Wheel settings after update

Peter

who cares
All the old control sets are terminated with the update.

The advised settings are 900° and 30 wheel lock, but we tested and used default wheel driver settings without damper and spring.

For example Thrustmaster T500 60%/100%/100%/0%/0% and TX 75%/100%/100%/0%/0%.

Logitech uses 270° default, so the wheel lock is set to 10 in game.
Feel free to change that to 900°/30.

All wheels that have 900° should use this from now on as a default setting.

The target for the team is to have an automatic rotation/lock for all wheels/cars in the future.

I just bought ADAC 2014 last night and just gave the combo you mentioned a go. It does seem like a very smooth track but I don't know what the IRL track is like. We also don't know if S3 is finished tweaking their new tracks. But I surely don't feel "disconnected", it's a fun track for a GT car. With that said, based on your settings (yours were lower than mine) it may have less feedback than what I'm experiencing (TX). Also gave the other new track Sachsenring a go, this did have more bumps but a little too tight a track for my liking with these GT cars, definitely need some practice.
I don't understand giving up on a sim because you don't like a particular track/car or two. I would give up on every single sim I own if that was the case. But, to each their own, just a discussion.
Thank you for testing those combinations. Very helpful doublecheck. And no, I didn't mean to give up on the sim, just frustrated at hovercraft feel and what feels like endless FFB tweaking.

After writing that I decided to put more time in and comprehensively test the FFB to understand what is happening, which took a few hours. I found that the time trial with the Mustang GT3 around Laguna Seca is an excellent test, because it provides vertical, lateral loads on the tyres and the Mustang seems to communicate changes in the FFB very well. I tried basically zeroing each value except one and working through to see what everything does in that car+track combo: It's clear that Vertical Load is the key setting for feeling the road and car weight transfer, but you do need to fade in other forces to round out the experience (e.g. to get the steering to weight up during heavy cornering or lighten during understeer). The key is how much of each other force to mix in.

I discovered that the hovercraft feel creeps in when you set lateral forces too high, because it seems to damp everything and give mostly centering force. However no lateral forces feels very odd, for instance on the downhill left-hander after the corkscrew where the car is under heavy lateral forces and the steering should weight up dramatically.

In the end I settled on the following with the T300RS:
Force Feedback Intensity 55%
Smoothing 0%
Steering Force Intensity 100%
Understeer 85%
Vertical Load 200%
Lateral Force 35% (down from the 120% I was using before)
Steering Rack 0%
Engine vibrations 0%
Brake vibrations 0%
Kerb vibrations 25%
Shift effect 60%

The end result is quite light, especially on the DTM cars or that McLaren GT3, so probably FFB Intensity could go up a little. But now even on smooth tracks like Slovakia Ring I still feel the car weight shifting around all the time, it's not being damped by excessive Lateral Force.

It's not perfect, but like this I can enjoy the game and have fun racing.

I must admit I did a dtm race this morning, and had great fun. (see clip in ai thread) and although i did think "does feel a bit floaty/disconnected" after a while I forgot about it and lived with it.

Not to say I wouldn't want it adjusted further I think it needs it. I just don't want it to be left alone, because this sim can get better abnd deserves to get better. not just left with average handling.

My DFGT

Force Feedback Intensity 100%
Smoothing 25%
Steering Force Intensity 70%
Understeer 100%
Vertical Load 100%
Lateral Force 100%
Steering Rack 10%
Engine vibrations 10%
Brake vibrations 20%
Kerb vibrations 30%
Shift effect 100%

SKazz the below setting will considerably give you more mass transfer feeling.
grip weight in INI 0.6

Last edited:
The main thing that cancels out some of the FFB concerns = THE SOUND! The cars sound so freakin' awesome. No sim does sound better. (IMO)

I agree. No sim makes me feel like I'm in a moving car like R3E does either, I can literally feel the car all around me and when the rear breaks loose it feels more natural than any sim I've tried.

I also did a DTM 2014 race tonight, 12 laps at Red Bull Ring with adaptive AI and it was incredible. After a few laps I was really dialed into the FFB and could push the car really hard. Started 8th, by lap 6 I was in the top three and battled for first the rest of the race ultimately finishing 2nd by just a few tenths. I was grinning for next half hour. :D

Thank you for testing those combinations. Very helpful doublecheck. And no, I didn't mean to give up on the sim, just frustrated at hovercraft feel and what feels like endless FFB tweaking.

After writing that I decided to put more time in and comprehensively test the FFB to understand what is happening, which took a few hours. I found that the time trial with the Mustang GT3 around Laguna Seca is an excellent test, because it provides vertical, lateral loads on the tyres and the Mustang seems to communicate changes in the FFB very well. I tried basically zeroing each value except one and working through to see what everything does in that car+track combo: It's clear that Vertical Load is the key setting for feeling the road and car weight transfer, but you do need to fade in other forces to round out the experience (e.g. to get the steering to weight up during heavy cornering or lighten during understeer). The key is how much of each other force to mix in.

I discovered that the hovercraft feel creeps in when you set lateral forces too high, because it seems to damp everything and give mostly centering force. However no lateral forces feels very odd, for instance on the downhill left-hander after the corkscrew where the car is under heavy lateral forces and the steering should weight up dramatically.

Smoothing 0%
Understeer 85%
Vertical Load 200%
Steering Rack 0%
Engine vibrations 0%
Brake vibrations 0%
Kerb vibrations 25%
Shift effect 60%

The end result is quite light, especially on the DTM cars or that McLaren GT3, so probably FFB Intensity could go up a little. But now even on smooth tracks like Slovakia Ring I still feel the car weight shifting around all the time, it's not being damped by excessive Lateral Force.

I cranked the LAT force down to 35 today and it made a nice improvement. My wheel now gets heavy in the turns like it should. Still not quite perfect, but a lot better. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Smoothing 0%
Understeer 85%
Vertical Load 200%
Steering Rack 0%
Engine vibrations 0%
Brake vibrations 0%
Kerb vibrations 25%
Shift effect 60%

I had given up on this title, then thought one more chance with FFB I use a fanatec CSR wheel with club sport 2 pedals. Thank you so much for these settings, actually makes the game playable. I really hope Sector 3 can get the FFB dialed in like some of there previous titles.
At least this makes it playable. Thanks Skazz

My TX control panel:
900 deg.
Overall strength: 75%
Constant: 0%
Periodic: 85%
Spring: 0
Damper: 0
Auto Center: by game

In game
FFB
Intensity: 80%
Steering force: 125%
Under steer: 90%
Vertical load: 125%
Lateral force: 80%
Steering rack: 0%
Engine Vibration: 0%
Brake Vibration: 0%
Kerb: 50%
Shift effect: 80%

Advanced tab is default

My T500rs control panel:
900 deg.
Overall strength: 60%
Constant: 0%
Periodic: 85%
Spring: 0
Damper: 0
Auto Center: by game

In game
FFB
Intensity: 75%
Steering force: 100%
Under steer: 90%
Vertical load: 125%
Lateral force: 80%
Steering rack: 0%
Engine Vibration: 0%
Brake Vibration: 0%
Kerb: 50%
Shift effect: 80%

Thanks. Reducing constant force to 0 % seem to help with my two biggest gripes. I was running zolder and the view was jumping around like crazy like there was bumps everywhere on my ADAC Master 2014 cars. But there was not a single bump to be felt in my TX. On any track and in any car I thought it wasn´t modelled.

But reducing constant force to 0 they all suddenly appeared. I don´t know what possible effects I lost by reducing that to 0? What I did loose was my second gripe. When entering a spin I would get torque so my wheel would twist out of my hands making it virtually impossible to recover. Raceroom is the only sim that does this. Felt strange but then IRL I have mostly spun on ice, snow or gravel don´t have much experience with threatening 180s on tarmac. It´s more easy to overcome the forces in those unwanted situations now and I don´t get the instinct to release the wheel lol.

Maybe the steering is a tad on the light side I suppose it´s steering force I should up possible or damping in the driver control menu. Don´t want to dull the forces to much though.

Generally speaking the Constant forces are ones which are generated directly, whereas periodic effectively play back a particular periodic effect.

I've not tested removing constant, because most sims use that as the primary method of delivering actual simulated forces. I know from testing AC that it uses periodic to simulate suspension travel effects, but pretty much all other things come through the constant setting. Raceroom might be different, but if your problem is not feeling bumps then I suspect you have vertical load set too low or lateral force set too high... Removing a large part of the FFB delivery of your wheel isn't the fix you are looking for :)

It's been a long time since I played this game. I know this is a stupid question but can anyone please point me where I can set the "wheel lock" option in game. I've been trying to look at each tab in the menu but I can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance.
I'm looking right now at the "Advance Settings" and there is no tab/slider or even the "wheel lock" option.

Last edited:
It's useless comparing AC with ISI ffb. 0% constant works better in R3E and Race07 but reduces the feedback in AC almost to nothing.
Do we know why this is needed? Surely if R3E wasn't using constant forces it wouldn't matter how it was set. Which means it is using constant for certain FFB commands... If so, which commands?

Do we know why this is needed? Surely if R3E wasn't using constant forces it wouldn't matter how it was set. Which means it is using constant for certain FFB commands... If so, which commands?

Hello,

I am just about to find the best setting for my T300 and I think without constant you don't get any shifting FFB. At first I used constant and period at 100, but since I turned down constant to zero I get no shifting FFB, although it is still set to 100.

can someone tell me if my advanced wheel settings in game are ok as i havent got a clue..so from the top..h pattern off i know optional..speed sensitive steering 0...min steering 0...max steering 0.. analogs all on 0...return multipllier is on 4..steering sensitivity on 50%..50%..50%..50%..0%..0%..braake deadzone 6%..0%..is this all ok.

Hello,

I am just about to find the best setting for my T300 and I think without constant you don't get any shifting FFB. At first I used constant and period at 100, but since I turned down constant to zero I get no shifting FFB, although it is still set to 100.

Interesting. I just got a T300 and I noticed there aren't any shift effects. What did you end up putting your constant at to get shift effects?

At the moment I use constant @ 0. I am actually not sure what the difference is (for the FFB-feel) between 0 and 100. But I think 0 just feels better overall. I have to test this again. Maybe the shift effect is car dependant? At least I know that I felt that effect quite hard at the beginning when I fired up R3E a few days ago after a few month pause. I felt it for sure with the BMW E30. It was so hard that I had to tune it down to about 50. But back than I had completely different FFB settings ingame. Or maybe some other ingame FFB settings cancel that effect out?

At the moment I use constant @ 0. I am actually not sure what the difference is (for the FFB-feel) between 0 and 100. But I think 0 just feels better overall. I have to test this again. Maybe the shift effect is car dependant? At least I know that I felt that effect quite hard at the beginning when I fired up R3E a few days ago after a few month pause. I felt it for sure with the BMW E30. It was so hard that I had to tune it down to about 50. But back than I had completely different FFB settings ingame. Or maybe some other ingame FFB settings cancel that effect out?

Yeah, upon further review both my constant and periodic are at 100% so there must be some other setting canceling out the shift effect. I know I could feel it on my GT3 RS.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 478 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 290 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 316 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 142 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 185 27.1%
Back