WRC 9 Mods

WRC9 WRC 9 Mods 1.0 update 8

Login or Register an account to download this content
AgentHeX 0007 updated WRC 9 Mods with a new update entry:

New integrated uninstaller, Extra SSR mod for very high end GPU's, some layout changes.

Update - New uninstaller
Added it to the main mod installer. It will get put onto the desktop. It can be used at any time to remove all mods so that you can update the game or go back online.

Update - New uninstaller - Layout changes
Added the option to delete save games and local data. Now removes all WRC9 Mods registry entries. Completely restores the game back to 100% default, no traces of any mod...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Think I might take a break for a few days and actually play some games... :laugh:

Last edited:
I've play the mod since days now and as for wrc8, i like it!
Just for my pleasure, i tune torques figures, mod the extra grip on brake to 0 and change the grip for snow and ice on tarmac tires to be more realist in Monte Carlo stage(IA Time also).
I really really really like to play MonteCarlo now because you have to be careful on snow.

Thank you Agenthex!

Hi AgentHeX 0007,

1) Do you have any news regarding the camera movements during acceleration and braking phases?I can't block these movements despite the mod.
2) Is it possible to add blur in cockpit and dash view?
3) The dirt option(snow and dust) available soon in a future update?

Thank you again for your work :)

I noticed a few things with update 3.
When I want to change the mod's graphics options,the mod no longer loads when launching the game(I just have the intro of the video).
At first,I wanted to test the settings one by one to see the changes.
So I installed first:
mod.jpg

Everything worked perfectly except the acceleration of movement.
Then I wanted to install one option at a time to compare.
-Car Body Mod OK
-HDR Control mod OK
-Enhanced Stage Surfaces and Refelections OK
-Bloom Control Mod This is when the mod no longer wanted to work.....

The only solution was to remove the mod before reinstalling it (with more options initially) to make it work again.
I'll install update 4 the same way one option at a time)to see if it's still a problem.

Hello AgentHex and the community,

I have played a couple of days and I really like your MOD. The onboard gives really good sensation :D
The tweaks that I would like to see in further updates, is less brake and also more inertia..,
(Remember, I posted some videos for WRC 8 with your Mod long time ago)

Some videos on Monte Carlo :

WRC Hyundai i20 Max Attack :

WRC Toyota Yaris Max Attack :

In the first part, the side cam replay to get an idea of the behaviour of the car
In the second part of the video, the onboard camera.
Other videos on different surfaces are coming.
I put a link in the description pointing to your Mod.
If you like the video, please give it a thumb and consider to subsribe to see more :thumbsup:
Can't wait to play the game again (only with your Mod)

Thank you again AgentHex and keep up your excellent work ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oasice

Last edited:
But i have to update! If not the game dont lauch. How do you do that? i did nor understood, sorry ! :thumbsdown:

Can you explain?

You can turn off automatic updates in Epic. Click on settings then scroll down to here -
1612461876043.png

Not that it matters with WRC 9. Epic prompts you to update in the library and you can't play the game through the EXE in the game folder. It's very annoying. I get "you aren't connected to Epic Games Store" or something like that if I try and launch through the EXE.

Last edited:
You can turn off automatic updates in Epic. Click on settings then scroll down to here -
View attachment 442475

Not that it matters with WRC 9. Epic prompts you to update in the library and you can't play the game through the EXE in the game folder. It's very annoying. I get "you aren't connected to Epic Games Store" or something like that if I try and launch through the EXE.

I have that unchecked! But when i launch the game in epic launcher i have to update or the game dont start.

Last edited:
I've play the mod since days now and as for wrc8, i like it!
Just for my pleasure, i tune torques figures, mod the extra grip on brake to 0 and change the grip for snow and ice on tarmac tires to be more realist in Monte Carlo stage(IA Time also).
I really really really like to play MonteCarlo now because you have to be careful on snow.

Thank you Agenthex!
Yes I noticed snow surfaces have to much grip, its on my list of things to do on the tyres mods

@Dr.Jones @Stephen Bailey
I will update for the latest version of the the game today. :thumbsup:

Fingers crossed this'll be the last update for a while. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Rather interestingly, I updated my clean install of the game (I keep a backup because my internet is poor and you never know when things will go wrong), switched back to my modded install (that hasn't been updated) and it lets me launch the game through EGS. That's with separated profiles in documents as well. I guess Epic just isn't all that clever still, haha.

AgentHeX 0007 updated WRC 9 Mods with a new update entry:

Compatibility with game v1.0.45.4, Surfaces & SSR Mod, Shadow Mod, installer and uninstaller changes

Added - Compatibility with game v1.0.45.4

Added - An extra ENHANCED REFLECTIONS MOD. Rain drop ripples on the surface do not draw as far into the distance, can help with CPU/GPU usage

Tweaked - ENHANCED SURFACES AND REFLECTIONS MOD, SSR, I have diffused the reflections slightly to be less like mirror images of the things that are reflected.

Tweaked - SHADOWS MOD, NEW, Under car shadow is now slightly larger and darker and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have played a couple of days and I really like your MOD. The onboard gives really good sensation :D
The tweaks that I would like to see in further updates, is less brake and also more inertia..,

I put a link in the description pointing to your Mod.
If you like the video, please give it a thumb and consider to subsribe to see more :thumbsup:

Thank you again AgentHex and keep up your excellent work ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oasice

Hello again, Thanks, Liked and subscribed. :thumbsup:

Don't forget that once the files have been extracted you can then mod the physics files yourself if you want using a text editor. look in WRC\Common\Tuning\DYNA\CARS

Last edited:
Last edited:
Following on from the previous post, here is a quick example for clarity.

This is the Default SSR shader with the setting of "Very High" in the games post process menu
SSR steps and lines every where, even on the games Very high setting

vs

My "High End" modified SSR shader with the setting of "Medium" in the games post process menu

Mods OFF: Default SSR shader - Very High in game setting
WRC9 2021-02-05 02-16-19.jpg

Mods ON: Modified SSR shader - Medium in game setting
WRC9 2021-02-05 02-16-21.jpg

I would recommend that most user should use my "Medium" or "High End" Shader and then set the in game settings to your preference :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 460 69.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 282 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 304 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 179 27.2%
Back