WRC 9 Mods

WRC9 WRC 9 Mods 1.0 update 8

Login or Register an account to download this content
Dont know what they did, but from some moment even the test track doesnt run smooth for me anymore. In some situations the FPS drops down to 20s. Seems like it has something to do with the draw distance, but I dont remember this happening before :O_o:

I can send a beta version but maybe with some issue. it's a big work on every car and i try to test each car on tarmac, gravel, snow...
Ah alright, I see. You do what you are comfortable with, if you need testers, I can probably do it. However, I have never driven rally in real life before, so I don't know if I can come with any good feedback

Ok guys i finally found the problem!!

In fact, while trying to connect my xbox controller during a replay I noticed that I had exactly the same big freeze of 1 or 2 seconds and in WRC 8 same problem!

I remembered that dirt rally 2 had the same problem before an update from codemasters and that a developer on gift hub (Simon Owen) had created a fix by modifying a DLL (d8input.dll) and putting it in the game directory.

The bug of WRC game is that it disconnects / reconnects quickly randomly the usb port of the steering wheel or controller so these big freezes of 1 or 2 seconds.

ET VOILA I recovered this modified DLL and I put it in the directory of WRC9 ... there is no more big freezes :)... there remains a problem is that I lose the force feedback each time the game triggers this DLL...so I quickly press/depress the pause button and the forcefeedback returns.

I'm in contact with Simon Owen to see if he can modify this DLL but finally I have a solution to be able to play properly on this game.
Made no difference to mine unfortunately. Still unplayable due to the pauses. Any other ideas? many thanks.

Dont know what they did, but from some moment even the test track doesnt run smooth for me anymore. In some situations the FPS drops down to 20s. Seems like it has something to do with the draw distance, but I dont remember this happening before :O_o:
For anyone struggling with low fps. I updated the latest amd drivers and run the automatic overclock of the GPU (rx 470). My fps went up from +/- 30 to 85, so its a dramatic change for me.

Made no difference to mine unfortunately. Still unplayable due to the pauses. Any other ideas? many thanks.
SOLVED: Here is what I did tonight and FINALLY a got no microfreezing/pauses.
First of all, I am using Logitech Profiler. I deleted all profiles for any sim I had, so basically I went into default. I ran the game with Logitech Profiler running and its 100% smooth, no more FFB loss due to unexpected stuttering/freezing/pauses. I had some issues even running without the profiler. BUT with profiler running BUT without any game profiles OR specific game settings, I just finished a run of Japan and Monte rallies without any problems at all.

SOLVED: Here is what I did tonight and FINALLY a got no microfreezing/pauses.
First of all, I am using Logitech Profiler. I deleted all profiles for any sim I had, so basically I went into default. I ran the game with Logitech Profiler running and its 100% smooth, no more FFB loss due to unexpected stuttering/freezing/pauses. I had some issues even running without the profiler. BUT with profiler running BUT without any game profiles OR specific game settings, I just finished a run of Japan and Monte rallies without any problems at all.
I don't have Logitech but also fixed mine (with a LOT of work!!) - Once I stopped the Windows Image Acquisition service running - smooth as silk. My screen was locking up then coming back (by which time, I was down a mountain) Fanatec - Nvidia - Intel system. No losses of FFB were noticed.

I don't have Logitech but also fixed mine (with a LOT of work!!) - Once I stopped the Windows Image Acquisition service running - smooth as silk. My screen was locking up then coming back (by which time, I was down a mountain) Fanatec - Nvidia - Intel system. No losses of FFB were noticed.
Hey man I don't know how you found this trick but you save my life with this game!!! thanks, thanks again!!!

But why is this service messing up wrc 9?? why??

With my new config (Ryzen 5 5600x + RTX 3080) and your little tip
it's now more than 90 fps in 4k and all settings at max with no more freezes or stutter !!

I now gain between 3 and 5 seconds on several specials .

Good job guy and thank's again.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey man I don't know how you found this trick but you save my life with this game!!! thanks, thanks again!!!

But why is this service messing up wrc 9?? why??

With my new config (Ryzen 5 5600x + RTX 3080) and your little tip
it's now more than 90 fps in 4k and all settings at max with no more freezes or stutter !!

I now gain between 3 and 5 seconds on several specials .

Good job guy and thank's again.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Really pleased to read that thank you. Took me a lot of time and messing about!!

Is it possible for someone to upload their physics files for those of us who are waiting on version 2.0 of this mod to be released before we can use it..? It would be really good to try WRC9 with improved physics while 2.0 is under development.

Hey Ced. I don't suppose you've got a version that you'd be happy with sharing yet, have you? No worries if not, I'm just eager to sample your changes. :D
I can share a beta version thïs week.
Note that i work a lot on tarmac, with new grip on tires on all surfaces, setup for Fiesta R2 like et should de with only 3 settings on suspensions and gearbox.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 25 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • Yearly

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 5 1.8%