2014 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you a RB fan? Sorry then, I didn't know what to write :alien:

Yes, as you've always seen. But Red Bull have messed up here, if they are guilty, so I'm criticising them, as you do when they get it wrong.

As they did with Vettel in Abu Dhabi 2012. But I'm sure your finger hating self has forgotten about this ;)

Thx :)

bernie-money-500x334.jpg

My 2 cents: RB doing a bordeline cheating attempt using the second car, and getting caught. The reason for stretching the rules here would be to find a "grey area" that would be harder to scrutinize and useable on the no. 1 car ( Seb ).

Poor Dan has to act as a possible scapegoat in RBs engineering hunt for grey area cheating.

The statement that rb changed the fuel flow meter while the car was in parc ferme issued by some fia technician adds fuel (hehe) to the fire... Sad mess.

The fuel flow meter can be changed during the race from the computers in the pit lane, it's not part of the parc ferme. We saw Magnussen switching between high mixture and low mixture, switching between gaining and losing time to Ricciardo.

The fuel flow meter can be changed during the race from the computers in the pit lane, it's not part of the parc ferme. We saw Magnussen switching between high mixture and low mixture, switching between gaining and losing time to Ricciardo.

They can of course change the mapping. But the meter itself is a part supplied according to FIA specs, and these clearly states that the MAF meter can not allow a flow greater than 100kg/h at any time.

This would be your 100% mapping in car. Then you can regulate this as it is obvious that 100kgs max fuel load combined with 1.5 hrs of racing would require less usage.

The fuss in this DQ case is however that the meter would have allowed for a flow surpassing the max limit.

Yeah. Williams are getting a bit overshadowed by other things in the discussions post race, but Bottas recovery following his incident really indicates that they have a strong package at the start of the season.

Bottas may even be a contender for some podium finishes. As this year is so extremely important to Williams as a team i am really hoping that they can keep the pace.

According to horner, sounds like the fia sensor is ****...hes confident his injection data will prove otherwise...cos afterall its not like RB have a history of pushing the boundaries. ..shoud be them with the white colour scheme...we will see

According to horner, sounds like the fia sensor is ****...hes confident his injection data will prove otherwise...cos afterall its not like RB have a history of pushing the boundaries. ..shoud be them with the white colour scheme...we will see

Interestingly no other team had problems keeping under the usage limits using what is supposed to be an homologated piece of tech.

So i'm really not buying that. This in combination with the strange engine problems for Vettel and also their reliability issues, tells me that Red Bull is messing in the grey areas as usual.

I seriously believe that all the troubles facing them are in fact due to Newey and the engineers seriously bending some rules, resulting in the mess they have now.

However, all this comes as a calculated risk, as when they find the undetactable AND reliable ways of breaking the rules (or bending them a lot) they will be fastest again.

Looking back, this is a fine tradition in the sport...

Interestingly no other team had problems keeping under the usage limits using what is supposed to be an homologated piece of tech.

So i'm really not buying that. This in combination with the strange engine problems for Vettel and also their reliability issues, tells me that Red Bull is messing in the grey areas as usual.

I seriously believe that all the troubles facing them are in fact due to Newey and the engineers seriously bending some rules, resulting in the mess they have now.

However, all this comes as a calculated risk, as when they find the undetactable AND reliable ways of breaking the rules (or bending them a lot) they will be fastest again.

Looking back, this is a fine tradition in the sport...

It's pretty clear also, that the FIA doesn't want another 4-year-long (or more) of Vettel-RB's domination. It seems they want to break that tradition too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%