VWSR S3: Virtual World Series by Renault (Clio)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just sum up what went wrong today.

1. I was having this weird lag I have never really had which slowed me so I rebooted the game before qualifying.
2. In qualifying I was doing a top-8 time but failed the last sector. Result P15.
3. rFactor didn't work in the last minutes of qualifying and I had to re-launch the game.
4. After rebooting before qualifying I didn't of course check my fuel (dismissing Aleksi's suggestion to do so) before qualifying so I only had 7 litres in the tank before race.
5. I couldn't choose how much fuel the pit crew would put in my car so they put 54l. I could choose not to change tyres though.
6. I hadn't tried the car with that much fuel and me being everything but fast-adapting the car was quite hard to handle. Plus Alsabti & co. were quick to catch me which made my driving even more error prone not being comfortable in the car and having to keep an eye in the mirrors. The best part in being lapped is still that the drawing distance is so bad. Have to apologise @José Almeida for being a noob. I didn't see a car in the mirror but suddenly there was a handful.
7. My steering wheel went off soon after and the car wouldn't turn anymore so I had to DNF R1.
8. In race 2 there was again a lot of lag for me and it wasn't enjoyable to lose 0,5s on every straight for no reason.

Better luck next time...

had a great time tonight, esoecially on the first round were i had some figths with other cars, but it was all clean. On the second race i missed the last xcorner on the first lap and went off, rigth on Kivela's car, had a lot of damage and had to pit to repair it and lost two laps, i ended up in 19th place due to some dnf's

When I finally succeed in qualifying, I mess it up in the race. In the first race I spinned twice in T6 when fighting for positions. No contact on both occasions so I can only blame myself. In the end 10th place wasn't so bad, but it could have been a few places better.

In 2nd race I spin in the same god damn corner and manage to stall the engine. I was just sitting on the grass looking cars go by when Rui Martins collected me and that was the end of his race. Really sorry for that. Finishing 16th didn't bring much comfort but looking the way Tapio's event went, I could hear Jeremy Clarkson in my head saying "Still, could be worse". :p

Great results tonight for both myself personally and for MadCape as a team. Hani was on fire yet again and fully deserved 2 wins. Congratulations! Really pleased with 2 consistent results and another podium to add to the collection in race 2. Good fight with Tamas towards the end.

I personally would like to see the standing starts back for the next rounds as it killed most of the battles up front, but I'm still having a blast and really enjoy the races tonight. Massive thanks to Xavier once again for putting on a great event, and to everyone who participated.

See you next time :)

Quite nice Race overall. But in my Opinion the reason why everything went that well is the Track. It's just nearly impossible to pass if the other is pretty even on speed. There are not so much corners where you can get really close. Red Zone is in my Opinion not needed. I mean everyone SHOULD know, that the race is about 20 Minutes and not about 3 corners.

We should have a look at it in the next Race, the Track got more meaningfullness.

Personally im a bit disappointed, Hany was just a little bit too fast. Even more frustrating that he got Pole and 5 Points by just 12 thousands again :mad: (last Event it was kinda the same thing)

But congratulation to him, he made no mistakes ;)
Looking forward to Mid-Ohio. Love that Track. Hope I can find there 2 tenths more to be on top :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%