Wheel settings after update

Peter

who cares
All the old control sets are terminated with the update.

The advised settings are 900° and 30 wheel lock, but we tested and used default wheel driver settings without damper and spring.

For example Thrustmaster T500 60%/100%/100%/0%/0% and TX 75%/100%/100%/0%/0%.

Logitech uses 270° default, so the wheel lock is set to 10 in game.
Feel free to change that to 900°/30.

All wheels that have 900° should use this from now on as a default setting.

The target for the team is to have an automatic rotation/lock for all wheels/cars in the future.

ok this is what im playing with lately
fana cswv1 +bmw rim +clubsport pedals+thrs8 seq

so you can either remap etc or just cut and paste the ffb bit
profile settings
900°
no damper
wheel settings
ffb 100/shock100/abs 090/ for 100/the rest 0

now if a car feels to heavy lower the ffb on wheel a click : if it feels to light go up a click on the for

i dont have a motion sim so the way i set my wheel will show some of the car movement

anyway hope that helps

figures may transfer to a g27/g25 but havent tested them

fluff and rainbows

Andi

Attachments

• fana +seq .rcs
    24.5 KB · Views: 342
Quick question - apologies if this has already been asked somewhere.

How do I create a copy of a user-created controller profile so that I can adjust the shifter controls (paddles, sequential, H-shifter) for each profile while keeping all other settings the same? Is it as simple as copy/pasting the .rcs files?

Yeah, upon further review both my constant and periodic are at 100% so there must be some other setting canceling out the shift effect. I know I could feel it on my GT3 RS.
I also use 100% for Constant and Periodic (Spring and Damper = 0) and I can feel the shift effect but it isn't very noticeable (tried GT cars with paddles and H for DTM 92). I played around with Engine, Brake, Shift, and Curb (Slovakia Ring as the track is very smooth, bumps don't interfere) - turning all to zero then testing each by itself. The shifting is the least noticeable, all the others I can get a lot of effect.
I tried turning Constant to 0 but that didn't seem to make any difference in R3E.
I never tinkered much with the Shift effect in R3E as I use SimVibe where the shift effect is much more noticeable with seat and pedal transducers.

Thrustmaster TX here.

"refraze" beautiful :p

What wheels have problems these days?

I still have a ffb center deadzone issue on the Logitech G27 but everything is not bad even at default settings for everything.

Always try killing your controller profile and starting over. I find that's a good idea after every update.

"refraze" beautiful :p

What wheels have problems these days?

I still have a ffb center deadzone issue on the Logitech G27 but everything is not bad even at default settings for everything.

Always try killing your controller profile and starting over. I find that's a good idea after every update.
g25 g27 all have that problem and always will..only thing to do is buy a new wheel like t500 or t300 etc if you wanna get rid of deadzone issue.

Assetto Corsa now has this, and when i had my DFGT it helped massively.

S3 should consider this. As theres still a load of logitech users out there!

I will mention I found probably my fav feel so far:-

200 ver load (not so high to avoid clipping by the strong ffb)
170 lateral load (for the fwds otherwise to low and they become floaty, also makes up for lower steer force)
100 FFB (keeps strong detail in all effects).
38 setting for steering force. (seems to rid the horrid centre force and unhide corner road details) SET THIS TO THE STRENGTH OF YOUR WHEEL, OR PERSONAL PREFERENCE. HIGHER=HARDER TO TURN. BUT PLEASE NOTE THE HIGH LATERAL VALUE SHOULD COMPENSATE FOR THIS!

100 understeer

Also this seems quite compatible across all cars. yes obviously you have to compromise to get this. This is one t300 GTE btw. 80 in profiler 100/100/0/0 default centre.

IM ACTUALLY REALLY HAPPY WITH THESE.

Last edited:
Assetto Corsa now has this, and when i had my DFGT it helped massively.

S3 should consider this. As theres still a load of logitech users out there!

I will mention I found probably my fav feel so far:-

200 ver load (not so high to avoid clipping by the strong ffb)
150 lateral load (for the fwds otherwise to low and they become floaty, also makes up for lower steer force)
100 FFB (keeps strong detail in all effects).
38 setting for steering force. (seems to rid the horrid centre force and unhide corner road details) SET THIS TO THE STRENGTH OF YOUR WHEEL, OR PERSONAL PREFERENCE. HIGHER=HARDER TO TURN
100 understeer

Also this seems quite compatible across all cars. yes obviously you have to compromise to get this. This is one t300 GTE btw. 80 in profiler 100/100/0/0 default centre.

IM ACTUALLY REALLY HAPPY WITH THESE.
So this will work with my TX and GTE rim I reckon :) will try tonight thanks

I've found that cranking the FFB effect up gives me more feeling from the road, bumps and yumps and grooves and such. It can make the wheel slightly heavier, but lowering the FFB strength a touch balances it out. I believe my FFB effect is 110 or 115, if I go over 125 the wheel bounces/moves around so much I have a hard time hanging on to it.

I hear what you're saying. I don't feel the surface enough through my CSR either.

Slovakiaring has only been in use for a few years so it's quite possible the surface is very smooth but even so I would expect to feel more details.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 488 69.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 299 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 324 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 153 21.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 193 27.3%
Back