Watkins Glen International

Tracks Watkins Glen International 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
For those playing vanilla AC without night mods and only wish for the regular 4 non endurance/daily versions, is it enough to delete the _end files/folders inside the track folder, or there will be some external shader files left unused that can be removed too? Thanks very much for this update, the track is looking gorgeous.

The custom shader is the same from the monaco so if you already have it installed you don't need it. If you overwrite it then that is fine too. It is required whether you use the light mod or not. But also is used with the lights mod if that makes sense.
I'm with you, will it alter car skins as well? I had a lot of artifacts on my skins when I tried that shader mod, I'm sure it is due to something I did wrong when I made them with my very limited understanding of that stuff but I don't want to break a load of my skins especially if this is more of a permanent overwrite than enabling that shader mod with JSGME... or maybe tracks can be installed with JSGME also? If so I can just disable Watkins when I'm not using it I guess.

For those playing vanilla AC without night mods and only wish for the regular 4 non endurance/daily versions, is it enough to delete the _end files/folders inside the track folder, or there will be some external shader files left unused that can be removed too? Thanks very much for this update, the track is looking gorgeous.
Yeah you can just delete the end layouts if you want. The only other folder you won't need is the extensions folder if you don't care for night.

I'm with you, will it alter car skins as well? I had a lot of artifacts on my skins when I tried that shader mod, I'm sure it is due to something I did wrong when I made them with my very limited understanding of that stuff but I don't want to break a load of my skins especially if this is more of a permanent overwrite than enabling that shader mod with JSGME... or maybe tracks can be installed with JSGME also? If so I can just disable Watkins when I'm not using it I guess.
The shader just sits in with the rest of the stock shaders. Only the track will use it or the monaco. Everything else will ignore that custom shader.

I think some confusion is the relation between one custom shader and ilja's shader mod. They are not linked in any way.

The shader just sits in with the rest of the stock shaders. Only the track will use it or the monaco. Everything else will ignore that custom shader.

I think some confusion is the relation between one custom shader and ilja's shader mod. They are not linked in any way.
The placebo is strong with me! I opened some cars in showroom right after installing Stereo's shader mod and thought I noticed a bunch of artifacts in the paint so I disabled it and went back to showroom and it looked like they were gone :cautious: Maybe I just set the sun angle different and it showed up artifacts more because of that. Thanks for the help :)

It's looking really nice at night time! It's great to see lights in some of the RV's and stuff as well as the main lights. I'm going to have to set up a night race here soon on the server :thumbsup:

The placebo is strong with me! I opened some cars in showroom right after installing Stereo's shader mod and thought I noticed a bunch of artifacts in the paint so I disabled it and went back to showroom and it looked like they were gone :cautious: Maybe I just set the sun angle different and it showed up artifacts more because of that. Thanks for the help :)

I just looked and the Monaco doesn't actually use this shader. I assumed it did since he used it as an example on the shader download page. So whatever may have happened before shouldn't happen with this.

So basically what this shader does is has an option for an emissive channel. I use this for the lights on the scoreboards for the daytime.

For the nighttime it lights up the Sonoco signs, RV windows, and some building windows like on the bathrooms. This allows a cheap low impact way to light stuff up without killing frames with extra lights.

I just looked and the Monaco doesn't actually use this shader. I assumed it did since he used it as an example on the shader download page. So whatever may have happened before shouldn't happen with this.

So basically what this shader does is has an option for an emissive channel. I use this for the lights on the scoreboards for the daytime.

For the nighttime it lights up the Sonoco signs, RV windows, and some building windows like on the bathrooms. This allows a cheap low impact way to light stuff up without killing frames with extra lights.
That makes sense and those building/vehicle lights are a really nice touch IMO. Especially good if the method you used is more performance friendly. I installed your entire mod to my MODS folder (apart from the extension for the x4fab lights patch) and it seemed to work fine so if anyone does have any reservations about the shader they could do the same and enable with JSGME. Not that it seems there is any need to based on what you said about Stereo's shader mod, I was just curious to try installing a track like that as I normally dump them in content>tracks.

Yeah you can just delete the end layouts if you want. The only other folder you won't need is the extensions folder if you don't care for night.
Thanks!
Just to report: the longer boot layout runs amazingly well on my old OC'd PhII x4 and OC'd 2GB HD7870 with a 15 AI sorted GT3 grid. Not even in the first lap it goes more than one frame or two under the 59fps cap, and no points of the track seem prone for frame dips near flowing AI traffic, even with maximum details and more than needed apps on screen (meaning awesome draw calls for weaker systems and vram usage).
On this low dpi 22" 1680x1050 monitor (ingame AA4x AF8x), the high wire fences are perfect regarding aliasing and mip-mapping, and even on the blue railings (which I presume were a pain) the aliasing effect is very subdued. *thumbs up*

Installed via CM, at night I have the scoreboard lights and some twinkling lights on the blimp, that's it. Clearly I've made a wrong turn somewhere, lolz

I'd be interested to know which car/skins, it does have some small artifacts on the Monaco (I think because of dxt5 compression on maps texture isn't great, the reflections ended up with a few hot spots that are visible if you reflect clear blue sky) but it should have 0 effect on skins that aren't designed to use it, they just won't have the extra texture in place that activates it.

I would have rather make it not dependent on textures (only on cars that explicitly use it) but AC doesn't apply damage/dirt to any shaders except the built in one so I had to replace that.

I'd be interested to know which car/skins, it does have some small artifacts on the Monaco (I think because of dxt5 compression on maps texture isn't great, the reflections ended up with a few hot spots that are visible if you reflect clear blue sky) but it should have 0 effect on skins that aren't designed to use it, they just won't have the extra texture in place that activates it.

I would have rather make it not dependent on textures (only on cars that explicitly use it) but AC doesn't apply damage/dirt to any shaders except the built in one so I had to replace that.
None I imagine, who knows what I did when I DL'd the Monaco as I tried last night with your shader on/off and couldn't see a difference in any other car in showroom. Just me being a pillock I think.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 473 70.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 286 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 309 45.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 137 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 181 26.9%
Back