Visor View Mod

kenken

Here's the results from running the test dll on my game. Tested under Windows 7 x64
2013-01-31_00001.jpg

Note that I'm using a camera mod so the camera names aren't standard.

from what I see, every pc works differently with this DLL

Hey kenken,

I'll let you know tomorrow of the test with your newest .dll
Today I will find no time for that as I'm wirting an university exam tomorrow...

Thanks again for your work and effort in finding the problem. Great support :thumbsup:
No problem. Good luck.
kenken

Here's the results from running the test dll on my game. Tested under Windows 7 x64
2013-01-31_00001.jpg

Note that I'm using a camera mod so the camera names aren't standard.
Thanks. I'm searching another memory address path. I'll upload new check dll, when it's done.
By the way, just curious. I didn't check all cam mod, but altering cam tag name is usual way for cam mod?
from what I see, every pc works differently with this DLL
That's why I need to test this RC. These depend on which address is allocated to dynamic allocated memory. Practically, these even change by memory consumptions or memory fragmentation.

Actually, this is the hardest part of this MOD, the rest are relatively quite easy. Furthermore, I can't do this without others help. Fortunately, you guys are helping me. I really appreciate your help.

But at the same time, RC file was downloaded over 80 times. Sadly, it's the truth of this test. It's a quite shame.

No problem. Good luck.

Thanks. I'm searching another memory address path. I'll upload new check dll, when it's done.
By the way, just curious. I didn't check all cam mod, but altering cam tag name is usual way for cam mod?

That's why I need to test this RC. These depend on which address is allocated to dynamic allocated memory. Practically, these even change by memory consumptions or memory fragmentation.

Actually, this is the hardest part of this MOD, the rest are relatively quite easy. Furthermore, I can't do this without others help. Fortunately, you guys are helping me. I really appreciate your help.

But at the same time, RC file was downloaded over 80 times. Sadly, it's the truth of this test. It's a quite shame.

of those 80 times, I downloaded 10 times, for not remembering where I put heheheheh but is boring even, I think it does not cost, people give their feedback, next year everyone will want again, but to support and help the modder is complicated :(

Today I go back to work, was on holiday, but soon the night, I can test what you provide

New check dll is ready. Sorry to trouble you again. Please try again with this one. For Cam, all items read value from completely new address. For Team, item 0 to 10 are identical to valid items of old one(vlasovas's and WillsB3's results), the others read from new address.

Met_fan, please ignore old check dll and try this new one.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qny53r8rov1112n
Hey mate, I can't check the new version until sometime tomorrow as I'm not home. Ill let you know the results as soon as I can.

New check dll is ready. Sorry to trouble you again. Please try again with this one. For Cam, all items read value from completely new address. For Team, item 0 to 10 are identical to valid items of old one(vlasovas's and WillsB3's results), the others read from new address.

Met_fan, please ignore old check dll and try this new one.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qny53r8rov1112n

ok, first photos are windows 8, soon I see in windows 7, as you will see in the photos, now he finds the name of each exchange camera!
he seems to identify them all correctly, see the name of the photos to identify the teams, not written in the photos because it would take too long, and I'm testing the new pirelli

WINDOWS 8

http://www.mediafire.com/?0r2bdl9dm45mfe7

windows 7 also, recognized in all cameras, including duplicate camera of the cockpit showing the kers information , the OSD mod by ryder 25
however as there is always something different, some strange characters appeared in a few lines, see photos

WINDOWS 7
http://www.mediafire.com/?mm96i9o68o04jwv

Hi guys. First of all, thank you all modders for this awesome feature which is the visor mod + textures. I would like to make my own using Tommi-TAG Visor Template but in game I can't see the road: I still have a white or black screen instead of the track. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem ? Thank you.

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=393954Capturepleincran01022013221521.jpg
One thing you should remember, no one knows how you did or which tools you used, unless you describe these. From given information, I can only say dds file has no alpha channel. That means you did something wrong at converting stage.
Its not working for me, Ive checked my patch etc. but just to be clear, a new directory means new file in F1 2012 folder right?
Your post has no information to solve your problem. If you really want to solve, At least, you should write which os you use, which graphics card you use and you already applied patch 12 or not.

Hey mate, I can't check the new version until sometime tomorrow as I'm not home. Ill let you know the results as soon as I can.
No problem.
ok, first photos are windows 8, soon I see in windows 7, as you will see in the photos, now he finds the name of each exchange camera!
he seems to identify them all correctly, see the name of the photos to identify the teams, not written in the photos because it would take too long, and I'm testing the new pirelli

WINDOWS 8

http://www.mediafire.com/?0r2bdl9dm45mfe7

windows 7 also, recognized in all cameras, including duplicate camera of the cockpit showing the kers information , the OSD mod by ryder 25
however as there is always something different, some strange characters appeared in a few lines, see photos

WINDOWS 7
http://www.mediafire.com/?mm96i9o68o04jwv
Thanks. For Cam, item 7 and 11 are valid. And results of Team are identical to Met_fan's result. I hope WillsB3's result of Cam shows that item 7 and 11 are valid, at least one of them.

One thing you should remember, no one knows how you did or which tools you used, unless you describe these. From given information, I can only say dds file has no alpha channel. That means you did something wrong at converting stage.

Of course, I'm sorry. I'm using Photoshop CS. I just opened Tommy-Tag's visors templates with that software and edited it. Then I have saved it as a JPEG file, and converted it as a DDS file by using "Easy2Convert" software. Renamed it "close.dds" and putted the file into my game visors folder.

Of course, I'm sorry. I'm using Photoshop CS. I just opened Tommy-Tag's visors templates with that software and edited it. Then I have saved it as a JPEG file, and converted it as a DDS file by using "Easy2Convert" software. Renamed it "close.dds" and putted the file into my game visors folder.
Your problem is that you saved image as jpeg. Jpeg format has no alpha channel. You should save as png with alpha channel.

[quote="kenken, post: 1357001, member: 29704"Your post has no information to solve your problem. If you really want to solve, At least, you should write which os you use, which graphics card you use and you already applied patch 12 or not.[/quote]
Ok, i got patch 12, Vista 64bit, DX11 and GeForce 210.

Great mod.

I have the latest version and I can't seem to clear the dirt, I've read what the button is for it but it's not working. Could it be possible to have the key bindings set in the settings.ini?

Ok, i got patch 12, Vista 64bit, DX11 and GeForce 210.
GeForce 210 is DX10.1 generation card. That means this mod never work.
Great mod.

I have the latest version and I can't seem to clear the dirt, I've read what the button is for it but it's not working. Could it be possible to have the key bindings set in the settings.ini?
The latest version is 1.2 and 1.2 has no dirt effect and no tearoff key binding. If you said 1.3RC is latest, you are completely wrong. 1.3 RC is only for testing next release. Obviously, you didn't read our discussion about 1.3RC test. I think that you used 1.3RC for non-test purpose. I'm sorry but I have no intention to answer the question to such person.

The latest version is 1.2 and 1.2 has no dirt effect and no tearoff key binding. If you said 1.3RC is latest, you are completely wrong. 1.3 RC is only for testing next release. Obviously, you didn't read our discussion about 1.3RC test. I think that you used 1.3RC for non-test purpose. I'm sorry but I have no intention to answer the question to such person.
Yes I meant 1.3RC. What disqualifies me using in a normal situation in game from being a form of testing?
To be honest I don't have much of an idea what it is being tested for. All see is a discussion about camera names and team number values.

I'm sorry if I bothered you by asking about a feature mentioned in the readme and I'm sorry for apparently not using it for testing purposes when I'm using it for the core reason why it was created.

Yes I meant 1.3RC. What disqualifies me using in a normal situation in game from being a form of testing?
To be honest I don't have much of an idea what it is being tested for. All see is a discussion about camera names and team number values.

I'm sorry if I bothered you by asking about a feature mentioned in the readme and I'm sorry for apparently not using it for testing purposes when I'm using it for the core reason why it was created.
Let make this clear, I have no intention to insult you or attack you.

Release candidate means final testing for making sure this MOD works on users system. And I wrote in RC announcement post, it clearly stated 'This version is only for testing.' If you can't understand what's purpose of this test, you should not use RC. In fact, tearoff key binding issue was reported and already fixed. I already uploaded fixed version. You didn't even know this fact.

For cam or team number discussion is that we are trying to fix 'auto team selection' and 'texture displayed only in cockpit view' options on users system. If you read that discussion, you might understand what we are talking about.

Based on your posts, I think you also didn't know about dirt effect bug in race. If you were the author of MOD, how do you feel on post like yours? How do you respond to person who ask about test version but know nothing about test?

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 258 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 208 27.4%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 143 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 63 8.3%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.4%