Which AI is the best to race against?

I have been ramping up the difficulty on the AI as my skills improve, currently at 107, and although I have not noticed a difference between classes I have noticed an issue within most sessions of the AI brake points a bit off. Or at the very least not adjusting their line, if I am in the way...too bad for me, not always obviously but often enough to get a bit peeved.
When running with a single AI into a corner who is clearly closing the gap on me instead of taking an alternate line to pass me I get booted instead because I broke a fraction of asecond earlier than it.
I find R3E very enjoyable, you and the team do outstanding work.

Alex, the worst ones are the formulas, maybe silhouettes is better but there is no case I always end up pushed off the track.

I do not understand why AI is so aggressive and there is no way to regulate.

The way to brake and accelerate is not progressive and makes it difficult to avoid accidents.

GTR3, i´m on a custom championship and overall the experience is good. for now, best combo for GTR3 is Sachsenring, no flaws so far, and the worst is:

- Anderstop: AI is so good and agressive on all the track, exept on the last 2 corners, the fast righ hand and the slow last turn, if I´m 2 sec behind during all the lap, I can pass the AI on the last turn, they are mega slow.

- Chang: Turn 2 here have a ultra wide entry, so AI braking point is difficult, they brake early and very open, giving me a huuuuuuuge door to overtake, I always overtake here. Rest of the track is excellent.

- Brands Hatch: Turn 2 they brake earlier, I smashed the AI ass on the first race, had to restart :(

Overall the experience is good, is enjoyable. AI is on 105 right now.

Funny thing, Formula X is very good all around, but some combos on formula Jr. is very bad, never will come back to salzburgring with the formula Jr.!

So much to try on this sim, only 1 week with it, but is my sim nº 1 for sure.

I think it matters more which series you're interested in.
I for one am not surprised that the GTR3 and modern DTMs are leading the poll. It's just what most people are playing.

My two cents worth, the AI is bloody brilliant in the slower classes, BMW235i, FRJ, NSU.
I've gone side-by-side through almost half of Imola with the AI in the BMWs.
Moving up in speed, the AI is still very, very good.
But something like GTR3s and F3s is probably the limit of where I personally feel comfortable racing the AI.
Not so much because of the AI as such, it's just that when you move into e.g. P1s and FRX the margin for error is wafer-thin.

One thing I would dearly love though, is for the AI to be a little less aggressive when using open-wheelers. They tend to drive them like they were Touring cars, with a little too much tire-rubbing as the result.

But overall, the AI is comparable to any other sim you choose to name.
(Maybe except rF2. Maybe.)
Treat them like you would a human racer, and it's one of the best sim-racing experiences around.

Can we use this to put any situations that we find?

Porshe GT3 cup, AI on 105, Spa. HUGE pile up on Les Combes, 5 times I restart, the same situation at the same point. 50 AI, starting last.

Formula X in Hockenheim, AI on 107, amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing.

WTCC 2017 in Moscow Short, AI is extreme slow approaching and braking in this point of the track, almost impossible to avoid collision unless you take it ultra mega super easy. file attached.

Attachments

• Captura33.JPG
    Captura33.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 291
(I think I would trust Will's opinions about AI "braking way too early and being too aggressive" considerably more if I haven't seen him throwing incredible rage tantrums and blaming others for what was clearly his own mistake on numerous occasions. Just saying.)

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • Porsche

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • BMW

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • McLaren

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Toyota

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Intel

Votes: 7 13.5%