2013 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari and Pirelli all having hearings with the stewards concering Red Bull and Ferraris protest over testing conducted on the 15th, 16th and 17th of May in Barcelona.

As I see it if we looking at the sporting regulations it againts the rules, but Pirelli have some sort of contract which allows them to have teams doing testing, I heard somewhere and I can't exactly remember who said it or from where I saw it but Ferrari had done something simular with Pirelli after the race in Bahrain.

As I understand to do running on any car you've got to seek permission from the FIA. Brawn has already said that the FIA gave permision and he even mentions that you're not given any information on what tyre you are testing, you only get a 'code'.

Still, MGP run a 2013 car with the 2013 drivers for 1000km on the best test track in F1 in good conditions (unlike in winter testing). Even if the have no clue what tires that they were testing which I don't really belive (You don't test 3 days and have no clue what you are doing), it's impossible to take away zero usable information. And anything that isn't zero is an advantage over the other teams.

As Vettel said in the interview: I don't belivet they won here because of that, but they certainly took away information that should help them in future races.
Brawn said it wasn't a secret test because they didn't hide anything they did, but as I understand it Merc and Pirelli never really anounced such a test to the other teams.

Still, MGP run a 2013 car with the 2013 drivers for 1000km on the best test track in F1 in good conditions (unlike in winter testing). Even if the have no clue what tires that they were testing which I don't really belive (You don't test 3 days and have no clue what you are doing), it's impossible to take away zero usable information. And anything that isn't zero is an advantage over the other teams.

As Vettel said in the interview: I don't belivet hey won here because of that, but they certainly took away information that should help them in future races.
Brawn said it wasn't a secret test because they didn't hide anything they did, but as I understand it Merc and Pirelli never really anounced such a test to the other teams.

Agree They Wont come to test with Only Drivers and Cars and Pit crew their Engineers and every one who was working on Merc Garage will be There. They can understand which tires they are using by testing the Tires even after Some XX Laps and if you Count the 1000 Km in Laps they ran around 210 odd laps.
Also Vettel was right. we may see how their Tires are holding up in Montreal to confirm that how much advantage Merc had

But do they have to announce to the entire world their schedule? Teams would of noticed that they didn't pack up after the race, still I don't think they've got to annonce anything.

And I take Brawns word on not knowing what tyres, they probably had a reasonable idea, but their not told what they are using, but it safe to say its either the refined tyres that should be introduced after Canada or next seasons tyres.

I don't think much will come out of this other than some rule changes and change to procedure, as long as the FIA knew a test was being conducted and with what car and what not, which Mercedes say they did inform the FIA then I doubt any spankings will be handed out.

Either way I don't think it would of changed the results of today.

Strange so many complaints about drivers that actually try to overtake and manage to do so fair and square. Kimi did shut the door way to late too on Perez but somehow Perez is the bad guy??? It was not like Kimi shouldn´t expect Perez to make a move there as he done several times before. RI but Kimi is more to blame. Perez did a perfect one on Button. A perfect one on Alonso. Perez made the corner and stole the line as he was ahead that is allowed even in F1. If Alonso can´t defend his position while staying on track he has to give it away.

I'd say the contact between Perez and Raikkonen can be seen either way, but as I saw it Kimi was turning in, then made a larger change of direction cutting Perez right off. I didn't see much fault with anything else Perez was upto other than that move on Button in the pool section at the start of the race, that was a bit dodgey.

Perez tried the exact same thing some laps earlier with Kimi, but that time Kimi saw it comming and took avoiding action. They both did not make the chicane, so if Kimi would have turned in normally Perez already would have crashed right into him. He would have never succeded to turn that car into the chicane.
A few laps later Kimi defended even more and was already turning in on the normal racing line when Perez drove into a gap that was ever going to disappear.

Diffrent thing with Alonso: It was a good move up to that point when they had to turn right again. Noone was ahead and Perez just closed the door leaving Alonso only 3 options: a) slam the brakes coming almost to a stillstand, b) take the corner, jump over the yellow curb and flying straight into Perez and c) take avoiding action.
From that point I don't see why Alonso had to give the place back as Perez never gave Alonso the option to defend his position on track.

The overtake on Button was absolutely clean though.

btw was Kimis last pit stop planned. I thought he pitted for damage but then they just changed tires and he went fast again.

Yeah they planed to go from P5 to P10 with 5 laps to go (or something like that). That was clearly not planned as he had a puncture.

As for Kimi: Why does he only get a reprimand? I remember Massa and Vettel getting a drive-through penalty last year in Barcelona for going too fast under yellow which is kind of the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 56 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.4%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%