talent of moding

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 44 30.3%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 25 17.2%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 3 2.1%