2013 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heartbreak for Perez, I was very happy to see him gain some possitions, shame about the brake problem, also nice driving by Sutil and Button's overtake on Alonso was fantastic also, good to see Mercedes winning after Barcelona :) what a strange crash Maldonado's was I'd never seen the barriers block the track like that before.Nice race imo, bring on Canada!

Perez got what he deserved, his "overtakes" were simply over the top. He never actually overtook anyone, he just put his car inside of the other and forced them off the track. Essentially it's saying: "either you let me past (or take the exit so the FIA lets me past) or we're both going to crash". I really can't stand this way of driving.
Sutil's overtake on Button also went too far - the one on Alonso was okay though.

I extremely wonder what happened between Rai-Hul-Bot-Gut at the last lap. Raikkonen was 6 seconds ahead of Hulkenberg! And there were yellow flags too. :cautious:

I think tyre test gave no significant advantage to Mercedes. Monaco is simply better for tyres. We will see the real situation at Canada :sneaky:

Perez got what he deserved, his "overtakes" were simply over the top. He never actually overtook anyone, he just put his car inside of the other and forced them off the track. Essentially it's saying: "either you let me past (or take the exit so the FIA lets me past) or we're both going to crash". I really can't stand this way of driving.

Exactly, this is a dive bomb so I don´t understand why Alonso had to give the position back, because in my eyes, first he avoided a collision and second, Perez was not ahead really when Alonso cutted the chicane. And poor Kimi saw his race destroyed by such an idiot, and good luck he avoided him the first time he attempted the move. Perez should drink less coffe before the races...

I extremely wonder what happened between Rai-Hul-Bot-Gut at the last lap. Raikkonen was 6 seconds ahead of Hulkenberg! And there were yellow flags too. :cautious:

I think tyre test gave no advantage to Mercedes. Monaco is simply better for tyres. We will see the real situation at Canada :sneaky:

With 4 laps to go it was 2 seconds between Hulk (10th) and Kimi (13th).

Well done for Nico winning the first race of 2013 after all those poles. I think its his 1st win ever.
JB did good with 6th for his McLaren, The car is slow so this is a track that will compliment that.

My beef is there is to much pace car on this circuit. Cutting race laps to a minimum.
Its not a good place to race. But there is Money and that is what you need to hold a GP.
There are so many good track's like Brands Hatch and Dijon, Paul Ricard that are fabulous places to go racing but don't have the Money to make it happen.
A Bad track with a pool of Money is what the FIA want. So sad
:(:(

You hate him why? Because he was one of only 3 drivers to actually have any balls today when racing?
If you mean he had the balls and had not the brain, I agree. Balls is overtaking someone because you win the position fairly... this kind of "move over or I´ll crash you" is not related to having the balls or the skills, and less when you do it on people who is actually fighting for the championship.

Pérez almost ending Kimi's race was bloody ridiculous. Kimi was defending, and Pérez went in like an enraged GP3 rookie.

I can't blame him for trying to overtake, but he was way beyond the line. Sutil was cool though, he finally gets some luck. And Hamilton's attempt at overtaking Webber was kind of nuts, but they both handled it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 37 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%