2012 Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny then What about Grosjean do he also got R&D upgrade over Kimi

The rules are currently so that anyone in the top 10 can win the race. As someone said, too 'artificial'.

I am really glad that the finger haters are quiet for a while after this - coz if that is all you can find against someone that really is one of the nicest blokes, and one of the best drivers - if not the best - out there, then it is unsubstantiated.

Also, really like Rosberg, but he went too far today, very dangerous. He should get a 10 place grid penalty or something for the next race.

Congrats to Vettel for finding a way to win and get back into the Championship hunt, congrats to Red Bull (remember Webber is still very much in the hunt thanks to his consistency). Congrats to both Lotus Renault drivers (they have a really got shot at winning a race this season). Not sure what to say about Rosberg. For the Hamilton incident I felt that it was Lewis who chose to drive off the track to gain the position. However later in the race when a similar incident occurred on the same section of the track was repeated with Alonso ... well I will wait to see what the F1 authorities say about the incidents.

Congrats to Vettel for finding a way to win and get back into the Championship hunt, congrats to Red Bull (remember Webber is still very much in the hunt thanks to his consistency). Congrats to both Lotus Renault drivers (they have a really got shot at winning a race this season). Not sure what to say about Rosberg. For the Hamilton incident I felt that it was Lewis who chose to drive off the track to gain the position. However later in the race when a similar incident occurred on the same section of the track was repeated with Alonso ... well I will wait to see what the F1 authorities say about the incidents.
did you not read my above post? they dismissed the incident.... nothing will happen rosberg.

did you not read my above post? they dismissed the incident.... nothing will happen rosberg.

Sorry I missed it. I do not follow everything everyone writes here. But thanks for letting me know (assuming you are correct) that the two incidents have been dismissed. It takes two to tangle and in both incidents Rosberg/Hamilton and Rosberg/Alonso the drivers were battling each other very hard. In fact there was plenty of action in this race. This is shaping up to be one heck of a season. Four different winners in four different races. I was surprised that McLaren did have a tough day, but I am sure they will rebound.

Full details of the decision of Rosberg's incidents:

http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/05891#page_top

Thanks for the URL ... the fact that F1 was examining the telemetry data before they made their decision is the right thing to do. When we watch the races on TV we can only judge what we see and judge based on our bias opinions on who we cheer for. But the telemetry data does not lie. It tells you exactly what every driver was doing with all their control inputs. A few years ago I took a course on how to drive some Formula Renault cars it was funny when the instructor called out one of my peers for not following the instructions to keep our revs to within certain ranges. The student tried so say "I did exactly what you told me to do" and the instructor responded with "No you didn't ... here is the data to prove you exceed the revs we told you to stay under". LOL

Anyway on to the next race. It's been one heck of a season so far.

That setwards decision will set a dangerous precedent in Formula 1, and in future races when a driver is pushed out to the grass and crash, there will be nothing to complain about. If the action is not punished now, with crash or not, it shouldn´t be punished later on a less permisive circuits than Bahrain.

That setwards decision will set a dangerous precedent in Formula 1, and in future races when a driver is pushed out to the grass and crash, there will be nothing to complain about. If the action is not punished now, with crash or not, it shouldn´t be punished later on a less permisive circuits than Bahrain.

Agreed, it shouldn't matter if the car wasn't alongside at the beginning of the move. As soon as the other car is alongside the defending car cannot force the other off the track. What a joke. What would they have said if Hamilton would have stuck his ground, as he was entitled to do so. There would have been an almighty collision, that's for sure

Umm, did the Stewards even turn up at this race? were they replaced by a bunch of chimpanzees? What happened to the rule about allowing a cars' width when you are being overtaken? does Rosberg think he can do what he wants because he's won a single GP? For me he went from hero to villain in the space of one race.

Nice race, although not as fun as China.

1-Congratulations to Vettel on his win. I'm not particulary happy about him winning, but he did a great job. His tyres seemed to go and go and go.
2-Iceman! At last Kimi Räikkönen gets a good race. 11th to 2nd, almost winning the race, and with a huge gap to 4th. He also pulled a few nice passes. I hope this wasn't a one-of-a-kind performance, and he can get a win soon.
3-Very nice race by Grosjean. His season start had been a bit disappointing, but in this race he has shown he deserves his place in F1.
4-Webber gets another 4th place. He's consistant, but the podium seems to get away every time. Lets hope he can improve this result.
5-Rosberg, good race, if a bit controversial. 5th position with today's field is a strong performance.
6-Di Resta, I didn't expect him to get there. Actually, my TV showed a blank spot where the car should be placed. Does anybody know why?
7-Alonso, again trying to do more than the car allows. Got a bhit of luck with both McLarens ending behind him, but he did a great race. I hope there are improvements during the break, but I don't expect anything from Ferrari. Shame that he got held in the second? pit stop, but I'm not sure it could have been avoided.
8-Hamilton had really bad luck. It was really annoying to see the team fail twice in a row in the exact same place. He had better pace than his position shows.
9-Massa in the points! That's new. But only 2 positions behind Alonso, and a 7 seconds gap between them (which is about 0.13 seconds per lap). He's been improving since the beginning of the season, hopefully he can keep focused and start showing a good level.
10-Michael Schumacher, from 22nd to 10th. Considering how tight the midfield is this season, it's another impressive race by Schumacher. Shame he can't have a normal weekend, there's always something going wrong.

Sauber didn't have a nice weekend. A shame also for WIlliams, with 2 abandons. And Button, it seemed he got hit with the bad luck stick this race. He was doing good, so better luck next time. And HRT is improving little by little, that's something.

I hope Vettel's win doesn't bring back last year's dominance, because this season has been amazing so far. Also, seems that Webber didn't have KERS the first lap. Can someone lend me a tin foil hat?

As for Rosberg, I've watched replays from his incidents with Hamilton and Alonso. I couldn't see the move with Hamilton very well, but Alonso was definitely besides Rosberg (not in parallel) so he was actually pushed out of the track. It was low quality Youtube replays, and the camera angles weren't exactly good, so I can't be sure of any of this. And didn't he have another incident with DiResta? It wasn't even mentioned. Either way, I think his move there, at least with Alonso (and possibly with Hamilton) should have had a penalty. We've gone a long way in driver safety just so they can push each other off the track (because the walls are made of candy, right?)

6. No part of Car 5 was alongside that of Car 8.
This particularly pisses me off. I doubt any driver would willingly drive off track, specially if off track is basically full of sand. And in that case, they should consider a penalty to Hamilton for overtaking outside of the track (I don't believe he did it, but if Rosberg didn't push him, then he willingly went outside to pass Rosberg). They should show some consistency with their decisions.​
Edit: Actually, you want proof? Listen to Alonso's reaction in the team radio. He sounds genuinely angry.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 31 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%