2009 World Touring Car Championship

• Wido Rossen

Congrats Marin,

Hope you have a super season and some points to.
See you on the telly men.

• Wido Rossen

Lada have shipped three cars for the FIA World Touring Car Championship premiere in Brazil. Jaap van Lagen, Victor Shapovalov and Cyril Ladygin are the designated drivers and they will drive the updated Lada 110-model.
"The cars have been greatly improved in the areas of aerodynamics, speed, engine power, stability and drivability in general," said Vladislav Nezvankin of AvtoVAZ.

"All technical events that we have planned have been implemented in time. The cars are now on their way over seas to the premiere in Brazil," continued Nezvankin.

Lada have also announced that they will replace the 110-model sometime during the season. Work is in progress with a new model. The model to be used is the Pirora which in basic is an upgraded 110.

wtcc09021201.jpg

Lada entered the WTCC last year with the semi official team Russian Bears Motorsport. 2009 will be the first year of official backing from Lada.

source: www.touringcartimes.com

• Wido Rossen

Champion Yvan Muller has got a brand new livery for the 2009 season of the FIA World Touring Car Championship. The SEAT team has completed the final test ahead of the season premiere at Curitiba in Brazil.
"The first race is getting closer and closer, and we have to define the basic set-up we’re going to use when the world championship begins," said Xavi Serra, SEAT Sport track engineer.

muller.jpg

“The test sessions give us the chance to try out technical solutions that can’t be tested on a race weekend. The work and the information shared by the five team drivers is vital prior to the initial championship races," continued Serra.

Ahead of the start of the 2009 WTCC season the turbo boos pressure has been reduced for the diesel engine. SEAT estimates that the new changes has led to a reduction of 18 BHP from their engine.

But SEAT president Erich Schmitt is confident that the team will be as strong as last season despite the changes.

"We want to defend our world championship titles. Our strong team is unchanged for 2009 which I trust will be a decisive factor," said Schmitt.

( Source TCT )

• Wido Rossen

The Lada Sport team have confirmed that Jaap van Lagen will lead their World Touring Car team again this season.

The 32-year-old Dutchman finished eighth in the Independents' championship last season and will continue alongside Russians Viktor Shapovalov and Kirill Ladygin at the team.

The trio will begin the season in the same Lada 110 cars as they drove in 2008, with a new model expected to be introduced during the summer.

Another Independent, Marin Colak, has also joined the field for 2009. The 24-year-old Czech is a graduate of the SEAT Leon Eurocup and made his WTCC debut in a prize drive at Oschersleben last season. He will be run by his family's Colak Racing Team.

• Wido Rossen

Pierre-Yves Corthals has confirmed that he will not take part in the FIA World Touring Car Championship 2009. The Belgian driver said that his main sponsor, Monroe, has been hit hard by the financial situation, and therefore decided to pull the plug, which left him hopeless to find a drive in the WTCC.

During the winter Corthals received many proposals but the budget he could afford was not enough to close the deals.

"I was asked to drive a BMW, a Seat and even a Chevrolet, but each time I needed a budget I don't have anymore. In this case, dreaming is pointless. I therefore restarted my full time job at my father's firm, and I'm going to look at my future in racing by looking at the possibilities through the perspective of what is possible in the current global situation."

Corthals has been in the WTCC for the last three seasons and fought until the last race for the Indipendents' crown in 2007. Last year he missed the last two meetings of the championship due to lack of budget.

( Source Touringcar Times )

I really liked Pierre, was a good driver, liked watching him in his Monroe SEAT leon in 2007, love the liverie on it.
Hopefully he can race some time in the near future :(

Regards

• Greg Dranard

The whole orange effect is probably to make you look at, even if you think "that looks horrible" you will still be looking at their sponsors!:rotfl:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 62 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%