2012 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thing that some don't know - like me until this morning :p - is that if the race distance was at the normal requirement of no less than 305km, then the race would be an almighty 92 laps :confused:

Maybe that attributes to the lack of passing numbers as well at the race - there's roughly 15% less chance of it just because of race distance. But then again, the race will in all likelihood never finish in 2 hours, due to the nature of the track - which is probably the reason for the shortened race distance of 260km.

EDIT: OK 18% less :sneaky:

Alonso gearing up for the weekend! Would love to drive that sim :)

AX3Pb.jpg

I have heard a lot from the Swedish commentators (specually the old one that I belive retired before the Barcelona GP) that Red Bull has very good mechanical grip (meaning the suspension) compared to the majority of the grid so I have a feeling that if he is correct then RBR might have a fair chans on pole. :)

Interesting article about Maldonaldo:
A favourite for victory this weekend, Pastor Maldonado is reportedly lucky to be gearing up to race in the Principality at all.
Bild newspaper recalls that the Venezuelan, who defied his ‘pay driver’ critics by winning for Williams in Spain two weeks ago, was actually banned after an horror incident on the streets of Monte Carlo seven years ago.
Racing in the Renault World Series in 2005, the 27-year-old ignored yellow flags before striking and severely injuring a marshal.
Organisers of the Monaco grand prix reacted by banning Maldonado from the street circuit for life.
Germany’s Bild revealed that Maldonado’s wealthy father intervened, promising to pay for the marshal’s recovery and rehabilitation from a broken back.
That intervention saved Maldonado’s future Formula One career, as no team would hire a regular driver that cannot participate in the sport’s most famous race.

I really want Lewis to get a Win here with Seb getting 2nd place which makes the Challenge Really Interesting and Makes The WDC really tough
Can't take out Alonso, Kimi, Button, Webber, Schumi along with the New Race winners Pastor and Nico and still any other driver may win what a year 2012 was

I have heard a lot from the Swedish commentators (specually the old one that I belive retired before the Barcelona GP) that Red Bull has very good mechanical grip (meaning the suspension) compared to the majority of the grid so I have a feeling that if he is correct then RBR might have a fair chans on pole. :)
'
they sound like swedish "fan" commentators lol. jk man ;)

well according the the official F1 site its supposed to pour and thunder on Saturday.

Hopefully no red flags mess up Qualifying.

I wonder if Lewis or Kimi can finally squeeze in his overdue win, OR what other different team will win, given that we had all different teams and drivers win, Lotus being the favorites most of the time, I wonder if a previous race winner this year will break this trend, given into consideration safety cars, red flags, penalties and pit chaos.

Maldo i think will be very quick here, he´s won there in pretty much every class he´s raced in there.
A Monaco expert as we call them.
I´m not sure it will be a win this time but for sure he could be looking at a podium.

Honestly... do they hire people with the IQ of a rock for press conferences?

One guy (and i think he was at the last one asking the same stupid questions) consistently just asks the dumbest questions you could ever ask to a racing driver.

The driver´s just looked at each other laughing then Mark said the usual and ended with "pretty sure all of us would say that".
The other driver´s stayed quiet, which should be a sign that you would get the same answer but no no no.... He insisted the driver´s all gave their own (really the same) opinion..

He´s asking question in the same sense as "would you want to win at Monaco"

Who topped the timetables during FP1?

Alonso was fastest. Dunno the times :p Just saw a headline.

EDIT:
Pos Driver Team Time Laps
1. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m16.265s 22
2. Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1m16.630s + 0.365 17
3. Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari 1m16.711s + 0.446 19
4. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1m16.747s + 0.482 12
5. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Renault 1m16.760s + 0.495 20
6. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m16.843s + 0.578 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%