2014 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can remember when every formula 1 race was exciting, not just a select few jewels on the calendar. I say bring back the V10s and refuelling!!

Can you? I must be too young because I have not seen a season ever without at least 4-5 borefests... and I remember watching Barrichello in a white Stewart, so I did not start yesterday.

It all looks good to me apart from the mercedes. We will get pretty tired of Rosberg soon if the difference in pace is what it looked like today.

The resto of the field I liked, FI or williams, even TR can fight with anybody else, and mclaren is back. Ferrari... well, it looks like yet another year of pretty good but not good enough.

Can you? I must be too young because I have not seen a season ever without at least 4-5 borefests... and I remember watching Barrichello in a white Stewart, so I did not start yesterday.

It all looks good to me apart from the mercedes. We will get pretty tired of Rosberg soon if the difference in pace is what it looked like today.

The resto of the field I liked, FI or williams, even TR can fight with anybody else, and mclaren is back. Ferrari... well, it looks like yet another year of pretty good but not good enough.
Well 4-5 borefests is much better than 15-16 and even then the borefests back then were not as boring as they are today. This season will soon become a repeat of 2013, the only element making it more exciting at the moment is the risk brought about by reliability.

Nice race! The sideways movement is certainly a good thing. Hearing tire squeal: very nice bonus, makes up for the lost volume a lot. Hearing drivers during the race: another surprising aspect to add. Reliability was far better than worst fears. Not so much different from any other season start. But.

The boost is obvious and good.. They can catch quicker but still have the same chances of passing. They could easily drop DRS out.. Racing was great, it's been a while when second turn was really a turn you need to drive.. And Turn 5, they need to lift there.. Wheel spins, lockups.. It all played out amazingly well, much better than what i expected. Too bad Ferrari had problems but Bottas saved us Finns.. And of course we take half victory too ;) Ricciardo was total surprise, too bad it means RBR is on track, could've enjoyed a few more DNFs, just get something back for making so many races so boring.. And Magnussen, it's great to see another nordic driver on podium.

14 finishers. I like that.. F1 and techical problems goes hand in hand. We made sure that drivers aren't hurt but i think it was about time to start punishing machines instead..

There were really very few moments in the race without someone making grounds. It was evenly spread thru out the race.

Next race, Merc, Williams, Ferrari, McLaren and RBR.. In that order....

Enjoyed that race. Best bits were the start and near the end was quite tense for the battle for second. The worst things were the fact that there was no battle for the lead and the fuel saving. But it's important to not be so critical which I feel many people are being reading the comments in a few websites. A great start to the new season. Love that F1 is back.

I agree with you, but, I have a feeling Vettel and Red Bull will find their edge and dominate again.
I hope not. This race was... good. As an Alonso fan, I can't say perfect. Rosberg won, Mercedes dominating, Ricciardo as a home hero in 2nd, Magnussen with an amazing drive in 3rd, Button in 4th (from 10th on the grid, nice achievement), Alonso, started 5th, finished 5th... Ferrari have lost their good starts :( Bottas... AMAZING after hitting that wall... great comeback. He could have got the podium if he didn't hit the wall. Hulk in 7th, I expected more from FI, Raikkonen in 8th, sad to see him locking up everywhere, and the two Toro Rosso's starting the season pretty good, aswell as first points for Kvyat. I hope Vettel will DNF again, and Alonso will step on the podium :)

Me myself as Vettel fan i am disappointed totally but we never give up ! :)

Though i voted for Rosberg for the win and he did, sadly i missed the Grand Prix Predictor -_-

And about that V6 Turbo sound, i'd say nothing replaces that one! I get a feeling they are cruising on the track.

I agree with you, but, I have a feeling Vettel and Red Bull will find their edge and dominate again.

Rosberg looked as though he could have won the race by over a minute. He was pretty much cruising most of the race and it was pretty evident how he was able to increase the gap near the end to Ricciardo even though he was probably pushing to keep Magnussen behind. The merc is an absolute beast at the moment. But I'm much more happier if Mercedes dominate than Red Bull because the inter team battle between Hamilton and Rosberg will be much much closer than Vettel and Ricciardo. So even though the pace of Mercedes looks rather ominous, I'm not complaining because of the misery I and many others have had to endure in 2011 and 2013!

Pretty excited to see McLaren back near the top spots. Not so excited for one of the RB engines giving up but alas, we'll see what Vettel can do in Malaysia. :)

Tom

Reactions: Dux
Rosberg looked as though he could have won the race by over a minute. He was pretty much cruising most of the race and it was pretty evident how he was able to increase the gap near the end to Ricciardo even though he was probably pushing to keep Magnussen behind. The merc is an absolute beast at the moment. But I'm much more happier if Mercedes dominate than Red Bull because the inter team battle between Hamilton and Rosberg will be much much closer than Vettel and Ricciardo. So even though the pace of Mercedes looks rather ominous, I'm not complaining because of the misery I and many others have had to endure in 2011 and 2013!

Let's hope reliability doesn't stop the Silver Arrows from domination.

I would be happy as well if Mercedes dominated.

I want that Mercedes win too but not like RB the last Years. We want to see pure Racing. I think next Race Lewis and Nico will give us a great show behind that Vettel, Ric, Mag,Button,Massa,Alo,Rai (after lewis a'n example order).

Ah, the golden rule in racing: if you throw enough money into something, it'll come full circle. With Mercedes especially ( see old DTM, FIA GT, etc ). Only wish they could've given Schumacher this kind of car and not the understeery crap he had to drive.

With cars being extra safe drivers are able to push to the limit of the cars ability to deliver. Having said that, cars have more influence than ever before. Don't wanna sound awkward saying i'd like to see some greater dangers for life, but for sure a lot more faster cars, at least 1:25 per lap. And that's something they must, F1 management or whoever decides there, to go in that direction as fast as possible! Faster cars, if possible closing to 2004 will bring some greater quality and we will see bigger differences from driver to driver.

And if cameras are that important, i think they should import powerful speakers hidden within the car design to pronounce the engine sound (haahhahah) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%