PC2 Xbox One | RaceDepartment INDYCAR Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lotus Classic F1 World Championship
Schedule of Events

1. British Grand Prix - (26 Sept. 2015) - Brands Hatch; Car: Lotus 72D (50 Laps)
2. English Grand Prix - (24 Oct. 2015) - Silverstone International; Car: Lotus 49 (40 Laps)
3. Belgian Grand Prix - (31 Oct. 2015) - Zolder; Car: Lotus 78 (50 Laps)
4. Original Seven GP #2 - (14 Nov. 2015) - Spa; Car: Lotus 98T (43 Laps)
5. Original Seven GP #3 - (28 Nov. 2015) - Monaco; Car: Lotus 78 (40 Laps)
6. Italian Grand Prix - (12 Dec. 2015) - Imola; Car: Lotus 98T (50 Laps)
7. German Grand Prix - (2 Jan. 2016) - Nurburg Nordschleife; Car: Lotus 49c(dlc) (10 Laps)
8. European GP - (16 Jan. 2016) - Hockenheim Hist.(dlc); Car: Lotus 25(dlc) (35 Laps)

9. Original Seven GP #4 - (30 Jan. 2016) - Monza; Car: Lotus 49c(dlc) (45 Laps)
10. The Original GP - (13 Feb. 2016) - Rouen-Les-Essarts(dlc); Car: Lotus 25(dlc) (35 Laps)
11. United States Grand Prix - (27 Feb. 2016) - Watkins Glen; Car: Lotus 72D (45 Laps)
12. Scottish GP - (19 Mar 2016) - Bannochbrae Rd. Cir.; Car: Lotus/Ford 40, GT1 (30 laps)
13. Original Seven GP #1 - (26 Mar. 2016) - Silverstone Hist.(dlc); Car: Lotus 49 (50 Laps)

Lotus F1 Support Series'

Worldwide LeMans Series (LMP2)

1. Zhuhai International Circuit - (10 Oct. 2015) (60 Laps)**
2. Oschersleben GP - (21 Nov. 2015) (60 laps)
3. Rapuna Park GP - (5 Dec. 2015) (70 laps)
4. Willow Springs International - (19 Dec. 2015) (70 Laps)**
5 Road America GP - (9 Jan. 2016) (40 laps)
6. Sakitto GP - (23 Jan. 2016) (50 laps)**
7. Watkins Glen GP - (5 Feb. 2016) (50 laps)
8. Dubai Autodrome GP - (20 Feb. 2016) (50 laps)**
9. LeMans Circuit de la Sarthe - (5 Mar. 2016) (XX Laps)***
** Night Race (or partial)
*** Simulated 24 Hour Race

2. Willow Springs GP - (7 Nov. 2015) (25 laps)

Last edited:
In F1, there were 16 signed up and four waiting in reserve. Also, the game seemed to only pick on people with weak connections (I know, I was one of them) but not so much randomly. Project Cars certainly does the former, but also the latter, which is more random and cruel in a small group.

I'm essentially agreeing with a hard and fast rule, with a couple of exceptions, but we don't have to include the exceptions if nobody wants to. Yesterday probably would have qualified, but then again, I had no way of knowing that Eric left involuntarily, but I'd probably have to latitude to assume that he did if we had this rule. If we didn't, then your way would kick in once the race started and I'd have no wiggle room. Which is fine, as long as everyone understands. If you want this, then how would your rule deal with a situation like yesterday? Would you just automatically shut down the lobby if someone got kicked during warmup, regardless of whether you know they left on their own or not? Or would there be a certain time limit? Like during the last two minutes? One? 30 seconds? We never had a warmup in F1. It was more understandable because we went straight from qualifying to race, and what more, I think anyone could come back in the lobby in F1. In pCARS, once you get too close to the race, it locks you out. That's very unfortunate.

I think you either restart for any issue that results in someone missing out if it happens before the race start or you don't restart at all. The former of course risks the race starting too late for some to complete the race when we are doing longer sessions but that's just a chance you take. I don't think you can have something favouring one person but not others under the same circumstances which is what you get by limiting it to just one restart. ie player 1 gets dashboarded during warm up so we restart the session. Then player 2 gets dashboarded in the new session but no restart so he loses out for the exact same thing that we restarted for player 1.

Once the race starts there should be no restarts in my opinion unless it's a game issue causing several players to lose out. Hard I know but it just leads to too much delay and confusion but that's just me I'm happy to go with what others want. I agree we don't have enough at the moment to lose anyone if we can help it. Although we've also had issues on formation laps that have led to problems for people and haven't restarted under those circumstances.

With that in mind we also need to get people to understand the importance of the prompt start time. Don't think we've started on time since we got going. I was on just after 9:20 but few others were. I got your invite Eric but it wouldn't let me in. Once the session starts it's a pain to have to start sending invites as that means the invitee gets an interrupted practice session. The start time is known a long way in advance after all.

Last edited:
So what the hell happened? Did the race get run? Perhaps what should happen is if someone gets disconnected before the race and can't make the second restart for whatever reason, give final position points if they've qualified but DC'ed before the race.

Really enjoyed the race last night guys. Hadn't done much low fuel stuff so never expected to qualify well, I never do lol, but this series qualifying is going to be pretty much irrelevant anyway.

Slowish start, how many used the handbrake technique? I stuck to the usual and followed behind Nic and Rob with Boothy up front. Got past Nic as he got squirrelly out of turn 2 then had some fun with Robert for a couple of laps before getting alongside him down the start / finish straight and ahead just before turn 2. Enjoyed a good consistent stint keeping within 4 seconds or so of Boothy while Robert and Nic battled behind and gradually fell away. I knew tyres would be an issue as I've struggled with them with the non FFB wheel but knew if I kept the times steady in the 1:26's that shouldn't stress them too much. Had a good run at chasing Boothy until he pulled away a bit but then I closed when he had a problem and was close on his tail at the 24 lap mark so decided to pit a lap early and see if I could get the jump on him. Made a bit of a mistake into the final turn but got in cleanly and the stop went OK although seemed to take an age. Had a gap of 33+ seconds to Nic as I pitted and came out between Nic and Robert who still had to pit and a lap or so later Boothy pitted and came out still ahead. A mistake by Boothy enabled me to close again and he had to pit leaving me in first with Nic now 20 seconds behind after his stop. No idea how I lost 13 seconds but hey-ho. I really struggled with getting the feel back for the car from now on for some reason and Nic was putting in some great consistent laps and had the lead down to around 8 seconds when I picked up a 5 second slow down penalty bringing him right on my tail. Briefly held the gap for a while but then had an slight off and we had contact sending us both into a spin at the penultimate corner. Nic got back underway first and quickly pulled away as I continued to struggle to find my earlier rhythm.

Really happy with the first 30-35 laps but the last 15 were very messy, not really sure why but need to make sure that doesn't happen next time.

Well done on the win Nic and everyone for the great efforts :thumbsup:

It's a real shame it ended up only being a few of us racing but oh well. It's so cool to see from another perspective! I really had to put my head down to get those consistent laps near the end there, but it paid off.
On the contact, definitely just a racing incident, looks like without the mirror up top you had no clue I made the move up the inside when you went off. No issue though as we luckily both had no damage from it! Was for sure a fun race and I hope there's no dramas with connection issues for the next.

I've been a bit skeptical, but I'm going to try it with my new internet upgrade my $hit strong like bull! If you are worried, just save your replay and twitch it then send it youtube so you can share. That's what I usually do.

Had a great time myself too, although the race started on a sad note not knowing what to do about Eric. That weighed heavy on me for a while, but I figured the race must go on. So off we went. And I got a pretty good start. Never can tell watching my video or even being there, but from Peter's video, looks like the top three had good starts, but I think you are right Peter...not a big deal here, so your way probably is fine, and makes an extra button too! That's one thing I didn't do before the race was remap my buttons. I could not think of something to adjust, but brake bias maybe.
I actually thought holding off Peter would be easier judging by qualifying, but I should know by now that Peter's race pace is about two seconds better than qualifying and five seconds better than any lap he discussed before the race. lol. Seriously, I felt the pressure, and it was very much fun mixing it up for a while. I pretty much gave that position away because I had no choice really. I could tell Peter you were faster, so it just made sense. It turned out, I would be right. I would not have picked Nic to be up there with you guys though, and great race from all of you guys. I felt pretty good to finish on the same lap. At least in my world, it felt like an accomplishment, what with those cars and all. I think anyone who finishes with the two slower cars can be called a winner, and a win must be especially sweet considering the gruel. But it's a great gruel. Nic and I had a lot of back and forth, but as usual, a mistake by me gave the place away. I actually thought I would have more, but turn two kept catching me out for some reason. Why is it that, at least with me, the corners I fear usually are fine, but the ones I take for granted are not. I guess I answered my own question there...:unsure:.
Anyway, I tooled around it fourth for a while, and was taken aback when Peter and Nic were together. That was good...because for just being four of us, we really gave each other plenty of racing. I had more racing in our race than I've had in full lobbies. We seemed to be so evenly matched, I guess it goes to figure. In the log haul, though, GT3 taught me Nic would be ultra consistent as would Peter, and that's a premium with these cars.
My pit strategy came off without a hitch, although looking back, I would have pitted earlier. Even though the low fuel was giving me hope, the clock told a different story, and I finally realized I was losing time. After that, at least the low point of traction was over. Not sure what happened late in your race Peter. Sounds like the pits didn't spark it, so it's especially strange. I hope it goes away in the future. I coasted pretty much to home base and surprisingly kept the car intact. Still not sure how. Great fun. Well done Nic. Here is my race:

Do you guys think I should get twitch up and running for races? does it impact the performance of the game at all for anyone?
You should be fine Nic, I was concerned about it at first especially with all the other issues with the online side of the game but it's not caused me any issues so far. I have found the replay after a race sometimes difficult to save as I sometimes don't get the option to select it although I was able to save it for this one although haven't checked it yet but hope it has come out ok. I'll probably Twitch that at some point this week.

My one issue with Twitching live is the blurb at the bottom of the screen and the fact it constantly updates to show you how many viewers are wathcing. I find that very off putting for some reason and it causes me to take my eye off the track at times which of course leads to problems. It jsut seems to distract my eyes. Try it out on your own or in practice first rather than at a league race but you should be fine :thumbsup:

I find it worse with these old cars, for some reason. It kind of ruins the feel and look they are supposed to have and reminds you that you are playing a game. I couldn't really notice it much in GT3, but found myself checking it at times at Brands.
https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251646-apps/suggestions/6284500-twitch-viewers-notification
Just added my tuppence there too. The Historics are so twitchy that you only have to take your eyes off the road for a split second and you can find yourself heading for the grass. Happened to me a couple of times on Saturday.. I actually might try a bit of tape or something over that part of the screen to try to get around it.

Reactions: Rob
Just added my tuppence there too. The Historics are so twitchy that you only have to take your eyes off the road for a split second and you can find yourself heading for the grass. Happened to me a couple of times on Saturday.. I actually might try a bit of tape or something over that part of the screen to try to get around it.

I think the more you run it the more you ignore it. At least that has been my experience. It's sort of like a wart...you forget it's there sometimes if there long enough. But that does not excuse the fact that it's there. It's so stupid. The only reason our games are not fatally compromised (and they may be, but I don't find myself in danger of wrecking, I do that well enough on my own, thank you. lol) is because it's not in a critical area. Some games, it certainly is. And I'd be hot too.

I think it's more of a distraction as well. It makes me drive like :poop: too when I know people are watching. :( I would love if they heeded some of the suggestions and at least move it out of the way. It happens to be right over the Engineers Caption.

Pirelli World Challenge GT4 Series by
Project_CARS_Logo_list.png

Oulton Park Fosters (2.656 km or 1.660 mi)
October 3, 2015
(30 laps)
____________________________________​

Oulton Park Circuit is a track in the small village of Little Budworth, Cheshire, England. It occupies much of the area which was previously known as the Oulton Estate. The track is set in the grounds of Oulton Hall, which were used as an army staging camp by General Patton prior to the Normandy Landings.
The "Foster's" Circuit, which is 1.66 miles (2.7 km), comprises half of the "Cascades" corner followed by the "Hizzy's" chicane, it then heads onto Knickerbrook and up Clay Hill to work its way round to the start/finish straight. The BTCC uses all of the Cascades Corner and Lakeside but then forks off into a hairpin before Island Bend. This hairpin cuts out all of the Island section of the circuit and takes the cars straight back over Hill Top.

Practice will start at 5pm U.S. / 10pm BST.
Qualification will start at 5:15pm EDT U.S. / 10:15pm BST.
Warm-up will start at 5:25pm EDT U.S. / 10:25pm BST
Race will start at 5:30pm EDT U.S. / 10:30pm BST​
- The Schedule is here.
- Assists: NONE (cockpit only; manual gears)
- Tire Wear: Real
- Rolling Start (by game)
- Rules of the Road are the same as in the Lotus Classic F1 World Championship and this website
- All races are sprint races...no mandatory pits stops
- A.I. will be inserted to fill the field to 16 max. until we reach six human players
- Final Weather: Medium Cloud (http://www.weather.com/weather/today/l/UKEN2510:1:UK)
- Time Progression: 2x and set to 12 noon to start practice; Weather Progression: 2X

The Cars:
2012 AstonMartinRacing V8 Vantage GT4
2012 BMW M3 E92 GT4
2013 Ginetta G55 GT4
2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302R1
GT4

Format:

COMMS: Please refrain from continuously giving play-by-pay on mic while in race, and test your mic sensitivity before the race so that it is not unreasonably loud (voice, background noise, etc.) as compared to others. Whether your moves are heroic or tragic, please refrain from swearing, yelling, describing your frustration or venting against A.I. or, especially, other players.
Everyone is trying to concentrate and needs to hear critical and necessary information in race and qualifying, such as passing calls, position information, pit notices, etc. This does not refer to lighthearted banter or the occasional descriptive moment, unless excessive.
Verbal abuse, repeated yelling at other drivers and accusations, whether founded or unfounded, to a fellow racer during a race will not be tolerated and may range in penalty.

Sign up: No need to sign up if you are already signed up as a driver. You will be invited prior to the race automatically. Please inform the host if you are not. Please sign up as a driver if you wish to race.

Restarts: There will be no restarts once warm up begins (a minute or two before practice and qualification, drivers are not permitted to rejoin by the game). If you get disconnected before then, please inform the host immediately and you will be invited back. It is up to you to accept this on time to get in, if possible. If you cannot join and were disconnected prior to warmup, the race may be postponed or restarted so you can join. Otherwise, once warmup starts, the only exception to this rule is a mass disconnect (three or more at the same time) or a lag induced crash involving three or more drivers on the first lap.

: A Drivers’ Champion will be named in each class. Points are awarded to the drivers based on their finishing position in each class. The points for all races are awarded as follows: 1st, 140 pts.; 2nd, 110; 3rd, 95; 4th, 85; 5th, 80; 6th, 76; 7th, 72; 8th, 68; 9th, 64; 10th, 60; 11th, 57; 12th, 54; 13th, 51; 14th, 48; 15th, 45; 16th
In addition to the base point system, the following points shall be awarded in each class:
-- Three (3) points to the driver who leads the most laps
-- One (1) point to each driver who leads a lap
-- One (1) point to the driver who sets the fastest lap. In case of a tie, the driver with the highest finishing position will be awarded the points. Additional bonus championship point schedules may be added, or amended, during the season. The highest qualifier for each class will receive 7 points.

NOTE: Any driver who is involuntarily disconnects during the first half of the race will receive 25% of your points for the place you were in when you got involuntarily disconnected. If the involuntary disconnection occurs within the second half of the race, 50% points will be awarded for the place you were in when you got involuntarily disconnected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 480 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 292 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 145 21.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 188 27.3%
Back