Watkins Glen International

Tracks Watkins Glen International 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
car is not faster, it has much stiffer springs just like the real thing, wich makes it even slower
also ABS is disabled
Stiffer Springs doesn't make a Car slower in General, and sometimes it's faster. And the Porsche Cup Car from Kunos is based of off the Italien Cup, so maybe there are a few differences which makes it faster, who knows. If you compare some Laptimes from the GTLM and GTD Cars who Raced on the Glen two weeks ago, a few of them are even Faster then the Cars from Assetto Corsa. Not to mention, that Temperature, humidity etc. can be different which leads to a huge difference in Laptimes too.

Stiffer Springs doesn't make a Car slower in General, and sometimes it's faster. And the Porsche Cup Car from Kunos is based of off the Italien Cup, so maybe there are a few differences which makes it faster, who knows. If you compare some Laptimes from the GTLM and GTD Cars who Raced on the Glen two weeks ago, a few of them are even Faster then the Cars from Assetto Corsa. Not to mention, that Temperature, humidity etc. can be different which leads to a huge difference in Laptimes too.
show me your GT3 or GT2 laptimes from AC, also that's down to kunos cars have less tyre grip than normal, Regarding the modified porsche cup doesn't benefit from stiffer springs in terms of grip cause that cas has 0 aero on the underbody so stiffer springs make less tyre grip, it only benefits on the chicane that you can use more the kerbs.

show me your GT3 or GT2 laptimes from AC, also that's down to kunos cars have less tyre grip than normal, Regarding the modified porsche cup doesn't benefit from stiffer springs in terms of grip cause that cas has 0 aero on the underbody so stiffer springs make less tyre grip, it only benefits on the chicane that you can use more the kerbs.
Just compare it to yourself. You are the one who says their is way to much Grip. The 911 RSR had a 1:42.5, Audi R8 1:44.6, Ferrari 488 1:44.8, Huracan GT3 1:45.4 and the other GT3's had1:45.xxx as well. Let me know what Times you are Driving against these Qualifiying Hotlaps, and feel free to post your Times or even do it with the RSR App.

Just compare it to yourself. You are the one who says their is way to much Grip. The 911 RSR had a 1:42.5, Audi R8 1:44.6, Ferrari 488 1:44.8, Huracan GT3 1:45.4 and the other GT3's had1:45.xxx as well. Let me know what Times you are Driving against these Qualifiying Hotlaps, and feel free to post your Times or even do it with the RSR App.
you can't expect doing the same real life laptimes on kunos cars that have less tyre grip, but that doesn't mean the track needs more track grip. you are saying that acrl cup cars is way faster, and the GT3· GT2 are way slower, i'd like to see the laptimes you are comparing it with.
In ACRL i can tell you with the older version, of WG and gt3 cars we did 45's at 98% grip

you can't expect doing the same real life laptimes on kunos cars that have less tyre grip, but that doesn't mean the track needs more track grip. you are saying that acrl cup cars is way faster, and the GT3· GT2 are way slower, i'd like to see the laptimes you are comparing it with.
In ACRL i can tell you with the older version, of WG and gt3 cars we did 45's at 98% grip
There are no representative GT3 lap times at the Glen in real life (IMSA's Continental tires are slower than Pirelli/Michelin/Dunlop). Kunos GT2/Es have issues with grip so are borderline useless to compare. The Kunos/ACRL Porsche Cup has even worse grip issues and is completely useless to compare. I've tested a number of other cars that are verified at other tracks (within tenths of real life), and they're all closer with this update.

nah mate too much grip, feels good to go faster yeah but not realistic

@Solli93 you said real life huracan did 45.4 well now with this grip that puts me 1.8 sec faster without much efford simply too fast. @LilSki and im not an alien.
Evidence https://streamable.com/7kcx7
It did a 1:45.4 on Continental tires, which if you'd read what I'd written, aren't comparable to Kunos tires (the pole for the class was a 1:44.5). You were also 8 mph faster on the straight leading up to the bus stop than the real car.

LilSki updated Watkins Glen International with a new update entry:

The Glen

*********IMPORTANT*********
This track uses a custom shader my @Stereo. Because of this the the archive folder structure is different than previous versions. If you use Content Manager than you can just install it like any other mod. If you do not use Content manager make sure you copy the 3 folders shown here to the main assettocorsa folder.

upload_2018-10-3_13-6-36-png.272488

If the game crashes when...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the update LilSki!

Is the custom shader a lights config for the lights patch by x4fab? I ask because I know Stereo released a shader mod with his Dodge Monaco. If it is the shader mod released with the Dodge Monaco will it only affect Watkins Glen?
#technofear
The custom shader is the same from the monaco so if you already have it installed you don't need it. If you overwrite it then that is fine too. It is required whether you use the light mod or not. But also is used with the lights mod if that makes sense.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 37 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%