WRC 9 Mods

WRC9 WRC 9 Mods 1.0 update 8

Login or Register an account to download this content
I have constant 60 fps at max. details and Full HD with a GTX 970. Initally, I had massive performance issues, but I solved them by playing around with the screen mode (fullscreen, borderless window, ...) and the Vsync settings. Only one combination doesn't cause performance issues. I have the game currently not installed, so I can't look it up.

I have constant 60 fps at max. details and Full HD with a GTX 970. Initally, I had massive performance issues, but I solved them by playing around with the screen mode (fullscreen, borderless window, ...) and the Vsync settings. Only one combination doesn't cause performance issues. I have the game currently not installed, so I can't look it up.
Same here, only one combination provides smooth gameplay. For me I reckon it's regular fullscreen, 60 hz vsync (game enabled and nvidia enabled, just to be sure) and 60 fps framecap in Nvidia driver. All other combos are trouble. I get some occasional hiccups, but nothing too serious, and not too often either.

I also disable motion blur and sharpness, physics sync high. Everything else on max.

Oh, and power scheme set to high performance, same with gpu in nvidia driver. This isn't critical, though.

But the game is probably coded with someone's feet or ass - I have never played a game this difficult to get running smoothly.

Last edited:
Well guys it's confirmed, this game is programmed with the feet.
My new PC is here (RYZEN 5 5600X + RTX 3080 32GO of ram) for info in 4k settings at max it's 60 fps at least.. and those damn big freezes are still there.

Or maybe it's the NVIDIA drivers because my old PC had a GTX 1070.

In short, it's a disaster.:poop::mad::cry:
Hi tiger, sorry for my english, today my pc freeze again...i have win 10 and when i have freezes the pc hdd process light is on continuosly . I have a automatic background activity ( i dont know what, i m not a programmer) that uses 50% of the disk. I quut the game, i wait usually 5-10 min and when the light is normal ( almost always off) i run the game and works without freezes...i hope this can help you :thumbsup:

Hi tiger, sorry for my english, today my pc freeze again...i have win 10 and when i have freezes the pc hdd process light is on continuosly . I have a automatic background activity ( i dont know what, i m not a programmer) that uses 50% of the disk. I quut the game, i wait usually 5-10 min and when the light is normal ( almost always off) i run the game and works without freezes...i hope this can help you :thumbsup:
Well guys it's confirmed, this game is programmed with the feet.
My new PC is here (RYZEN 5 5600X + RTX 3080 32GO of ram) for info in 4k settings at max it's 60 fps at least.. and those damn big freezes are still there.

Or maybe it's the NVIDIA drivers because my old PC had a GTX 1070.

In short, it's a disaster.:poop::mad::cry:

Ok guys i finally found the problem!!

In fact, while trying to connect my xbox controller during a replay I noticed that I had exactly the same big freeze of 1 or 2 seconds and in WRC 8 same problem!

I remembered that dirt rally 2 had the same problem before an update from codemasters and that a developer on gift hub (Simon Owen) had created a fix by modifying a DLL (d8input.dll) and putting it in the game directory.

The bug of WRC game is that it disconnects / reconnects quickly randomly the usb port of the steering wheel or controller so these big freezes of 1 or 2 seconds.

ET VOILA I recovered this modified DLL and I put it in the directory of WRC9 ... there is no more big freezes :)... there remains a problem is that I lose the force feedback each time the game triggers this DLL...so I quickly press/depress the pause button and the forcefeedback returns.

I'm in contact with Simon Owen to see if he can modify this DLL but finally I have a solution to be able to play properly on this game.

This is my old wrc8 post:
"hi all and happy new year! AgentHex0007 (or any other modder). I have a trouble with controllers, My first controller is a thrustmaster t300rs wheel, with manual gear or, alternate handbrake. But i have a sequential handmade gearshift, wrc 7-8-9 recognized " generic 8axis gamepad". No problem the use with any other racing game (assetto corsa, dirt rally, rbr...). In wrc game I can't use it as a secondary device (seq gear or handbrake) because the game recognizes it as a primary device and, even excluding unnecessary keys, it conflicts with the primary wheel. With wrc 7 and 8I also tried as a steam peripheral but nothing.i have bought Wrc 9 in a epic game store.
would it be possible to get a tip to make my gamepad work as a secondary device without conflicts? Thanks in advance for your modwork. Best whishes:) and sorry for my google english "

I think there is a basic problem in the programming of the peripheral part (wrc 7-8-9)(but im not a pc programmer)

For me the recognition by the game of the various peripheral is very poor, my thrustmaster t300rs works "almost" well only 540 degrees... if i try another degree i have a 40 degree reset....and a 540 deg the first stage played don t have full ffb, but if i leave the stage and restart the effects are full...and random the ffb of the stage does not correspond to what it should be (p ex weight too hard on gravel stages..restart and all is ok..)
Hi ! Try to do this, set " Saturation " to 60 = 540 degrees on both sides , left and right ,and in the Software of the whell , put 900 degrees , the only thing bad is the whell don`t "physical lock" ,for me work very well, hope this fix to you, PS-FFB like a charme and, Sorry,English is not my native language !
2021.03.24-21.54.png
2021.03.24-21.54_01.png

Peek at v2.0 :cool:
Photo_034.jpg

Photo_029.jpg

WRC9 2021-03-26 22-15-53.jpg

Photo_026.jpg

WRC9Z 2021-03-27 12-47-45.jpg

WRC9Z 2021-03-26 20-57-43.jpg

Photo_019.jpg

Photo_009.jpg

Off
WRC9 2021-03-23 02-55-17.jpg

On
WRC9 2021-03-23 02-55-12.jpg

Quick peek at just some of the new and updated mods.
Enhanced surfaces and SSR v2, Enhanced lighting v2, Enhanced rain & snow v2, Full post processing when using in car camera views (Full SSR, Motion Blur etc), Enhanced photo modes and filters, Enable photo mode controls and filters when driving in game, plus many more new mods ;)

Last edited:
Peek at v2.0 :cool:
View attachment 458784
View attachment 458789
View attachment 458785
View attachment 458786
View attachment 458792
View attachment 458793
View attachment 458787
View attachment 458788
Off
View attachment 458790
On
View attachment 458791
Quick peek at just some of the new and updated mods.
Enhanced surfaces and SSR v2, Enhanced lighting v2, Enhanced rain & snow v2, Full post processing when using in car camera views (Full SSR, Motion Blur etc), Enhanced photo modes and filters, Enable photo mode controls and filters when driving in game, plus many more new mods ;)

From all of that what does have impact in the performance? :D

Looks amazing!! :rolleyes:

Is it somehow possible to use wrc8 stages in wrc9? Would be nice if the season callendar would change from season to season, with corsica and chile stages. Hopefuly wrc10 will bring some randomness into this. There is rally croatia and acropolis for new locations.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 22 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.3%