1999 Nissan Primera BTCC

Cars 1999 Nissan Primera BTCC 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
What an angry car the Primera is after the update...well done guys:)! This is state of the art. It reminds me a bit on the Clio-Cup car I've driven many years back. Always a bit on the throttle.

Last edited:
One of the cars that I love to drive most, too bad for the animation of the left arm when changing gears has too few animations, and in VR it is annoying and ruins the immersion and realism

A little weird why you can't get it solved when I've already done both on my end. If Giuseppe would actually get on Steam some time, I could share the info.

Of course, my analysis can be completely wrong, but it's basically a trailing arm, so you should construct it as one, not like the thing there is currently ingame. Less squat, less camber and toe gain. At least that's what the few pics I have and the pic of the CAD model shows. I don't see an upper arm, so it must be a trailing arm effectively.
would you consider contacting us on discord ? Might be easier way to get hold of Giuseppe

Now I've got it working first impressions are good. I'm not having the oversteer issues that other people are mentioning, maybe it's just driving style? Only thing I've noticed is the inside rear tyre will always go cold and the outside front will burn up. That'll probably be sorted with some setup changes though (as mentioned in a previous post).

a me mi dice che il file e in formato sconosciuto qualcuno puo aiutarmi grazie
install latest version or winRar please

@everyone that has crashes without custom shader patch or content manager

can you please find error logs and send them to me ? I'm really curious if we can figure out the issue.
As far as I know, custom shader patch shouldn't be necessary for this to run , but it's interesting that people having issues with it, it works after they install it

You've nailed it again guys :)

One of my main issues with the last version was how 'aggressive' the FFB felt - this update feels much less harsh and keeps the detail there as well, this to me is how I imagine it would've felt driving it.

Only bit of feedback is the brakes - not sure if they've been changed at all or if its the new tyre physics you're using that have had a knock-on effect, but they feel just a bit too spongey, I have to basically stand on the brake to get slowed down in time for a corner and then all of a sudden its a mighty lockup. I'm quite new to physics stuff but I'd say the braking torque may want to be upped a little bit. Thanks!

A little weird why you can't get it solved when I've already done both on my end. If Giuseppe would actually get on Steam some time, I could share the info.

Of course, my analysis can be completely wrong, but it's basically a trailing arm, so you should construct it as one, not like the thing there is currently ingame. Less squat, less camber and toe gain. At least that's what the few pics I have and the pic of the CAD model shows. I don't see an upper arm, so it must be a trailing arm effectively.

Hi Arch,
the CAD has a different suspension both on front and on rear.
The rear is a derived version of a split beam axle so, yes, it's a trailing arm at about 45° so it has all that camber gain. As we are still not using Custom Shader Patch, the trailing arm can't be properly simulated, first of all 'cause the anti-features are wrongly calculated on vanilla AC and then because it could sometimes, especially on not level tracks, reach some mathematical limitations and crash the suspension.
This was the best compromise between fidelity and target handling.

install latest version or winRar please

@everyone that has crashes without custom shader patch or content manager

can you please find error logs and send them to me ? I'm really curious if we can figure out the issue.
As far as I know, custom shader patch shouldn't be necessary for this to run , but it's interesting that people having issues with it, it works after they install it
It didn't show an error message for me, it only backed out when trying to load the car into the session.

I can slow it down a bit. It feels bit fast, but when watching on board videos, these things were quick to shift

He might mean the actual positive speed and negative speed, ie how quickly the hand travels from rim to shifter, and then back from shifter to rim. It does feel a little quick to me in this update. It's one of the things I'm constantly editing in car mods as it's often set too fast by default, like Bruce Lee on bennies is changing gears. It's a huge deal in VR - even if the timing is just a little bit off it can be a fairly significant immersion-breaker.

This is my understanding of what the various parameters in the data/driver3d.ini do. If anyone can expand on these or offer more accurate descriptions then please shout.

[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=140 [Time it takes the driver's hand to reach from the wheel towards the shifter]
POSITIVE_TIME=400 [Time it takes to move the hand from rim to shifter, to grab the shifter and change into gear]
STATIC_TIME=120 [How long the driver keeps their hand on the shifter]
NEGATIVE_TIME=400 [Time it takes the driver's hand to let go of the shifter and move back onto the wheel]
PRELOAD_RPM=7400 [The driver will reach for the shifter after the engine has exceeded this specified engine RPM, or take their hand off the shifter if you fall below this specified RPM]

Last edited:
the thing is that everyone will like slightly different animation, some prefer faster, some slower. But I will try to see if I can slow it down and still like it
Nobody can argue if the speed looks natural for a human driver though. There are mod cars out there where the driver's shifting hand looks like it teleports around the cockpit. :roflmao:
(not this one, I hasten to add..!)

Last edited:
Hi Arch,
the CAD has a different suspension both on front and on rear.
The rear is a derived version of a split beam axle so, yes, it's a trailing arm at about 45° so it has all that camber gain. As we are still not using Custom Shader Patch, the trailing arm can't be properly simulated, first of all 'cause the anti-features are wrongly calculated on vanilla AC and then because it could sometimes, especially on not level tracks, reach some mathematical limitations and crash the suspension.
This was the best compromise between fidelity and target handling.
I haven't graphed out curves myself, so I would guess the gain isn't enough in the one I sent Ben, but take a look at it. The proper way to do trailing and semi trailing is via a dominant arm mimicking the real geometry (Upper arm in the case of traditional on-wheel trailing), and longer support arms to achieve RC/IC/curves, then often lowered to maintain the relationship between the 3 ie: good RC with good curves. I used the lower arm as the dominant arm as this is one of those on-hub trailing arms; but I will admit I don't fully understand what would be the difference apart from anti.

Trying to make for example an E30, 930 or 964 rear with the current method used in this Primera is insanity and would never work. At least my method will somewhat maintain curves and the behavior in roll. The UCA and LCA might need to be swapped out, too, but I think that'd break the curves.

when you put your feedback like this
"Trying to make for example an E30, 930 or 964 rear with the current method used in this Primera is insanity and would never work. At least my method will somewhat maintain curves and the behavior in roll. The UCA and LCA might need to be swapped out, too, but I think that'd break the curves."

it's really hard to keep reading and take you seriously ;) show some respect to others
even if you are correct and everyone else is wrong, there are ways to communicate your feedback

You don't have to take me seriously or use any of my suggestions.

The text is for Giuseppe who I already hold high respect for, I'm sure he understands. My suggestion is just to stop thinking about it in the form of physical pivots and start considering the virtual ones, as long as we are chained to two sets of arms.

I will go on the record saying that there's also a decent chance I'm just missing something, but the relationship of the sweep angle and arm angle is clear and curves should be able to be established, so it's a case of creating them. If you have curves and the static 2D RC, I can do it for you as proof of concept.

when you put your feedback like this
"Trying to make for example an E30, 930 or 964 rear with the current method used in this Primera is insanity and would never work. At least my method will somewhat maintain curves and the behavior in roll. The UCA and LCA might need to be swapped out, too, but I think that'd break the curves."

it's really hard to keep reading and take you seriously ;) show some respect to others
even if you are correct and everyone else is wrong, there are ways to communicate your feedback

He is a nice guy, just in need for some ego bromide pills. :roflmao:
No matter what, the car is very believable, exactly what you would expect from a race FWD.
Don't coast, go on the gas as soon as possible and it makes wonders.

I tried the car a bit last night and just now. Last night after driving a bunch of the ASR early 90s F1 cars it didn't go so great. Eventually I tamed it but I had to tweak the setting and get the rear sway bar softer and played with the dampers a bit. But I was trying to drive it like cars with a lot of downforce it was just not having it and once I get the car more properly slow down it seems ok. So today I just did the same with the stock setup and it works, still noticeably looser than the previous version I think and you really need tire temp to come in, which is pretty true even autocrossing my FWD real car, just this is obviously on steroid in its reaction. I think playing with the setup it'll be ok. I still love driving this thing.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 54 41.2%
  • Porsche

Votes: 49 37.4%
  • BMW

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • McLaren

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Toyota

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Intel

Votes: 16 12.2%